CHAPTER 7

POOR HEART

 

Its been two weeks, and Baekhyun’s health become much better. Although he still a bit shy to express something, but it was a step, a brave step for him and it makes the Park family becomes proud. Chanyeol once express his feeling for Baekhyun, and luckily Baekhyun accept it.

But there’s still one thing that Baekhyun really need to change. It was his attitude. Not because he is the bad one, but.. he still a bit timid. So timid, and he still a bit cautious, like he don’t want to make people become mad or angry at him.

“Baekhyun, where have you been? I didn’t see you all this morning..” said Mrs Park as she spot the pregnant at the garden.

“Oh.. urmm, I.. if I tell you, will you promise me not to be mad? Please?..” said Baekhyun as he bit his lip nervously.

“No, I wont.. really..” said Mrs Park smiling at him.

“Promise?..”

“Yup, I promise..” nodded Mrs Park.

“Urmm.. okay, uhh.. I went to the supermarket..” whispered Baekhyun. His heart starts to beat wildly.

“Alone?..” ask Mrs Park.

Baekhyun slowly nodded at her.

“Why? Do you need something? You can ask Chanyeol or either me or appa to get it for you.. you no need to go there alone, it’s dangerous..” said Mrs Park calmly.

“Urmm.. I.. I.. Uhh.. I got a job, I mean I need to work, because.. I..”

“You got yourself a job? Why? Baekhyun honey, you’re pregnant.. you can’t work! At least not at this state..” state Mrs Park. What the hell did Baekhyun get a job. He is pregnant for a sake.

“Omma.. omma.. calm down.. you, you promise me.. not to be mad, please don’t get mad.. omma..” whimpered Baekhyun scared. His tears starts threaten to pour down.

“No, I’m not allowed it Baekhyun.. why you got yourself a job? I clearly told you already right? we will support you.. you’re our family now..” said Mrs Park trying to be calm as she grab Baekhyun’s hand and caress it lovingly.

“But.. but I, I want to do something for my baby.. for you, for appa, Chanyeol.. you’ve been helping me a lot, I want to repay something for all of you, please.. let me work omma.. please..” plead Baekhyun as he look at his omma.

“Baekhyun, honey..”

“I will take care of myself, for.. for this baby, I’ll take care of him.. I will do better omma, I.. I can work.. I’ll show you..”

“No, no.. I don’t want you to show me anything honey, I know very well that you can work, I know that, but did you know.. your body is still weak, this baby.. he still small inside you, he barely survive.. and with you wanting to work, I’m afraid that he.. (sigh)you know what I mean right? you understand me right?..” ask Mrs Park softly.

“Is.. is he.. gonna die?..” ask Baekhyun as he rub his small bump.

“He’s fine right now, but I’m afraid even with the slightest stress or anything happen to you, he will not see this world, you don’t want that to happen right?..”

Baekhyun shaking his head, his tears finally falling down. He didn’t know that he was that weak, and if the taking the job will endangered his unborn baby, he will declined his decision.

“Good, so you know now.. I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you about this soon, it just.. back then you were still confused, you didn’t know.. and I’m sorry, you forgive me right?..” ask Mrs Park looking deep at the pregnant man.

“I forgive you omma, and I’m sorry too.. I always trouble you, I’m sorry..” said Baekhyun as he hug his omma.

“Aww.. don’t be honey, you’ve done nothing wrong..” chuckle Mrs Park as he rub Baekhyun’s back softly.

“But omma..”

“Yes..”

“I want to do something for him, I mean.. a meaningful one..” said Baekhyun.

“Oh, about that.. how about making a baby clothes for him? I can help you.. from the past, I always make something for Chanyeol, when he was a kid of course, it can be either sewing or knitting, I often make him a sweat shirt, sometimes a beanie, scarf or even socks.. it was so wonderful, in my eyes, but I can show you, you wanna see?..” ask Mrs Park excited.

“Yeah I wanna see.. it must be wonderful, omma was a great mom!..” praise Baekhyun smiling widely to her.

“Uhuh.. you can be a good mom too, come lets go to my room, omma show you something, and we can starts today if you want..” smile Mrs Park. Its great to see him smiling back.

“Of course I want..”

“Okay, lets go.. be careful..”

_________________________________________________________________________

“Omma, this is so beautiful! How can you make this?..” ask Baekhyun as he squeaked over a cute socks that he found in a box.

“Oh, that one.. it’s not me who make it..”

“Huh? Then who?..” ask Baekhyun again.

“It was me..”

“Chanyeol son, you’re back!..”

“Hahaha.. yeah, I finish my work early.. so I rush back home, I wanna see my beautiful one..” said Chanyeol as he wink at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun look away shyly.

“Oh, I though the beautiful one is me, that’s okay.. I accepted..” chuckle Mrs Park.

“So.. what are both of you doing here?..” ask Chanyeol as he take a seat on the bed beside Baekhyun.

“Omma want to teach me how to sew or knitting, I wanna make something for him..” said Baekhyun shyly.

“Him? Who?..” ask Chanyeol doesn’t understand.

“This idiot, to your baby of course! What a fool..” said Mrs Park as she smack her son’s head with the sweater she holding.

“Mom! What are you doing? You’re embarrassing me!..” said Chanyeol as he rub the back of his head.

“You sounds so idiot, I need to knock some sense into you..” reply Mrs Park.

“But not smacking my head, you’re gonna make me a fool for real..” argue Chanyeol back.

“Really? Then let me hit it back again, lets see if you turn into a fool or a person..” said Mrs Park again getting ready to hit him back.

“Omma! I’m just kidding okay.. geez, you’re so unreasonable, I’m gonna stay with Baekhyun only, I don’t wanna see you..” said Chanyeol as he hiding behind Baekhyun sticking his tongue to his omma.

“This kid..” said Mrs Park as he want to hit his son but because Baekhyun was there, she just cant do it.

“Omma, please don’t hit him..” said Baekhyun softly.

“Look omma, Baekhyun on my side.. and ohh, the baby too.. hello there, your grandma is so unreasonable, she is mad I think, but not that mad ‘mad’ but more or nut mad.. hahahahahha!..” laugh Chanyeol as he hug Baekhyun on his bump.

“Chanyeol, don’t say like that.. it’s not good..” said Baekhyun as he tap Chanyeol’s hand lightly.

“Okay, okay.. I’m sorry, I love your grandma.. I love you baby and.. I love your mummy..” said Chanyeol as he kiss the bump lovingly. Baekhyun shyly rub Chanyeol’s head softly.

“Okay, do I need to leave? Cause I have some sixth sense that you’re gonna do ‘something’ or..” cut Mrs Park smiling looking at the scene.

“No, no omma.. we’re not doing anything.. urmm, I mean you can continue.. urmm.. teach me..” stuttered Baekhyun. His face was already red like tomato.

“You’re sure?. How about this Baekhyun.. we will continue this tomorrow morning, because I need to settle something right now, and also.. you can continue that lovey dovey session with your handsome one..” ask Mrs Park.

“I am handsome.. that’s the fact omma, you don’t need to mention it out loud..” cut Chanyeol proudly.

Mrs Park just rolling his eyes out and shaking her head.

“Oh it’s okay omma.. urmm, you can teach me now..” said Baekhyun again shyly.

“Tomorrow honey, I’ll teach you okay.. I promise..” smile Mrs Park.

“Thank you omma..” said Chanyeol suddenly, smile widely.

“Take Baekhyun to his room, and be careful..” said Mrs Park as she went out.