CHAPTER 5

POOR HEART

“Try it Baek, I wanna see..” said Chanyeol as he push the clothes to the smaller.

“Shou.. should I?..” Baekhyun ask back.

“Yeah, why not..”

“Okay..”

He then went to try the clothes. After like about 5 minutes, he went out.

“Chanyeol..” call Baekhyun.

Chanyeol turn to see the smaller. He gasped in shock looking at Baekhyun. The smaller really looks adorable in that clothes, he looks glowing. With his white skin, the clothes makes him shine more and it really suits him very much.

“Ohh.. wow!..” Chanyeol just exclaim loudly as he was speechless. He just looking at the smaller without blinking. It feels like he falls in love. Falls in love? With Baekhyun? Really? He smile thinking of his thought.

“So.. urmm, how was it?..” ask Baekhyun shyly.

“Beautiful.. really, you look adorable Baek, like.. like something glowing within you..” said Chanyeol sincerely.

“Really? It’s terrible isn’t it? I’m just gonna change it back..” said Baekhyun quickly.

“No, no.. don’t change it back, just wear this.. I’m gonna buy it..” said Chanyeol as he take out his wallet.

“Ah no! Don’t buy it! It’s too much..” reply Baekhyun.

“Too much?..”

“I mean.. it’s expensive, really.. really expensive..” stutter Baekhyun.

“Its okay, I’ll pay for it..”

“No! I don’t want it..”

“But I want to give it to you Baek, it’s gonna be my present for you..” explain Chanyeol.

“No.. I wont receive it, I’m just gonna change it back okay..” said Baekhyun final as he went back again to change his clothes.

Gyuri seeing the whole situations, feeling guilty for her son. She approach Chanyeol.

“It’s okay son, omma will buy it secretly..” whispered Gyuri smiling.

“Really? Omma.. you’re the best..”

_________________________________________________________________________

 

“Mrs Park, let me help to hold the bag..” said Baekhyun as he fast approaching Gyuri who seems hardly to walk with loaded of shopping bag in her hands.

“Its okay Baekhyun, I can still carry it.. just walk..” said Gyuri smiling.

“But.. its heavy right? Just let me hold at least half of it..” said Baekhyun again.

“You’re pregnant Baek, you cant holding this heavy things.. its dangerous..”

“But I..”

“No.. I don’t want to hear it, and why you call me like that? Don’t you remember what i told you before?..”

“I.. I’m sorry Mrs Park, we’re in public.. I should call you formally..” said Baekhyun as he bow at her.

“Why?..”

“I.. urmm..”

“You know what Baekhyun, zip it.. now lets hurry, and back at home later you need to tell me the reasons okay? Now, lets go..” said Gyuri sternly.

Baekhyun feel a pang in his heart. Did Mrs Byun angry with him. Damn, he’s in trouble. He already make Mrs Byun angry this morning and now this. He surely get a punishment at home. It really makes him anxious, and his hands starts to tremble.

He follow the woman into the parking lot where the other were waiting for them. Chanyeol open the car door for him and help him inside.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

In the car, Baekhyun keep quiet and keep fiddling with his fingers. Chanyeol notice that the smaller a bit trembling.

“Are you cold?..” ask Chanyeol concern looking at the smaller.

Baekhyun shaking his head without looking at him. He keeps his head down.

“Hungry?..” ask Chanyeol again and the smaller shaking his head.

“Are you sure?.. because we still didn’t eat a proper meal yet. Mom, are you gonna cook at home? Or we eat outside?..” ask Chanyeol to his mom that sit at the front.

“I’ll cook at home, what do you want to eat today son?..”ask Gyuri.

“I’ll just eat whatever you cook mom, I don’t mind.. Baek, what do you wanna eat? Mom can cook everything, just name it.. she can cook any kind of dishes..” said Chanyeol looking at the smaller beside him.

“Not all kind.. but I’ll try, what do you want to eat dear? I can cook for you..” ask Gyuri looking back.

“Baekhyun?..” call Chanyeol again as the smaller just shutting up.

“Anything..” whispered Baekhyun.

“What about spaghetti? It’s been a long time that you cook that..” suggest Mr Byun.

“Oh, good idea.. okay, spaghetti then..” said Gyuri excited.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

“Just get inside and change your clothes Baek, and then rest or get some nap.. I’ll be calling you when the food ready..” said Gyuri softly.

Baekhyun nodded and quickly went into his room upstairs.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

“Ottoke, ottoke.. did she really mad at me? but why did she suddenly become nice back to me? what should I do?..” thought Baekhyun as he sit at the bathroom, locking himself.

“She will surely punish me this time, I’m screwed.. should I.. should I proceed with the punishment then? I should set up my punishment so she will get some mercy on me right?..” he talk again to himself.

He then slowly get up and went to the tub, he fill the tub with cold water until it’s full and then get inside. He shivers when the cold water touch his skin. He slowly dip himself until remains just his head. He then close his eyes, to calm his racing heart.

“So cold.. urhh.. its okay as long as Mrs Park willing to forgive me, I will stay here..” said Baekhyun as he waiting for Mrs Park to come upstairs.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Gyuri went upstairs as she finishes making the dinner. She went to Baekhyun’s room.

Knock! Knock!

“Baekhyun?.. its omma, can I come in?..” ask Gyuri as she wait for any answer from inside the room. Strange, but only silent would be heard.

“Baekhyun..” call Gyuri. Seeing the door wasn’t locked, she just come inside the room.

“Baek.. ohh? Where is he? Is he in the bathroom?...” thought Gyuri.

She then knock the door of the bathroom.

“Baekhyun, you’re inside? Dinner is ready.. come down..” said Gyuri softly.

“Om.. omma?..”

“Yes, it’s me.. Baekhyun? You’re okay there? Why you sound different?..?” ask Gyuri. It feels weird. Baekhyun sound like shivering.

“Om.. omma, I’m sorry.. I.. I didn’t.. mean to make you mad.. I.. I’m really sorry..” he try to stand the urge to cry but he cant help it. He was currently sobbing.

“Baekhyun, whats wrong honey? Let me come inside first okay? Baekhyun.. open the door..” demand Gyuri worried. She keep knocking the door in hope for the smaller will open it.

“Omma.. did.. did you forgive me? I’m really sorry.. I’m sorry.. I’m just troubling you.. I’m sorry..” continue Baekhyun again. He just feel like he really burdened everyone. He keeps making trouble, maybe.. maybe the world will be better without him.

“Baekhyun?.. what are you talking about honey? You’re not.. okay? Dont ever think like that..” Gyuri keep trying to unlock the door, but still it was unlock.

“Maybe.. maybe it will better.. if I’m gone right? I’ll just make everything normal soon omma..”

“Baekhyun! Don’t do anything! Just stay right there.. omma will call Chanyeol.. or appa, okay? Just stay calm honey.. please.. I’ll be right back.. wait for me..” Gyuri become panic as she heard Baekhyun said like that. She quickly run downstairs and shout for her son and her husband. They all run upstairs hearing Gyuri said.

“Baekhyun? Baekhyun honey? Did you hear me?..” ask Mr Park.

“Appa?..”

“Yes, it’s me.. just stay calm okay? I will get to you soon.. just don’t do anything okay?..”

When no sound or voice being heard inside, Gyuri becomes more panic as she urged her son to just break the door.

With just one kick, the door was crack upon. Seeing the pregnant one was slowly become unconsciousness in the tub, Gyuri quickly approach him. The water was so cold and it makes Gyuri widened her eyes wondering just how long this boy was in there.

Chanyeol quickly help his mom to lift the boy from inside the tub. Mr Park quickly drained the water in the tub. He quickly fill in the warm water instead.

“Help me undress him..” said Gyuri.

“But I..” Chanyeol was hesitated. Not because he never seeing other carrier body before, but seeing Baekhyun’s body maked him weak, it just makes him guilty.

“Son, go wait outside.. I’ll help your omma, you just prepare the electric blanket and some fresh clothes for him..” said Mr Park as he understand his son feeling. Chanyeol nodded and he reluctantly step outside the bathroom.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

“Why did he said like that?..” ask Chanyeol frowning when he and his mom was at the kitchen discussing about Baekhyun conditions. His dad was accompanying Baekhyun in his room until he’s awake.

“I don’t know too.. I think.. maybe, it was because of me..” said Gyuri sadly.

“Why mom? Omma.. what did you do?..” ask Chanyeol.

“I.. you know my personality right? I mean.. just because I raised my voice doesn’t mean that I’m mad, I’m just concern about him.. and doesn’t everyone do the same? Its not just me right?..”

“He doesn’t know mom.. did you shout at him?..” ask Chanyeol again as he let out a deep sigh.

“Yes.. twice, this morning and at the mall.. do you think he will be okay again?..”

“I don’t know.. lets just wait for appa..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED…