Interview

Because it's you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Finals were over, their graduation was over, even the campus recruitments were over. Minho had stayed from 9 to 5, speaking to every company’s representative, networking, giving off his resume after the chat, attending on-the-spot interviews. Taemin was just watching from the seats of the arena, chewing gum, falling in and out of sleep every now and then. He was considering a Master’s or maybe even a Ph.D. and hence wasn’t planning on working anytime soon. But Minho was driven to get a job as soon as possible.

 

Finally, Minho was done and he climbed up towards the seats, loosening his tie before he flopped down beside Taemin, resting back and sighing deeply.

 

“Any success?” Taemin asked, fishing out a cool water bottle from his bag and handing it to Minho.

 

Minho took it and downed half the contents in one go before he answered, “I guess.” He shrugged slightly, smiling, “A couple of them said they’d schedule a proper interview soon. And there was one company– they wanted to hire me even if they didn’t have an opening. They said I could start as an intern and they’d transfer me to a better position later.”

 

“Yeah, I saw it.” Taemin smiled, “That guy was watching you speak and then caught hold of you the moment you were let of.” He smiled, “That’s great.” He elbowed him, “You’re gonna be a salaryman soon, huh.”

 

Minho chuckled, “Gosh, as of now, I just can't wait to be out of this suit.”

 

“Keep it on,” Taemin said, getting up.

 

“Why?” Minho got up as well.

 

“You have one last interview left.” Taemin said, fixing Minho’s tie, “You remember dad was totally impressed by your projects the last sem and said he’d hire you the moment you’d graduate? He kinda asked you to come over today. Said it was something important...and I’m 100% sure it’s because he wanna interview you for our company.”

 

“Whoa…” Minho breathed, “I didn’t expect he was serious.”

 

Taemin chuckled, “Come on, let’s go.”

 

 

 

So there Minho was, seated before Mrs. and Mr. Lee, looking all crisp in his suit, a bit of nervousness in his mien because though Taemin’s parents had been kinda like his own parents, he’d never actually faced them in such a formal setting, as potential employers. He wanted to be formal and impressionable… and was running over scenarios of their conversation, preparing professional responses in his head.

 

On the other hand, Taemin was sitting cross-legged beside him on the next armchair, playing on his phone, unperturbed by how straight, formally and elegantly Minho and his parents were sitting, waiting for the tea to be served before they could begin. When the tea was finally served, Mr. Lee began.

 

“So, Minho…”

 

“Yes, Mr. Lee.”

 

Mr. Lee just smiled, “There’s really nothing much to say, right? Should I consider it decided? You agree, right?”

 

Minho blinked in surprise, his lips curving in a little happy smile, “Yes, I do.”

 

Mr. Lee beamed before he looked at his wife, “Then let’s fix a meeting with Minho’s mother sometime this week to–”

 

“Wait,” It was Taemin who voiced the confusion Minho was filling with, looking up from his phone, “Why would you meet Minho’s mom for this?”

 

“What do you mean why?” Mr. Lee frowned, “It’s such a big decision of your life– of his life– how can we not talk to Minho’s mother about it?”

 

Taemin furrowed his brows in confusion an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter