CHAPTER 13

POOR HEART

 

Baekhyun slowly get up and took a glance at the clock hanging on the wall. It was 3am in the morning.

Without making a sound, he get up from the bed and reach under his bed, taking out his backpack that he wears the first time he come to the house.

He then get dress up warmly, wearing his winter jacket and a gloves. He smiles sadly thinking about leaving the house. Yes, he’s going to leaving the house, after about 6 months he leave there, it was time for him to get out from that house and living for his own.

“Am I doing a right decision leaving the comfort of this house?” ask Baekhyun to himself. “Omma doing it right, right baby?..” ask Baekhyun again as he rubbing his protruding bump lovingly. The baby kick in response with that questions.

“You’re kicking, means you’re agree with me.. good baby, but we’re leaving your appa, baby” said Baekhyun sadly. “No, he’s not even your appa in the first place, we don’t have any relation in this house at the first place baby..” nodded Baekhyun again.

Finalizing his back pack, he then take out his worn out sneaker from his closet, and slowly unlocked the door. He look around, it was still dark, means everyone was in their own room. Using the light from his old phone, he then makes his way to the back door, slowly unlocking it and went out the backyard.

“Urhh, so freezing.. why tonight was so damn cold..” he mutter as he close the gate and slowly makes his way until his out from the house front lane.

He takes a last look at the house, took a deep breath while looking at the house that contains lot of his happy memories.

“Goodbye omma, appa.. Chanyeol, I’m really glad that I have such a happy memories that I can treasure in my life, thank you for taking care of me, and I’m sorry for leaving you..” said Baekhyun as a single tears went down to his face. “Baby, say goodbye.. we’re not living here anymore, let’s not be a burden to anyone, not more after this.. we’re gonna living on our own, okay..” said Baekhyun as he wipes his tears sadly, his baby was giving him a soft kick make Baekhyun smile.

____________________________________________________________________________

“Baekhyunnie.. wakey wakey! Its morning already..” sang Chanyeol happily as he knock on Baekhyun’s door.

“Baek, open up.. or else I’m going in, are you in the shower? I guess so, then I will get in okay?..” said Chanyeol as he didn’t get the answer from inside.

 Chanyeol scan the room as he look for every corner to search for the young pregnant.

“What the, why is it seems too clean to my liking? Baek, are you in the shower?..” ask Chanyeol as he went to the bathroom to check. For his surprise the door was unlock, so he went to open it but nobody was inside, the floor wasn’t even wet, means the younger was not there this morning.

“Baek, don’t make fun of me, where are you?..” ask Chanyeol again as he went for the walk in closet, and he’s not even there also.

There, he notice that Baekhyun’s clothes wasn’t there. Even his shoes, his belonging wasn’t there also.

“No, no, no.. Baek, answer me, where are you? Baek, this is not funny, come out now..” ask Chanyeol again as he become panic as he check under the bed, the younger’s backpack wasn’t there either.

“Oh God, Baek.. please, please tell me you’re not running away.. please.. you must be at the garden right? Yeah.. or the kitchen, you must be there.. yeah, he must be there, don’t be panic..” said Chanyeol as he hurriedly went down and search the garden area.

“Baek.. please.. come out now.. Baek!..” he went to every corner of the garden, but stll the younger is not there. He went it and straight to the kitchen, only to find his mom was cooking there.

“Omma, please tell me that Baekhyun was here.. please..” said Chanyeol desperately as he clutching to his omma’s hand.

“This kid, what are you doing.. I’m cooking right now..” said Mrs Park as she let go of his son’s hand.

“Omma! Answer me, where is Baekhyun? Where is he?..” ask Chanyeol again and this time his fears were rising as the tears was gather at his corner of his eyes.

“This kid, why are you shouting at me?..” said Mrs Park as she turns back to look at his son. She was shocked to see how shriveled Chanyeol’s look and his eyes were red. “Omo Yeol, what happen? If you ask for Baekhyun, he’s not here.. I didn’t see him since I wake up, why? What happen? Chanyeol!” said Mrs Park shocked when her son was plopped on his knee, crying.

“He.. he’s leaving omma, he leaves us.. he leaves me..” sobbed Chanyeol clutched his omma’s hand.

“What are you saying? He maybe still asleep in his room, or maybe he’s in the garden, have you check-..”

“..I checked already omma, his clothes weren’t here, his belonging is not here either, his bagpack also, he leaves us omma.. how can I live now omma, I learns my mistakes now, please don’t make him leave omma.. please..” weeps Chanyeol sadly.

“Chanyeol.. omma, I.. is it true? Come up now son, don’t kneel on the floor..”

____________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was reaching another town after he went on about 3 hours journey on the bus. His waist was starting to get hurt as the effect of sitting down too long in the bus.

He grimace in pain as he try to stretch his waist and his back and took a rest at the nearby bench.

After a minute, he then took out his phone and searching for the number before call it. It tooks about 30 minutes, before someone in a truck was pull over in front of him.

“Byun Baekhyun?..”

“Yes, it’s me.. urm you’re Mr Wu?..” ask Baekhyun as he scan the man. He indeed was a handsome man, with a height like him.

“Uhh, no actually, Mr Wu is my husband, I’m Kim Junmyeon..or you can call me Suho, my husband a bit busy at the moment and ask me to pick you up, he didn’t tell me that you’re expecting, omo, how far along are you now?..” ask Suho as he help the younger to pick up his bagpack.

“I’m sorry if I didn’t told you in advance, I’m reaching 7 month next weeks..” said Baekhyun as he takes his other bag with him to load in the truck.

“I’m sorry I’m bringing the truck with me, if I knew that you’re pregnant, I bring my other car, it’s uncomfortable right?..” said Suho apologetic as he notice the pregnant was having hard time to get in the truck as the truck was a bit higher.

“It’s okay, I’ve no problem with it..” said Baekhyun as he hold onto the handle securely as Suho starts to drive away.

“So, what brings you here?..” ask Suho.

“Huh?.. I, urmm..”

“Nevermind that, I ask you the personal things, so unappropriate of me.. so anyways, have you plan what are you gonna do here?..” ask Suho.

“Urmm, I plan to get a job before this baby popped up, I think a job like dish washer or cleaner suits me at the moment, or waiter, or cashier.. anything that they want me to do, as long as I get paid.. urmm, if you.. if you know any place that needs a worker let me know okay? I will work my best..” said Baekhyun.

“Urmm.. if like that, what about you work with me? I need some worker needed at my restaurant, how about that?” ask Suho.

“Really? Then can I start today, the faster the better right?..” ask Baekhyun happily.

“Aigoo, take it easy Baek, can I call you that?” ask Suho. “Yes, it doesn’t matter what you want to call me, so when can I start to work?..” ask Baekhyun again.

“Let’s get you to rest first, tomorrow morning at 8pm, I will wait for you downstairs, and ohh, you didn’t see the house yet right? Did my husband show you the picture of the house?..” ask Suho.

“No, he didn’t send the picture..”

“It’s okay, you’ll see when we get there..” said Suho.

____________________________________________________________________________

The house that Suho shows to him was indeed nice for him to live, it was actually like a studio, as soon as you step in the house, you can see the bed, the dining table that fit for only 2 person sitting down to eat, mini fridge, an induce cooker also the bathroom.

“Wah! It’s nice.. thank you hyung, I appreciate it..” said Baekhyun smiling happily. “And how about the payment hyung, the last time your husband said that I can pay half first, and urmm.. wait a minute, I’ll take it out..” said Baekhyun as he rummaging through his bag, and take out an envelope.

Suho take a look at the younger, indeed he can tell that the younger was short on money.

“This is for tomorrow meals, and can I just pay with this amount? No, no.. it’s not even enough, but if I take this what should I eat tonight? Ohh, I have instant ramen, I can eat that tonight, so this will be enough for the rent, okay..” he didn’t realized that he was muttering the words for himself to hear, but Suho can clearly heard it as well.

“Okay, urmm hyung, the money..” said Baekhyun as he give the envelope to Suho.

“Thanks, and what are you gonna eat tonight? Do you have money to buy food?..” ask Suho eyeing the younger.

“I.. I urmm, I have some money left, also I have food in my bag, I bring it with me..” said Baekhyun.

“Really? Show me what food you have?..” ask Suho again.

“Urmm.. just some ramyun and biscuits, I have plenty of it so it enough for me..” said Baekhyun as he take out the ramyun and the biscuits from his bagpack.

“Just that? You’re pregnant Baek, you can’t just eat instant food, it’s not healthy..” said Suho as he inspect the ramyun that Baekhyun bought.

“It’s okay, it’s enough for me..” said Baekhyun again smiling.

“Okay, if you’re eating that for lunch, what about dinner?..” ask Suho.

“Urmm, I just eat the biscuits and the ramyun will be for dinner..” answer Baekhyun almost whispered. Why is this Suho hyung was so eager to know what he eat anyways. “I mean, I’m not hungry right now, so the biscuits will be the perfect choice, and I didn’t bring much ramyun with me, so I will save it for dinner later..” said Baekhyun again.

“You know what, I got this money with me, let’s go buy some food..” said Suho showing the money to him.

“No, no.. it’s okay, I’m fine anyway, beside it’s your money, you cannot spend it to buy food for me, it’s okay, really..” said Baekhyun politely refusing.

“You’re right, and because it is my money, I can do whatever I want right? Come, let’s go.. also, don’t you have any better shoes than that, it’s so worn out, your feet will get cold in no time..” said Suho as he look at the worn out sneakers that Baekhyun wear.

“Urmm, it’s the only shoes I have.. but I wear this thick layer of socks, my feet wont get cold..” answer Baekhyun.

“If like that, lets buy your shoes as well.. and I don’t take no as an answer, your job is just following me, okay?..” said Suho as he smile sweetly at the pregnant.