Fiancé

Because it's you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Time passed. Taemin started the new semester along with Jonghyun. He was busy and since Minho was working too, he was busy too. They wouldn’t even hang on weekends much because Minho usually had plans with Kibum and Taemin would either be finishing assignments or be at some event or party with his family, keeping up appearances.

 

He was at a polo game when it happened. A friend of his father, Mr. Park, beckoned him to their seats after the game was done and with a smile said, “I would like you to meet my son, Taemin.”

 

Both Taemin and his father were taken aback.

 

“I am not suggesting this because we are in business together. It’s because I truly feel you both would fit together.” He picked up his champagne glass for a toast, “So, what do you say?” He was asking Mr. Lee, “Do I have your permission? To set up a date between them two?”

 

“I have nothing against it,” Mr. Lee replied, “It’s up to my son...and yours too as a matter of fact. I have a feeling this suggestion was spontaneous and you haven’t discussed it with Jaeyoon yet.”

 

“You’re right,” He laughed, but looked at Taemin, “So?”

 

“I have no reason to refuse,” Taemin shrugged. It was true. He had been thinking over it while his father and Mr. Park had been talking. He needed a distraction. He needed to move on. He needed a break– no– a release from the mess in his head and his heart. He needed to get himself out of this dragging miserable confusion he found himself caught in whenever he was not occupied. He needed to allow himself to find something– someone– who could take it all away.

 

“Perfect,” The man said, raising his drink, “To new beginnings,” He toasted and Taemin picked up his glass of water from the table and repeated, “To new beginnings.”

 


 

Taemin descended the stairs after one of their household help had informed him that his parents were calling him downstairs. His hair was still a little moist from his shower. He had dyed his hair again, this time blue. He hadn’t even had a chance to look at himself in the mirror. He pushed his glasses up his nose bridge before he stepped outside into the yard, where his parents were probably entertaining guests for brunch.

 

“Oh, there he is!”

 

“Taemin! Why don’t you show Jaeyoon around the house?”

 

Taemin just blinked, processing what had been shot at him even before he had caught a glance at who their guests were and had said his greetings. But the name rang in his head and he grew a little embarrassed when his gaze finally fell on “Jaeyoon”. He was getting up and buttoning his suit as he walked over to him.

 

Taemin stared at his extended hand, breaking only when he spoke, “Jaeyoon.” He chuckled, “Guess I will be troubling you for a while today.”

 

Taemin shook his hand, noticing how three of his fingers were clad in fancy rings, “No problem.”

 

Jaeyoon followed him inside and Taemin took in his appearance while he poured him some juice. He was tall, slightly built. His hair was black and wavy and looked like he had a little trouble setting them into a parting with how they were still naturally curled in resistance. His eyes were thin and dark, a little mole sat right below his left eye. His lips were thin as well, but his smile was quite wide. His features were sharp and Taemin couldn’t deny that he indeed was handsome.

 

“Sorry,” Jaeyoon said but accepted the glass of juice gratefully, “I was parched but couldn’t find the right time between their conversation to grab my glass and take a sip.” He chuckled after taking a long sip, “I guess I was too nervous.”

 

Taemin raised his brow in amusement, “What were you worried about?”

 

“Honestly, I felt like I forgot all the etiquettes I learned. My brain was just,” He made a little noise akin to a fizzled explosion and Taemin laughed.

 

“My parents have a high tolerance.” He said, “If you observe me all day you will realize how high exactly it is.”

 

Jaeyoon just smiled and finished his drink in one go before looking around the kitchen, “So where does the tour start?”

 

Taemin thought a while as he walked out of the kitchen, “My room–”

 

“Isn’t it a little early for that?”

 

Taemin turned around, finding Jaeyoon smirking. He grew a little embarrassed and turned away again, “Just wanted to fix my shabby appearance. You can just wait here if you want.”

 

“Okay, I’ll wait. Take your time!”

 

Taemin laughed a little, “Feel free to look around the living room,” He said heading towards the staircase, “Honestly, I can’t show you around all the artwork and antiquities anyways because I know nothing about them myself.”

 

Jaeyoon laughed and turned away, walking to a bookshelf. As Taemin climbed the stairs, he watched him discreetly. He smiled to himself, watching him staring at book titles with a little frown.

 

And he grew surer that maybe deciding to do this– let himself give Jaeyoon a chance– was not a bad idea after all.

 


 

“Nice!” Jaeyoon seemed a little flabbergasted when Taemin stepped down and tapped his shoulder, breaking him from the magazine he had chosen to read. He got up then, his awe restrained in his smile, “You clean up well.”

 

“Thanks.” Taemin honestly didn’t like how his hair color had come out. It was quite bright. A couple of washes, it might get better...and maybe a couple of months, he’d go for another anyways. He was wearing dark blue contacts and was dressed in black ripped skinnies and a white jeweled shirt, the jewels on the shoulders and collar matching the color

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter