CHAPTER 8

POOR HEART

 

“Did you say that you make these socks? It’s so cute..” exclaimed Baekhyun as he holding a pair of knit socks.

“I just know how to make the basic one only, the rest omma make it.. it’s cute isn’t it? When I try to make these, I got scolded by omma a lot.. but I did it at the end, and that.. is the only that I made, the one that you holding..” said Chanyeol.

“It’s beautiful..” comment Baekhyun.

“Thank you, you can take that one for this little one here.. keep it..” said Chanyeol again.

“Oh, I can take it?..” ask Baekhyun again surprised.

“Yeah..” nodded Chanyeol smiling.

“Ohh.. I.. urmm.. thank you..” said Baekhyun blushing as he take the socks.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

“Baekhyun..” call Chanyeol again as he scoot closer to the smaller.

“Yes..” answer Baekhyun without looking at the taller as he busy looking for the cute stuff in the box.

“…”

“Hurmm?..”

“…”

“Chanyeol.. what is it?..” ask Baekhyun as the taller just remain silent.

“Oh.. nothing, just.. wanna say that I miss you..” said Chanyeol smiling.

“Ohh.. I miss you too..” said Baekhyun casually.

“Really?..”

“Uh huh..” Baekhyun nodded.

“Seriously?..”

“Hurmm..” Baekhyun humming.

“Baekhyun? Look at me.. did you mean it?..” ask Chanyeol again.

“About what?..” ask Baekhyun clueless as he looking at the taller.

“You really miss me? ..”

“Yeah.. without you this house is so silent, not that omma and appa was not here, it just feel silent.. so I really like it when you are here..” answer Baekhyun as he smile back at the taller.

“Did you love me? as in you miss me because you love me?..” ask Chanyeol again.

“What? I.. urmm, you.. you care about me, so.. urmm.. does that mean that you love me too?..” ask Baekhyun back a bit confuse.

“Baekhyun, I care about you not because of your conditions, its simply because I fall in love with you.. did you remember that day when I said that I have a feelings for you, it is love Baekhyun, I love you.. I do love you..”

“Chan.. Chanyeol.. why all of the sudden?.. I.. I don’t know what to say.. I thought that you take care of me and the baby was just a normal things, I didn’t know that you feeling like this..” said Baekhyun as he begin to panic. His breath is starting to become heavy.

“I do love you Baekhyun.. everything I do for you is because of love, not because of pity, concerns.. or whatever, I want to take care of you, forever.. so will you be my boyfriend?..” ask Chanyeol as he take the latter’s hand and kiss it.

“I.. I want to.. but I.. I don’t know how to.. Chan.. Chanyeol.. I.. I can’t..” said Baekhyun panic as he try to calm himself down. He can feel his heart beating too fast.

“Baek.. Baekhyun, calm down.. Baekhyun, you’re okay?.. hey, look at me.. look at me, calm down..” said Chanyeol as he try to calm the pregnant man.

“I don’t.. Chanyeol.. I don’t know.. I’m sorry..” said Baekhyun as he clutching onto the taller’s hand tightly.

“It’s okay Baek.. hey, calm down.. take a deep breath, it’s okay.. it’s okay..” said Chanyeol softly.

Baekhyun starts to calm down a little as his breathe become normal again. He looks at the way Chanyeol attending to him, and notice that the taller looks disappointed and somehow looks a bit angry in Baekhyun’s eye.

“I’m sorry..” blurted Baekhyun suddenly.

“Huh? Why you sorry? There’s nothing to be sorry about..” said Chanyeol surprised looking back at the smaller.

Baekhyun was keeping his head down fiddling with his hands nervously. Is Chanyeol disappointed at me? Is.. Is he mad at me? What should I do?

“Urmm.. do you want to get back to your room? Come, I send you..” said Chanyeol as he get up from the bed.

Seeing the taller already get up Baekhyun hurriedly get up too, but still keeping his head low, and his hands clasping together in front.

Chanyeol want to held his hands, but Baekhyun suddenly fidgeted, and a tiny gasp can be heard.

“I won’t hurt you Baekhyun, just let me hold your hands okay?..” said Chanyeol as he slowly take Baekhyun’s hand. His hand was cold, indicates that he was scared.

Baekhyun just let the taller hold his hand until they reach his room. Chanyeol make him sit on the bed.

“Just rest or take a nap okay? I’ll be in my room if you need me..” said Chanyeol as he want to leave.

“Chan.. Chanyeol?..”

Chanyeol look back and the pregnant were looking at him sadly.

“Yes..”

“Can.. can you stay here? If.. if you want.. I.. mean..”

“Yeah, sure.. I’ll stay..” said Chanyeol as he went to the couch and lay back there.

A dead silent was occurred, and Chanyeol notice that the pregnant was still looking at him.

“You can rest Baek, I won’t touch or do anything to you.. don’t worry..” said Chanyeol calmly.

Then suddenly, Baekhyun running towards him and hug him tightly.

“Baekhyun.. what..”

“I’m sorry.. I’m so sorry.. I hurt you, but still you treat me nicely..” cry Baekhyun.

“Hey, it’s okay.. I understand, it’s really okay Baek.. you don’t need to be guilty..” said Chanyeol smiling.

“But you were sad.. I..”

“No, I’m not Baek.. I’m just.. urmm.. okay, let just said that I’m sad, what are you gonna do?..” ask Chanyeol looking deeply into Baekhyun’s eyes.

“What am I gonna do?..” ask Baekhyun back.

“I don’t know, just guess..”

“Urmmm.. I should make you happy then..” answer Baekhyun.

“Okay, then how?..” ask Chanyeol smiling.

“I let you sleep here?..”

“Oh, you let me sleep here? Really? Or is that a questions?..” ask Chanyeol again. Really, Baekhyun looks so adorable like that. He makes a pouty yet cute expressions as he try hard to think to make Chanyeol happy.

“You want to sleep here?..” ask Baekhyun.

“If you let me to..”

“Is that can make you happy?..” ask Baekhyun again.

“Urmm.. I say about 35%..”

“Okay, then you can sleep here tonight.. should I take another pillow for you? Or blanket?.. your plushy I think?” ask Baekhyun as he get up from the couch. But before he want to make another move, Chanyeol caught his hands.

“I just need you Baek.. that’s enough..” said Chanyeol softly.

Baekhyun can feel that his face becomes red hearing that.