CHAPTER 1

POOR HEART

 

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

 

 

“Wait! Wait a minute! Are you closing now?..” ask Baekhyun as he huff for a breathe.

“Yes we are..” said the owner.

“I need to buy something, can you hold on for a while? Just a while.. 2 minute, just 2 minute, please.. I want to buy some bread only.. please..” plead Baekhyun holding his hands together.

“I’m sorry but we’re already closed the store by now, you may come tomorrow morning I guess..” said the owner softly as he close the door.

“Oooh.. okay..”

“Good night.. also, the café next to ours is 24 hours open, you can go there and buy something..” said the owner as he lock the door and walked away.

Baekhun glance at the café next to the department store. How can he eat there, he hadn’t enough money. He sighs sadly as he rubbing his tummy gently.

“I’m sorry.. I’ve got no food to feed you, let’s try again tomorrow..” said Baekhyun as he went away from there.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

“Urhh.. I’m really hungry, what should I do?..” sighs Baekhyun as he went to sit at the bus stop. He looks at his watch, it was almost 12.30 am. Then, he suddenly remember that he had a pack of biscuits that he got from the biscuits promoter at the store he went.

He quickly opens his backpacks, rummaging it and smile contently as he found a packet of biscuits.

“Found it.. glad that I found it, we have food baby!..” exclaim Baekhyun happily as he rub his tummy again softly. He quickly opens the sheets and begins to eat it.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

“I’m sorry, are you pregnant?..”

Baekhyun startled as he looks at his back, there stand a man. No, a good looking man that was looking at him. That man was really tall, he was slightly lean over the bus standee behind him. His hair was slick back and he was wearing a casual white shirt with a bomber jacket, black jeans also a backpack.

Baekhyun quickly stand up, take his backpack and move farther from the man. His pack of biscuits falls onto the floor with the fast impact.

The man looks at him and slowly approaching him.

“S-s-sta.. stand back!..” stuttered Baekhyun as he hug his bagpack tightly as much as his heart pounding fast against his ribcage.

“Hey.. I’m not gonna hurt you.. I’m just..”

“Sta.. stand back.. don’t come near me..” said Baekhyun again. He can feel that he’s going to start to hyperventilate. His face suddenly becomes pale and he was sweating profusely. It becomes harder to breathe too.

“You’re okay?.. you’re hyperventilate, let me help you..” ask the man again as he want to approach the latter.

“No! no!.. don’t.. stand back.. I..”

Suddenly Baekhyun hold to his bag become loose as his bag pack fall on the floor. He was finally kneeled down to the floor, clutching his stomach while he’s trying to breathe heavily.

“Oh God..”

That was the last time Baekhyun remember then his world was shut down.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

He open his eyes slowly, adjusting the bright light coming from the large window beside him.

“Urhh.. where am I?..” he then slowly brace himself to sit up. Suddenly the door opens revealing the mid-age woman carrying a tray of food smiling softly.

“Oh, you’re awake.. have a nice sleep dear?..” ask the woman nicely as she put the tray next to the table beside him.

Baekhyun look down in feared and his breath start to become heavy again. Who is this woman? Where am I? I need to get out from here quickly. Is she the same as Mrs Kim? I’m scared.

“Don’t be scared honey.. I’m not going to hurt you, but first.. you need to breath slowly, come on honey.. believe me, you need to breathe slowly, follow me.. huu, huuu.. huuu.. slowly.. slowly, there.. there, you good.. it’s okay, it’s okay..” said the woman softly as she gently patted Baekhyun’s back, calming him.

The woman seems nice, so Baekhyun let her patted his back. It feels gentle, and slowly he become to calm in this woman presence.

“Seems like you already calm down, let me introduce myself okay? My name is Park Gyuri, I’m a doctor, in case you wondering why you’re here, my son was the one who take you here last night when you fainted, it’s okay.. I’m assured you he’s not doing anything to you.. he said that you were hyperventilate and he was panic when you were fainted last night, that’s why he’s bringing you to me..” explain Gyuri as she smile looking at the boy. This boy was really pretty in her eyes.

“My.. my baby..” said Baekhyun suddenly as he look at the woman.

