CHAPTER 12

POOR HEART

 

FLASHBACK

“Hey you ! Come here you lil ! How dare you make my shirt like this?” shout Mrs Kim as she drag the small boy by his hair roughly.

“Mom!.. mom!, please no!..” said the poor boy trembling as he stumbled along.

“You dare to call me that huh?..” said the woman as she shoved the small boy into the kitchen store.

“I.. I.. I’m so.. sorry, mom.. I didn’t..”

“Who’s your mom?! How many time do I have to tell you to not call me that! Are you deaf?!..” said the woman as she raised the broom stick and start to hit the poor boy everywhere on his thin body.

“Please.. please.. I’m sorry, I won’t do it again.. please, it hurts.. it hurts.. please..” shout the boy as he try to beg for forgiveness.

“You’re ungrateful boy! Disgusting piece of ! Nobody likes you! I hope you die one day!..” said the woman again as she take a rope and continue hitting the boy like a poor sack.

“It hurts.. pl.. please.. please..” said the boy weakly.

“Huh, what a funny piece of trash.. why you didn’t die like your mom? Your dad is also useless, leaving a boy like you with us? What can you do huh? An ugly carrier like you will never be someone’s lover, remember that!..”

END OF FLASHBACK

The nightmare. It comes again. Why did it comes again? Baekhyun hold his body up and rest at the bedstand. He looks beside him, there the man he loves was sleeping soundly.

“He looks tired..” whispered Baekhyun softly as he caress the man’s face. He smile softly thinking how he love that man very much.

“Wait, love? I love Chanyeol?.. no, no.. I can’t, what are you doing Baekhyun? Why you keep loving him? Remember, you can never be someone’s lover. Yeah, Mrs Kim is right, who am I to him? This child is not him, you’re just using him Baekhyun. Get rid of your love for him..”

“Yeah.. at the end, Mrs Kim is right, I can’t be attached too much to you, you’re too kind for me, I’m not deserve someone like you..” said Baekhyun sadly as he leave the bed.

____________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun makes way to the kitchen. He can see lots piles of dishes need to be washed. The leftover foods from that night celebration was still at the kitchen counter too.

He feels bad for didn’t celebrate Mrs Park’s birthday. He makes way to the living hall too, there he can see the birthday decorations still hanging on the wall, the balloons was everywhere.

“To make up for it, I can just clean up.. yes! I can do that! It’s not that big deal right? Mr and Mrs Park must be tired too, I can ease their burden a little, okay.. let’s do it..” said Baekhyun cheerful.

Almost 2 hours later, Baekhyun finish clean up all the mess. He swipe the floor, mopped it, clean the dish, throw the rubbish and take off all the decorations, he do it all alone but with his pregnant body, he experienced fatigue all over his body now. His body is all ached, and he can feel sleepiness starts to take over him.

He slowly lie over the couch, lying on his side.

“I will take a nap here, and then I will get up early in the morning to make them breakfast, and then I will apologize to them, hurmm.. that’s sounds like a plan, then.. they won’t be too angry with me right? Yeah, I’ll do that.. I need to..” mumbled Baekhyun as he slowly lie back on the couch, close his eyes and drifted to sleep.

____________________________________________________________________________

“Baek.. Baek, honey.. wake up..”

Baekhyun slowly open his eyes, and because of the sleepiness, his eyes was blurry.

“Honey, why you sleep here? Go and sleep upstairs okay, your back will hurt if you sleep at the couch..”

“Who..”

“It’s mom here..” said Mrs Park. It was currently 8 am now, and she was so surprise this morning to see all the mess have been cleaned up, and she found the pregnant was sleeping soundly at the couch.

“Mom! Oh gosh! What.. what time is it? I’m sorry.. I really really sorry, I suppose to make breakfast, and.. gosh, I overslept.. I’m sorry..I.. I go and prepare it now..” said Baekhyun frantically as he quickly dashed to the kitchen.

“Baek.. wait!..” call Mrs Park.

But to his surprise, Mrs Park already prepare the breakfast. Gosh! What should I do? I suppose to make breakfast this morning, and now Mrs Park already prepare it. Baekhyun really didn’t know what to do, he already ruined his apologize plan that he made last night. What should I do? What should I do?

He starts to fiddle with his hands, a habit when he was anxious, and looks down thinking how he can apologize to the Park’s family.

“Baek.. honey, you’re okay?..” ask Mrs Park softly as he spot the pregnant was just standing quietly at the kitchen.

She quietly approach him and softly take his hands and drag him to the dining table.

“It’s okay honey, we’re not mad at you.. you don’t need to feel apologetic..” said Mrs Park. She knows that Baekhyun feeling sorry for not celebrating her birthday last night, that’s why he clean all the mess as a way to not make them to not feeling too angry with him.  

“I know you feel apologetic, but it’s okay Baekhyun. I’m not getting mad at you, neither dad or Chanyeol. Why should we be angry?..” said Mrs Park smiling at the pregnant.

But still Baekhyun didn’t lift his head or look at Mrs Park. He just keep silent and fiddled with his hands.

“But I’ve trouble you..” whispered Baekhyun softly.

“No, no you don’t honey, you didn’t trouble us.. it’s okay, I understand though..”

“I’m sorry.. I’m really sorry..” said Baekhyun  as he sobbed silently.

