"A Cry For Help"

ALTERED

 

[Jinyoung]

 

"I've been solving this for the nth time and boi, I still don't get it!"

I glared at Jackson as he pushed his notebook towards me completely surrendering over a single math problem.

"You should shift courses." I said to him impassively. It's supposed to be a friendly suggestion, but it probably came out like a flat out dry order.

 

The three of us, including Mark are here in the study area.

I am of course, busy (or trying to be, despite of Jackson) with reviewing for our quiz later. Mark is also busy checking the photos that he previously took. Unlucky him, it's not even two weeks after the start of classes and they already have a project.

While Jackson here is tired of working his brains out (though I doubt that he even did) just to answer a single word problem.

What did I say? He and Math don't get along well.
 

 

"Wasaaaaa!!!"

And no, that's not Bambam.

Nor Yugyeom.

God, he really should steer clear from those nutheads.

 

"Lorenzo Choi!" Jackson greeted him and gave a high five. He is really using that english name he gave him a year ago.

"Hi, hyungs." Youngjae smiled as he sat down in our table. "Jaebum hyung..." He called on him who is still standing beside him.

I looked at him as he sat beside Youngjae.

"Hey, Jaebum-ah!" Being his usual self, Jackson greeted him too loudly which earned him a death stare. "Uh... hyung. I meant Jaebum hyung."

Jaebum just hissed and plugged his earphones in. His eyes crossed mine for a brief second. But it's enough to make me feel cold. Reminding me of our last encounter.

 

"Just leave me alone, Jinyoung."

Well I guess, I should really start doing that. I care for him, I really do. We weren't best friends for six long years for nothing. But as I stare back at those cold eyes which used to look at me way too differently before, I could only keep all my concern for him and put those all aside. He made it clear, didn't he? He wants me gone. 

Maybe I should really give him that.

 

I just turned to Jackson who is mumbling about something while pouting at Jaebum. He's probably still complaining about calling him hyung despite of their age difference.
 

We were all immersed in our own businesses when a running Bambam called us.

 

"GUYS! GUYS!"

He tried to catch his breath once he reached our table. We just all waited for what he's about to say.

"Have you heard about the news???" he then asked.

"Ooh. Here comes Dispatch." Jackson whispered to me so I just hushed him.

"What is it about now?" Mark asked, though it's very much clear that he's uninterested.

Bambam held his chest and exhaled some more. How far did he run anyway?

 

"Lisa was found dead, in the Arts and Design building." His statement was enough to get all of our divided attention. 

 

"Who the hell is Lisa?"

Again I hushed Jackson. Her identity isn't even important. This news is very alarming.

"A communication arts student. She's a sophomore. But it's not-- hey! Focus!" Bambam waved his hand at Jackson. "Here's the creepy part. . . . . . . . . wait. Where's Yugyeom?" he looked around.

"He probably still have class.... and I thought you said to stay focused?" Jackson complained.

"Oh right. So where were we?"

Bambam cocked his head for a second before continuing. "The creepy part. . . . . first, her body being found inside of one of the sewing stations in the building which is incredibly far from the CommArts building. And..." he gulped. "...there were no bruises found on her body. But her eyes were brutally gouged. And. . . . . . . her lips were sewn."

As soon as Bambam finished, Jackson immediately took a run to the nearest restroom while puking.

I can't blame him though. Even if I didn't see it with my own eyes, I can still imagine it. I felt the hair at the back of my neck standing up.

"How did you know about this?" I asked, curiously. "Did you perhaps, see the body yourself?"

Bambam's face turned pale as he cupped his stomach. "Yeah I did. Oomph-" He covered his mouth after making a puking sound. "Gosh I am seeing the gruesome sight again." He ran like the speed of light towards the same direction Jackson took after excusing himself.

 

I shut my eyes tight trying to shake away the horrifying thoughts I am starting to get.

Then I felt Mark's hand at mine. It made me open my eyes and look at him.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I breathed heavily before answering him. My eyes met Jaebum's as he glared at the both of us. I tried to ignore it.

"Y-yeah. Yes, I am." I said. "Just a little shaken up because of Bambam's news."

With that, Mark tapped my shoulder and gave me a smile that says things will be okay.
 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•


 

I am walking down the halls.

I don't know where exactly I am right now but I am still walking.

Just then, I heard a melody playing.

Seems like it's coming from one of the rooms.

So I walked towards the nearest room and there I found a student, and she's playing the piano. It only made me realize that I am in the music room.

The girl continued to play as she looked back at me, smiling.

"It's a beautiful melody, isn't it?" she said completely immersed with playing.

I was watching her when suddenly, everything went black. My head felt like spinning and when I opened my eyes, there was nobody playing the piano anymore.

I turned around only to see the same girl, but she's lying on the floor, drenched in her own blood, her eyes wide with horror.

"Help me..."

 

 

"Jinyoung!"

I startled awoke, then saw Mark who has his hand on my shoulder.

"What's the matter?" His eyes were filled with concern as he examines my face. "Were you having a nightmare?"

I looked around and recognized that we're in the clinic.

"Why am I here?"

"Some student saw you passed out by the stairs and was kind enough to bring you here." He sighed and examined me even more. "Are you okay now? Why are you fidgetting in your sleep?"

I brushed my hair as my eyes shifted from left to right wondering if I should tell him about my dream.

"It's... It's just nothing." I resorted to lying. I don't want him or anyone worrying about me and my nightmares anymore.

"Can we leave now? I'm perfectly fine."
 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•


 

Mark and I were walking along the halls when we saw some students gathering up by the bulletin board.

"Hey, what's this about?" Mark asked one of the students.

"Classes are suspended for the rest of the day."

"Why?"

 

Just then, Bambam is running along with Yugyeom. They stopped when they saw us.

"Oh Mark hyung, Jinyoung hyung." Yugyeom greeted while catching his breath. "Were the classes really suspended?"

I nodded as a response. "Do you know why?"

"You didn't hear the news?" Bambam asked so we shook our heads.

 

"A student is found dead in the music room. She's stabbed to death and all her fingers were cut out."

Bambam continued on going about the frightful news but my mind is stucked on what he first said.

 

A student is found dead in the music room.
 

Just like in my nightmare.
 

It really happened.

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

Annyeong!

 

This is longer than the previous chapters because this serves as the start of things. This whetr it'll all get bloody and messy. *grins evily*


I hope this turned out good enough.

 

Let me know what you guys think. Thank you! 

 

I'm out!

 

<3 nicapark