“Oh dear, the baby is fine.. he is growing healthily inside you..” said the woman cheerful as she take a seat beside boy.

“He? A boy?..” ask Baekhyun again.

“Oh, I’m sorry honey.. it was slip out, I didn’t mean to reveal it, I’m really sorry..” said Gyuri apologetic.

“It.. it’s fine.. thank you..” said Baekhyun as he crack a small smile to the woman.

“Can I ask your name honey? It’s okay if you didn’t want to tell me..”

“Baekhyun.. Byun Baekhyun..” cut Baekhyun shyly.

“Baekhyun.. your name was really cute honey, okay, and now here.. your breakfast, eat it okay? And.. do you want me to accompany you?..or you want me to leave?” ask Gyuri.

“Urmm.. can you accompany me? I.. I feel safe with you..” said Baekhyun softly.

“Yeah, of course honey.. I’ll stay okay?..” said Gyuri as she sit back watching the boy pull the tray close to him. She notices that the boy’s hand was trembling badly as he scoops the tiny amount of porridge into his mouth carefully.

“Let me feed you okay? You seem really weak, did you eat properly all this time? Last night when I check on you, you had malnutrition, dehydration and your blood pressure was very low.. it was very lucky that the baby survive.. you’re pregnant, you need to take care of yourself more you know honey?.. ahh, and now I was nagging at you..” sigh Gyuri but she smile at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just smile brightly at her. It’s been a while that someone nagging at him, and he miss that.

“You’re finally smiling.. it’s nice to see you smile dear, you look really cute..” comment Gyuri again as she feed the latter..

“Thank you Dr. Park..” said Baekhyun smile again.

“Ah.. just call me Gyuri honey, don’t be so formal..” said Gyuri smiling.

Baekhyun just smile at her. Then suddenly the door open revealing the same man from last night.

“There you are son.. where have you been?..” asked Gyuri as she look at the man who standing at the door.

“Ah omma.. I was meeting with my friend for a while, urmm.. hi.. how you’re doing?..” ask the man as he approach the latter.

Baekhyun look at him warily and then he look down, clutching down his blanket.

“Baekhyun, this is my son, Chanyeol, he’s the one who send you here.. and son, his name is Baekhyun, be gentle please..” said Gyuri as he glaring at his son who smile at him.

“I know omma.. hi, my name is Chanyeol, nice to meet you..” said Chanyeol softly as he pull his hand out to shake with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol’s hand who’s waiting to shake with him. He then slowly pull out his hands and grab Chanyeol’s hand softly.

“Hi..” said Baekhyun smile at the man.

Looking at the awkward sight, Gyuri decide to leave the room.

“I’ll be out for a while, you two just chat okay? Baekhyun dear, call me if he do something to you okay? And you son, behave.. I’ll be back okay..” said Gyuri as he put the lunch tray to Baekhyun’s lap and walk out.

“So.. urmm.. how old are you?..” ask Chanyeol suddenly.

“De?..” ask Baekhyun surprised.

“Just want to know.. I’m 28 this year, already old.. yeah, I know..” said Chanyeol pretend to be sulky as he try to liven up the mood.

“It’s not that old..” comment Baekhyun smiling.

“Yeah, yeah.. so you?..”

“I’m turn 20 this year..” answer Baekhyun.

“Really? And you’re.. pregnant?..” ask Chanyeol carefully.

Baekhyun nodded at him, suddenly become ashamed of his conditions.

“Oh.. okay, so.. anything you want to ask? Ask me anything..” said Chanyeol smiling brightly.

Baekhyun hesitated for a while as he keeps fiddling with the bed sheet.

“It’s okay.. just ask me, don’t be shy..” said Chanyeol again.

“Urmm.. Is this your house?..” ask Baekhyun looking at the tall man.

“Ohh.. that’s very unexpected questions, and the answer is no.. this is my parents house, I actually barely come if I hadn’t any occasions.. just last night was an emergency, so I bought you here because my parents was a doctor..” explain Chanyeol.

“And you’re not?..”

“No, I’m not.. I’m just a.. more like an art person, I own a gallery at Myeongdong..” said Chanyeol again.

“I see..” answer Baekhyun nodded.

“That’s it?..”

“Huh?..”

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED…