"Raising Suspicions"

ALTERED

 

[Jinyoung]

 

"A student is found dead in the music room. She's stabbed to death and all her fingers were cut out."

 

It's already an hour after the gruesome incident which Bambam once again has reported, but my head still feels like spinning, refusing to believe and digest what had just happened.

 

That girl... I don't know her. Maybe, I have seen her in the campus once or twice, but I am not related to her in any way. Not that I can remember. "It's a beautiful melody, isn't it?" . . . . . . Why did I dream of her?

It was only a dream, wasn't it?

Because if it wasn't. . . . then how-- 

 

"Jinyoung?" 

 

I felt a soft tap on my hand, which is then followed by a gentle squeeze. Looking at my right, I saw how his brown eyes were filled with concern. He's always like this. He's always been like this. Even when we were still in L.A., Mark has always been best in worrying himself about me. Now, I don't know if that is a good thing, because I don't ever want to burden anyone by thinking of me too much. If I am okay, or not... should anyone care about that?

I don't think so.

 

Mark glanced shortly at Bambam and Yugyeom who are still relaying some information about the incident to our friends, before leaning towards me. "You're zoning out." He needed to point that out? "Are you sure you're okay now? We could head home first. I could tell the guys."

Shaking my head, I smiled at him in the attempt to reassure him. "No, I am fine. Just a bit shaken from the news." I mean, who wouldn't?

 

It's roughly been three days since the start of classes and there's two reported deaths already? And it all happened inside the campus. No wonder almost the entire police department of Yangcheon is at our university now. I even saw dad a while ago, he just told me to head home after gathering with my friends. Due to all these incidents, I bet dad will enforce some new rules inside and outside the house. I just hope this won't drive him to decide on going back to L.A.

What is happening, right now?

 

With one last squeeze on my right hand, Mark let go and focused back on the youngest ones. 

 

"Did you see it? I mean her? I mean, the dead girl, I mean... , what the hell is happening in Yangcheon?"

Jackson sighed exasperatedly as he sat back on his chair. He might be that shaken of the news, that's why he immediately finished his coffee and is now fighting with Youngjae, trying to steal the younger's. 

"Quit it, hyung. Go buy your own!"

Sulking on his seat, Jackson just stucked his tongue out and stared at me. I could only shrug at him.

 

"To answer your question, well no, I didn't. I purposely didn't look. I've learned my lesson from that sewing room incident, like.... eew! I cannot bear to see another one, I'll seriously have nightmares."

Bambam kept on acting like he's grossed out by just imagining how the crime scene might have looked like.

 

I know how it looks like. In my dream, I saw. I saw how the girl was drenched in her own blood. I saw how her eyes pleaded, asking for help. I saw how she feared for her life. . .

"Hey?" Mark is again looking at me worriedly. Only then did I realize I was gripping on his hand tightly. God, Jinyoung. Pull yourself together! His concerned eyes didn't waver. "I think we need to go." Turning to our friends, Mark spoke. "Guys, Jinyoung here needs to rest. He doesn't feel well since this afternoon. We're sorry but we need to go ahead."

"Aww, hyung." Yugyeom called to me. "You should take better care of yourself, okay. Mark hyung won't always be by your side."

But Mark answered before I could even speak. "No Yugyeom. Trust me, I will." And his smile radiates his gentle face. "Let's go, Jinyoung-ah?"

Standing up, I gave each of our friends a small smile. And that also includes Jaebum. Although he isn't doing anything but staring blank at me, I still opted to at least smile at him. It's enough that he hates me. I cannot hate him back.

 

**********

 

"I want all units to have their guards up 24/7 on their posts, alright?"

 

Dad and I are eating dinner when he said he needs to make a call to his men. 

 

My dad, Officer Park Jung Ho is the senior police officer of the Yangcheon Police Department. So right now, after everything that has happened, he is one of the busiest officer. They're preparing for maximum security among the students of Yangcheon University. 

 

"How is school?" I find his question odd. Since he is well aware of how our school is. 

"Aside from two killings which happened inside the university, well, nothing much dad." 

Dad poured water on my glass and he drinked his before talking. "Me an my men are doing our best to get to the root of this murders. We'll make sure that no one will become the next target of whoever is doing these sick crimes." 

I didn't say anything. So dad continued. "However, I am expecting that you'll also not do anything that will put you in danger, Jinyoung." His eyes are staring intently at me, making me feel how worried he is for me.

 

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you, son. I can't lose you, alright?" 

Mustering a smile that aims to somehow reassure him, I answered. "I won't, dad. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

A part of me wants to laugh at how pathetic I sound. You'll be fine? How are you sure of that, Jinyoung? Do you still know what fine is? 