“Sshh honey, it’s okay.. don’t cry, don’t cry.. it’s okay..” said Mrs Park as she hug the pregnant tightly and rubbing his back.

“You.. you don’t get mad?..” ask Baekhyun as he finally look up to Mrs Park after the hug.

“Why should I? You didn’t do anything wrong though.. it’s okay huh? Aigoo, why you so sad? Don’t be sad okay? The baby will be sad too..” said Mrs Park as she caress the round bump gently.

“I.. I won’t be sad, I want the baby to be happy..” said Baekhyun as he caress his bump also.

“Then you need to smile honey..” said Mrs Park.

Baekhyun smile at her, and Mrs Park hug him again.

“Let’s have breakfast outside, I bring this and can you bring those honey?..” ask Mrs Park as she put the toast, jam and the scrambled egg on the tray.

“Yes I can..” answered Baekhyun happily. ____________________________________________________________________________

“It’s nice right to have breakfast here?..” ask Mrs Park as they were having a sumptuous breakfast at the backyard.

“Yes, it’s nice..” smile Baekhyun.

“Let’s just eat first, if we wait for our man to wake up, it will be a long time until we can eat together, so let’s just eat first..” said Mrs Park.

Baekhyun just smile and nodded at her.

“Sorry, it was just a simple toast and scrambled eggs, you want some porridge? I make chicken porridge in case you didn’t want a toast, wait here.. I’ll bring it for you..”

Before Baekhyun want to protest, Mrs Park already gone back to the kitchen to get the porridge.

“Here.. eat it, you need to eat a lot in the morning, so the baby will be healthier, like his pretty omma okay?..” said Mrs Park as she tap Baekhyun cute nose softly.

“Thank you omma, you want some?..” ask Baekhyun.

“Nah, I’m okay with toast..” said Mrs Park.

“Urmm, did omma prepare the breakfast for appa and Channie?..” ask Baekhyun suddenly. Mrs Park smile as she heard Baekhyun calling Chanyeol as Channie. It was cute she think.

“No, I didn’t.. let just them prepare their own, they always wake up late, so it will be useless if I make them breakfast..” said Mrs Park.

“Oh okay..” said Baekhyun smile. But what if Chanyeol wake up early? Ohh, I can share my breakfast with him.

With a smile, he take his toast, spread the jam on it, then put the scramble eggs inside it, Chanyeol like baked beans, so I will put a lot in his plate, and then bacon, and it was set. He then put aside the sandwich that he makes.

“Who is that for? You want to eat it later?..” ask Mrs Park as she eyeing the pregnant.

“No, it’s for Channie.. in case he wake up early..” smile Baekhyun.

“You’re so thoughtful, he likes baked beans.. is that why you put a lot in his plate?..” ask Mrs Park again.

“Yes, he told me like them, so I put it a lot.. is it too much?..” ask Baekhyun unsure.

“No, honey, it’s okay.. it’s perfect! Chanyeol will like it for sure.. ahhh! There he is..”

At the same time, Chanyeol appears at the backyard door, looking sleepy with his messy hair.

“Baek, baby.. you’re here? I’m searching for you everywhere, I wake up and foud you nowhere beside me, I was so panic..” ramble Chanyeol as he sat beside Baekhyun.

“You’re over-reacting! Look at the time already, it almost 10 am, what a father wake up so late in the morning? And also, where is your dad? Is he still sleeping? Ahh.. speaking of the devil, here he is..” said Mrs Park as she spot her husband also with the same conditions as Chanyeol walking slowly to them.

“Morning Baek..” said Mr Park.

“Morning dad..” greet Baekhyun smiling at the old man.

“Where’s my breakfast?..” ask Chanyeol.

“Ahh, here I make this for you..” said Baekhyun shyly as he put the plate in front of Chanyeol.

“Ohh, for me? Then I’m sure it’s taste fantastic too, thank you babe..” said Chanyeol as he devour the sandwich. Baekhyun smile contently as he watch Chanyeol eat the sandwich he make.

“And what about me?..” ask Mr Park.

“Here, this is yours..” said Mrs Park as she put only the toast on the plate.

“Just this?..”

“Yup, just that.. just eat it, beside you wake up early, I didn’t expect you to wake up early so I didn’t make breakfast for you..”

“Chanyeol got a nice sandwich, and I just got a plain, dry toast?..”

“That’s why dad, you need to meet someone as thoughtful like Baekhyun, he is pretty, he can cook, I’m proud for having him..” said Chanyeol as he suddenly kiss Baekhyun cheek. The action makes Baekhyun’s face so red, and he shyly poke Chanyeol’s arm softly to make him stop teasing him.

“Arasso, I won’t tease you.. I just love you..” said Chanyeol again smiling.

“Hurmm.. I guess you right my son, I need to find someone..”

“Fine! Don’t eat that! Just make your own breakfast..” said Mrs Park sulky.

“No, no honey, I just kidding.. I will eat it okay, I eat.. don’t be so sulky, yah! Park Chanyeol! It’s your fault too..”

“What?.. I didn’t do anything..”

“Yah, palli apologize, you started it..” said Mr Park.

Chanyeol just make a face and laugh at his dad. Baekhyun just smile at their attic as he keep eating his porridge.

I can borrow this happiness for a while right?