"Tit for Tat"

ALTERED

I'm not ready...

◆・.。*†*。.・◆・.。*†*。.・◆・.。*†*。.・◆・.。*†*。.・◆

 

"We are very sorry for the inconvenience. This is a fault on our side-"

Officer Park Jung Ho didn't even let the head of the hospital's security finish apologizing and turned to leave the monitoring room. He is rattled, after watching the cctv footage a few hours ago. It's 2 in the morning and he's up in his post at the station, when the hospital has contacted him, saying that his son has gone. Jinyoung is gone. Based from the footage, recorded three hours ago, he saw how his son crept past the empty hallways, and outside the building... with Mark. 

He doesn't want to get mad at Mark just yet. The boy has been a good friend to his son, just what Jinyoung needed during those dark times. And Mark was kind enough to watch over Jinyoung while he is guarding his post back at the station. But the officer isn't pleased also. 

Just this afternoon, he talked to Jinyoung about his plan to move back to L.A. He expected for his son to argue with him about it, or at least say something, anything... but he heard nothing from his son. Is it wrong that he took it positively,thinking finally Jinyoung has agreed with him on something? Maybe Jinyoung didn't like the idea... maybe he didn't want to go back, and leave his friends again. Maybe that's why he might have asked Mark to help him escape.

 

Shaking his head, he realized, he doesn't need to do more thinking, instead, he should move and find his son. There's a storm, and god knows where his son might be? With his hand on his waist, the officer opted to call some of his men back at the station, telling them to do some rounds around the area. But while he was doing so, he overheard some of the nurses talking about his son. He couldn't have been wrong, because he heard Jinyoung's name being mentioned.

"He's too young to have experienced all that. I can't imagine how he suffered after that tragic incident." One of the nurses said.

"I pity his dad. Despite of being the head of the police officers here in Yangcheon, he still failed to save his only son."

The officer could only clench his fists as he looked at the nurses who have their backs against him. They weren't aware that the subject of their conversation is just behind them.

"I can still recall how all the suspects were brought here, already dead, even brutally murdered-"

The sound of him clearing his throat ought to stop the nurses from gossiping. The officer kept a blank face as he stared at their wide ones, surprised that they were caught. With a serious tone, the officer reminded them, "Isn't that incident long burried already? And it's against your etiquette to gossip about such confidential matters."

The nurses bowed several times and apologized as they walk backwards, to leave his sight. 

Just then, he received a call from one of his team. "We found a crashed car here sir which matches your description, and it has been identified to be owned by a certain Mark Tuan."

How the officer's heart almost stopped hearing it. Various scenes playing out in his head. "I need your location."

"Mokdong-ro, near the university, sir." 

 

The officer wasted no time and drove fast to where his men were. He hurriedly went to look at the car which crashed on a tree. They also saw barb wires across the road. By the looks of it, the officer could already make sure that this is a sabotage. It's not an accident. It's planned. When he saw that the car was empty, he isn't sure if he should feel relieved or not.

Yes, there's a possibility that his son is still alive, since they didn't recover any dead bodies in the car. It's possible that him and Mark made it out of the car before it blazed in fire.

But when he saw how the lighting struck, just above the university's sign board, the memory of what happened five years ago, haunted him. Signalling for his men to follow him, he led their way towards the university's entrance. Seeing that the gate was open, something didn't settle on the officer's chest. . . . . all the more when they saw the lifeless bodies of the two school guards.

With his shaking hand, he clicked on his transceiver. "Requesting for back up. There's been a murder in Yangcheon University."

How he hopes he's not too late.

He needs to save his son.

 

**********

 

Mark has been walking for about half an hour now, but he still doesn't know where is the way out. With his hands clenched into fists, his mind went back to what happened in that room...

How he spent minutes, staring at Yugyeom's lifeless eyes. His blood pooling around him, and wetting his shirt as well. Mark thought he would've gone crazy right there and then, after witnessing his friend's death right before his eyes.

He still has no idea who the er was. But he surely wants to rip him into pieces once he finds him. 

 

Mark also realized, if Yugyeom was here, then maybe Bambam is here too. As well as Jaebum. Maybe even Youngjae? After all, isn't it Youngjae who asked him and Jinyoung to meet here? Why did Youngjae asked them to go here?

Mark tried to clear his thoughts. It doens't matter why they were brought here. What's important is that they get out of here, alive. He failed to save Yugyeom, but he'll try to save the others. After that, he'll deal with the sick er himself.

 

Mark was about to go past the sliding doors, when he heard a cry coming from the room at the far end of the hallway.It sounds like someone is crying and shouting. Walking nearer to it, he recognized that it's from Jackson. Running to his direction, Mark opened the room's door and saw Jackson on his knees, crying beneath ... beneath Youngjae's body... which is hanged.

Mark felt his knees weakening, at the sight of the younger, with his mouth slightly open, and his blood shot eyes. Youngjae... he's already gone. He could see that. And , cause he could imagine how his poor friend struggled for his life. 

"No... no! No!!! Youngjae, no!!!" The sound of Jackson's cry breaks his heart even more. 

Moving his feet, he went to get Youngjae off from where he's been hanged. He cradled the younger's head, removing the tight rope around his neck, which has black and purple marks. Youngjae didn't deserve this. His friends don't deserve this! They don't deserve this! Why is this even happening to the,?

Mark held on Youngjae's cold hands and gripped on it tightly as he also cried. 

 

"This shouldn't have happened." Jackson said through his cries, his voice breaking. "I told him to run... to run and never look back."

Mark's shaking hand reached to Youngjae's pale face, and closed his eyes. He couldn't take the fear that he sees in them. It's too much. 

"But he didn't listen." 

There was something in Jackson's voice which changed. It's not sad and broken anymore, not laced with pain but. . . . of a different emotion. Slowly, Mark turned his head and saw how Jackson's eyes changed, still with tears, but the coldness in it made him shiver.

 

"He should've never stopped running."

 

Mark froze, especially after seeing how Jackson grinned. "Surprised?"

This Jackson, in front of him is different from the Jackson he has met years ago. The Jackson who brought him closer to Jinyoung, and served as glue in their group, keeping everyone together. Who is this sick monster in front of him?

"W-why?" Mark could only ask after finally managing to open his mouth.

But Jackson shrugged. "I'm not the one who needs to explain." Then he's pointing a gun at him. "Move your . We don't want to keep him waiting."

 

Mark didn't feel the need to restrain or to fight back. This night has been a nightmare for him. First, he lost his friends... and he discovered the real monster Jackson is, and... Jinyoung... he already lost Jinyoung. 

Jackson successfully dragged him towards the room at the opposite side of the hall. They were about to enter when Mark heard a scream. It's a scream of pain. Somehow, he felt the tiniest bit of relief, because it meant he's not alone, someone is still alive with him, but... a larger part of him already gave up. He's just waiting for Jackson to shoot him.

The scream intensified, and how Mark winced as he heard how painful it sounds. When Jackson pushed him inside, he saw Jaebum, lying on the floor, getting beaten by a bat. With every hit, Jaebum spewed blood. 

A man, dressed in a black robe is standing in front of Jaebum, so he's facing his back. "YAH!" Jackson called on the guy.

"What the took you so long?"

And when the guy turned, Mark really felt his heart drop. He was met by those same eyes... but they were cold, and... lifeless.

 

"J-Jinyoung?"

 

But Jinyoung just stared at him and cocked his head to one side. The younger's hand touched the side of his own shoulder, wincing. "Damn, Mark. That ing hurts, mind you." Jinyoung said, showing his stab wound. The one Mark has caused.

Now, Mark is finally seeing things clearly. All along, all along, it was Jinyoung. It was Jinyoung who did all these. Who brought him here, and all the others. Mark's mind was filled with those pictures of dead bodies... back in the university, when Jinyoung said it was a premonition...  was it not real. And now... how his friends suffered and died right in the arms of.... this man... this broken man in front of him.

 

"Were you the one who did all these? All those killings?" He asked Jinyoung but Jackson who was standing behind him immediately interfered.

"Hey Park Gae, don't you dare take all the credit!"

He watched as Jinyoung rolled his eyes before speaking. "Alright. Alright, I have to give it to you. The gun you had set up right at the front doors... and even how you got rid of Youngjae. Those were creative." Jinyoung even smirked. "Okay. After cleaning this all up, I might treat you to some grilled meat."

"YES!" Jackson shouted while punching the air.

 

"T-this is not real." Only then did he hear Jaebum speak.

"Oh just shut the up, Jaebum." Jinyoung silenced him, giving another hit on his legs.

 

With sad eyes, Mark asked the question he long wanted to be answered. "W-why?" Jinyoung slowly turned to him, staring intently. "Why do you have to do this? How could you do this to them? To your own friends?"

He saw, Mark did saw how Jinyoung tried to feign indifference when he mentioned friends. But those eyes, they're giving the real Jinyoung away.

"They are not my friends." It sounded like a dry fact. "They weren't there when I needed them. That night... that ing night shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have been there, alone and helpless, without my so called friends. They are useless. It's about time I get rid of all of them."

 

But as Jinyoung speaks, Mark could only think of one thing. This Jinyoung is the same Jinyoung whom he loves... the Jinyoung who loves him. Primarily why he killed Yugyeom when the younger was about to kill him. He still has a chance. Jinyoung still has a chance...

 

"It felt so ing nice to hear them begging for their poor lives. It felt ing nice that now, it is I who has the power to make them suffer and not the other way around! They deserved it!" Jinyoung shouted, pointing at everything around him. "They all deserved it!" 

What Mark is about to do might be stupid. He may be stupid, for thinking, still, that Jinyoung has a chance. For still loving Jinyoung blindly despite everything he has discovered, despite everything that Jinyoung has done.

But as ty as it is, Mark understands him. Jinyoung is a broken soul. What happened to him five years ago scarred him deeply. It's wrong, killing someone is not forgiveable and against the rule of God. But.... Mark still understands Jinyoung. And he wants him to know that. He needs him to know that.

 

Slwly and with small and careful steps, Mark reached for him. And when he reached his hand, he held it gently. "But Jinyoung... I love you." How he wanted to say it. If only the timing was right... if only things weren't as ed as they were. "I love you..." He repeated. "And you know that I'm always here for you."

Mark caressed his face, as he saw those dark brown eyes being filled with tears. Mark felt happy seeing those glistening eyes. There's hope. There's still hope.

But Jinyoung only shook his head, and the next thing Mark felt was a sharp pain near the side of his stomach. He stared down, only to see Jinyoung's hand, holding the knife which he used to stab him. The pain was even more worse than how he expected it to be.

 

"You're better off dead."

Then he felt as Jinyoung pushed him to Jackson who caught him. He was about to turn away when Jackson called out to him again after pushing Mark next to where Jaebum was lying.

"What would I do with them?"

With a stern voice, Jinyoung answered still with his back turned. "Finish these s."

 

Mark felt his heart breaking as he watched Jinyoung walking away.

But he didn't know...

None of them knows...

 

How Jinyoung bit his lips hard, just to stop himself from sobbing, as his tears streamed freely on his face.

 

◆・.。*†*。.・◆・.。*†*。.・◆・.。*†*。.・◆・.。*†*。.・◆

 

Annyeong!

 

Told you guys, I was not ready. HAHAHA. As I said in twitter, this is the most nerve racking chapter yet. WOW. And it's the most painful one, like... it destroyed almost all the ships... JJP, JackJae, JackBam, JackBum, PepiGyeom, and lastly... MARKJIN!!!! Nooooo!!! should i remove the #markjin tag in this story then?

How could I do all this? *in mark's voice* Did I have a tragic past also? LOL, I did not.

 

Anyway, were you guys surprised? I saw in the comments that you really fell for the last chapter and thought Jaebum-ah was the killer! Poor Jaebeomie. T_T 

All of those were intended. Now, the cat is out of the bag, lemme explain. In the start of this fic, I anticipated that y'all going to suspect Jinyoung, with his tragic past and all (tho you still don't know the WHOLE of it *winks*) i kinda expected that so, I figured, I have to have another suspect... someone you'll never doubt at the very least. And here we have Jackson.

You're probably thinking, you thought MarkJin were the biggest foxes in Got7, well, in this alternate universe, it's Wang Gae Park Gae. god i hate myself

 

I await your comments. Let me know how pissed you are or whatsoever. We still have one left chapter. :)

 

 

P.S. This is all because I was so stressed out, about the repackaged album. my broke is crying rn. Like, fcccccck.

 

<3 nicapark