chapter iii

everything you think of will become all of me

 

Jeonghan sighs. He’s hanging up his clean clothes but his wrist is killing him. He’s pretty sure you can’t get a sore wrist from doing laundry so he steels himself to put the rest of his clothes away before he’s off looking for Jisoo. It’s not that hard narrowing down where he is when there are only a few available spots they can all spread around to on their day off. He rubs his fingers together and feel they’re a bit chafe. Jeonghan frowns at his hand, Joshua has been playing for a while then.

 

He sidesteps Soonyoung and Chan aggressively playing video games with Seokmin hollering at the both of them on the side. Jeonghan steps into the hall and stretches his wrist as he walks, twisting and flexing his hand as he walks to the practice room he just feels that Joshua is in. He gently opens the door to the correct practice room and peeks inside.

 

Joshua sits on one of the lounge chaise and couch hybrids placed away in one of the corners, acoustic guitar in his lap and a furrow in between his brow; Jeonghan feels the urge to to kiss it away.

 

There’s nothing in the room that would stop him, so Jeonghan steps inside, closes the door behind him, and walks up to Joshua to do just that. He pokes Jisoo’s forehead to get him to look up before he bends down to place a soft kiss between his eyebrows.

 

Joshua smiles softly up at him from where he’s sitting, but goes back to frowning at his notes when he looks back down at the small writing desk on the side. Jeonghan moves to sit next to him and curses himself and his lack of english fluency as all of Joshua’s notes look to be all in english with the exception of a few korean lyrics scribbled in the margins of a few pages.

 

Jeonghan tilts his head as he settles down next to Jisoo. “What are you working on?”

 

Joshua sighs as he puts his guitar to the side, rubbing at his eyes. “Just a little something, I just can’t seem to get it exactly how I want it, though.”

 

“Yeah, I can tell. Your wrist and even your fingers have been yelling at you to take it easy for a while now,” Jeonghan says, eyebrows raised and expression amused, massaging his wrist.

 

Joshua’s eyes follow the movement and he flushes. “Oh my goodness, Hannie! I’m sorry!”

 

He reaches out to take Jeonghan’s hand and starts to massage down from Jeonghan’s knuckles to his wrist and back. He brings Jeonghan’s hand up to kiss the tips of his fingers; Jeonghan would melt if he could. Joshua had been playing for a long time and he completely forgot that someone else could feel the strain too. Joshua keeps his head down and mutters in english under his breath and so misses the fond look Jeonghan throws at him when he laces their fingers together when he’s done.

 

Jeonghan leans back a little to take Joshua in. His hair is splayed out all over his forehead and he’s wearing an old faded shirt and sweats. Jeonghan thinks he still looks handsome. Jeonghan’s eyes trace over Joshua’s features, his eyes following the sharp lines of his profile. They linger on Joshua’s ear and over his piercings; Jeonghan remembers feeling the prick of those long ago. He must have been no more than fifteen at the time when his ear suddenly started hurting when he was trying to go to sleep. He thought his soulmate was getting their ears pierced and Jeonghan was confused for a long time on why they never pierced their other ear.

 

Jeonghan smiles softly as he reaches out his free hand to move Jisoo’s hair behind his ear and lightly trace his thumb over Jisoo’s piercings. Joshua blushes but doesn’t move away and even leans into Jeonghan’s hand a little.

 

“Take care of yourself better, Shua.”

 

“I’m trying,” Jisoo playfully whines at him. Jeonghan rolls his eyes.

 

“No, you don’t understand, I’m being selfish. I don’t want to feel any discomfort so that means you can’t be in pain. You taking care of yourself is purely for my benefit,” Jeonghan says, pretending to flip hair over his shoulder. His face slackens at the thought of his long hair for a second but Joshua catches it. His eyes crinkle at the corner when he gently smiles, it’s one of the things Jeonghan will never get tired of seeing.

 

“You look good with any hairstyle, Hannie.”

 

“I know,” Jeonghan sighs dramatically before he turns serious. “But it doesn’t stop me from missing my long hair.”

 

Jisoo unlaces their fingers and gently moves Jeonghan’s hand down. He then takes both of his hands up to cup Jeonghan’s cheeks, moving forward and guiding Jeonghan forward so when they meet in the middle their foreheads knock together.

 

“I miss it too,” Joshua says. His face is so close that Jeonghan can feel his breaths caress his face. Joshua tilts his head up and moves forward to place a kiss on Jeonghan’s nose. “Thank you for coming here. I think I would gone on strumming aimlessly if you didn’t stop me.”

 

Jeonghan means to smirk but ends up softly smiling at Joshua instead, eyes shining. “I told you, Joshuji, me coming here was purely selfish.”

 


(A/N) thank you guys so much for reading! also i do really miss jeonghan's long hair when is it coming back ughhhh