"Time Heals All Wounds"

ALTERED

 

[Jinyoung]

 

"Oh come on!" 

I could only whine over the phone. 

It's nearly lunch time and I just called Mark to ask him to eat together but apparently, his class isn't over yet for the next hour. But I am hungry already.

 

"Stop being a whiny kid, Jinyoungie. I am not in a good mood and my stomach isn't too." I pouted. But he can't see that. "Just go and eat with our friends. In that case you won't eat alone."


Our friends. It's not really a bad idea. Bambam and Yugyeom could be loud but I can tolerate them just fine.


But, there's him. Jaebum. I don't know how to handle an hour filled with awkwardness around him.


That's when I remembered him. Oh right. 

"Oh never mind. I'll just go eat with Jackson." I just remembered his class is also over too.

I hanged up and started walking across the field. 

 

 

"Park Gae!"

I stopped after hearing that. Boy, does he ever learn? He knows I don't like that petname he has given me. He said it's his endearment for me. But I still don't want it.

In a moment he was already in front of me smiling. "Wang Gae..." he said as if waiting for my response. But he won't be getting any.

He pouted. "Come on, do it just this once. Wang gae..." I glared at him. "Why are you like this? It's always me who says it. You don't love me."

On second thought, I think I'd rather eat with the guys.

"Quit it, Jackson." He pouted some more but immediately smiled it off.


"Okay I'll let it slip. Did you have lunch already?"

"No, actually-"

"Great! The gang is waiting for us." He linked his arm on mine. "Let's go!"

He was already tugging me that I can't even have the chance to disagree. He can really be insistent at times. In a minute, we have reached the group's usual spot in the cafeteria. 

 


"Wasa!!!" Of course Jackson has to start with this.

"Wasa!!!" and Bambam followed.

"Wasa!!!" then Yugyeom.

"Wasabiiiii!!!" and altogether now.

 

I could only roll my eyes. Jackson is loud. Bambam is loud. Yugyeom is loud. So what do you expect when the three of them get together?

"Jinyoung hyung!" I looked at Youngjae who is busy putting all his cucumbers on Bambam's plate who immediately transfered it to Yugyeom's. "Come sit beside us." So I did.

I sat beside him, along with Bambam while Jackson sat in front of us, beside Yugyeom.


"Where's Jaebum, hyung?" Jackson asked my unspoken question. 

"Oh I don't know. He missed our first class earlier. I called him but he wasn't answering." Youngjae answered.

He and Jaebum are both majoring in music. Ever since I came back, the two of them have been really close. Youngjae has been very patient with him. I thank him for that. I know how stubborn Jaebum can be.


These are the rest of my friends. Bambam and Yugyeom, the youngest two are both majoring in dance. About Jaebum, well I don't know if I am still considered as a friend. Since even talking to him became a hard task for me.

It was not good when we parted ways five years ago. And when I came back, it appears things have gotten much worse. And I won't even try to deny it to myself. I miss him. I miss my bestfriend.

 

"Oh hyung is here!" I looked at the direction Yugyeom is pointing at and there I saw him, walking with his head down.

"Hyung!!!" Youngjae called him which made him look at us. "Eat with us!"

But Jaebum just shook his head and gestured about heading off.

The rest just nodded and continued eating. But maybe because I have known him for twelve years, that's why I know when something is wrong with him.

"Uhm, I'm done eating guys. I'll leave first." before they could even answer, I already got my things and headed outside the cafeteria.

I walked fast and was lucky enough to catch up on him.

 


"Hyung!" I almost grabbed his arm. It's a good thing I didn't. Or else he would snap at me again.

He turned and gave me a bored look. "What?"

But as soon as I saw his face, my eyes widened and concern took over me.

"What happened to your face?" I inched closer and reached for his cheeks. "Does it hurt-"

But he threw my arm back at me. "It's none of your concern, Jinyoung."

"It is. And I want to know what happened." I said firmly. I am done with his hardheadedness.

He didn't answer so I talked again. "Did you get yourself into some fight again?" Still no answer. "Hyung, how many times will I need to tell you before you learn? You should stay away from any kind of trouble. Your grades are not getting any better and now this? Do you really want to be kicked out of-"

"And how many times will I tell you to back off before you get it in that brain of yours?" He scoffed, cutting my sentence. "You did so well not minding me for the past years. You did so well leaving and cutting me off from your life. And now, you're acting like this? Like you're some kind of a good friend?"

I was taken aback seeing him seething with anger. But there's so much more in his eyes than just that.

"Hyung-"

"Just leave me alone, Jinyoung. These wounds will heal by themselves. So save yourself from even bothering about me."

And with that he left.

 

Time heals all wounds, they say. 


But how can I believe that when I have everything that will prove me otherwise?

 

•••••••••••••••

 

Annyeong!

 

Not much thought. But I miss you guys! I miss writing also. 

This one is short. But maybe the coming chapters will be longer :)

 

Now, I'll be updating my other stories. I hope to see you guys there :*

 

Toodles!

 

<3 nicapark