 

For the rest of the night, I just mocked myself.

 

**********

 

Where am I?

 

It's getting dark and it seems like I am walking near the soccer field. 

And someone is following me.

 

Walk faster, Jinyoung. You can't let him get you.

 

No...

 

 

My head hurts. Opening my eyes, it's like my surrounding is spinning. Where am I now? 

Why am I alone again?

Anyone? 

Help?

 

Just then I heard sounds. . . . and it's coming from the one of the locker rooms. Now, looking around, I can see that I am in the corridors. It's dark. Only the light coming from the locker rooms is what I can see.

There's the sound of someone opening his locker. 

Maybe my curiousity got the best of me but now I find myself walking towards it.

 

But as I did, I heard a sharp sound of metal being dragged across the hard ground. What is it? Where is it coming from? As I walk again, the sound gets nearer and sharper. It makes me twist in pain which I could feel in my ears.

 

When I reached the locker room, I saw a guy in his soccer uniform. His expression changed when he looked at someone behind me. Only there is no one. Who is he looking at?

"No..." he said. 

I could see it in his eyes. The same kind of fear I saw in that girl's eyes...  "Please, help me..." his eyes are begging for me but I could only stand still.

Is this a dream again? Why do these dreams keep on recurring? What do I need to do? Do I need to help them? Should I?

 

"Don't!" 

 

His scream is the last thing I heard before everything out. 

He is now gone. I cannot see anything......but I can smell...........blood...

 

 

 

"Jinyoung!"

 

When I opened my eyes, Jackson's face is in front of me, and it is etched with worry. What have I gotten into again? 

"Where am I?" I looked around. We are inside the study area. Did I sleep? 

"Were you having a bad dream? Who even told you to sleep while you are reviewing?"

 

Jackson is staring at me like I just went nuts, but all that is running in my head is what I have seen in my dream. "Jackson... J-Jackson..." My hands started to shake as I reached for his shoulder. "I... I n-need to help him..."

"What?" His face is nothing but confused. "What are you saying, Jinyoung? Who needs help?"

Gasping for air, I tried to stand on my wobbling knees and walked towards the direction of the field. If my dream is accurate, then that guy is in danger. 

 

I was almost out of the study area when I bumped into Mark. His smile faded when he saw my state. I feel cold, and my hands are trembling. "Hey, Jinyoung, are you-"

"Mark... he needs... h-he needs help."

"Who? What are you talking about, Jinyoung?"

They don't know. Of course they don't. Pushing him lightly out of my way, I walked past him. i need to act. Fast. 

 

But then I felt his hand on my arm. I don't have much strength with me now so I almost fell, but Mark caught me. "What is the matter, Jinyoung-ah? What is happening?"

"Field." It's all I could say. "Field." I repeated.

And as if Mark understood, he nodded. "Okay. Let's get you to the field."

 

 

When we reached the field, there weren't anything. There's a few people walking, those who have night class. It was all fine until we heard some screaming from the locker rooms. I felt my blood draining out of me as I walked towards where we have heard the screaming.

 

And there, I found him.

 

The guy in my dream.

 

Only, he's now lifeless, and his legs brutally cut from the rest of his body.

 

 

"No... No. No." I felt my hot tears streaming down my face as I shook my head repeatedly. This is not happening. I don't want this. No, I don't. Please make it stop... 

Please, someone help...

 

I felt Mark's arms wrapping around me, as he burries my face on his neck. "Ssshhh. Jinyoung, don't cry. You're alright. You're alright." He said, maybe in the hope of pacifying me.

But when I somehow calmed down, Mark's eyes started to study mine. 

 

Those eyes, were not filled with just worry or concern.

There's something else.

 

"Jinyoung-ah. . . ." he said. "H-how did you know this is going to happen?"

 

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

 

Annyeong! 

 

Now I have to confess something. 

When I finished "His Voice" I actually thought i have no on going fic left, aside from "Time Slip" of course. I didn't mean to, but I forgot I already started writing this here in aff. Hahaha. Stupid me. 

 

Anyhow, I am now back. With CHAPTER FOUR :) *throws confetti* 

 

Updates will be, in a weekly basis, I guess. Same with TIME SLIP. As much as I want to update it twice a week, I am afraid I can't. 

But don't worry. Whenever I have free time. I'll update these. Doesn't matter if it's on schedule or not. If I have time, I will update.

 

So,I hope you guys will be patient.

 

Now, please leave a comment below. I would really love to read your thoughts on tonight's update. :) Jebal?

 

See you in the next chapter. :*

 

Toodles!

 

 

<3 nicapark