-0.4-

Sign.

Both of them didn't realize they were smiling even when they drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 6 in the morning when Taekwoon woke up to the stinging pain on his waist. It hurt like a . He stripped off his shirt and was about to open the bandage around his wound only to be stopped by the door opening and the nurse from yesterday and a doctor came in. Taekwoon became red and tried to put his clothes back on but was stopped by the doctor's hands on his.

"Don't. I'm going to check you." The doctor informed and Taekwoon nodded but the red on his face didn't disappear. Seeing the patient's embarrassment, the doctor and the nurse chuckled only to be silenced by a male walking into the room. He was wearing the nurse uniform but his face was covered with a surgeon's mask. He gestures the nurse to come closer and the two of them go out.

"Miss, Doctor Min wants you in room 509."

"Alright. Tell her I will be there in a minute." The nurse was about to enter again.

"She wants you there now. I'll handle this patient." The male said.

"Okay then. I'll be going." The nurse said and walked towards the room she was informed to go to.

The man walks in, catching the attention of both the patient and the doctor. He walks to the doctor and whispers the reason for the nurse's absence in his ear. The doctor nodded in understanding and continued his check up on the patient. 

"Alright. The wound on your waist is going to hurt if you strain it. And some of the cuts have been stitched again, so take care of that too. You've had too much blood loss but I think you are well enough to be released by the day after tomorrow. Rest well for the remaining days." The doctor explained while Taekwoon only nodded at all his sentences.

"Thank you, doctor." Taekwoon said with a smile before the doctor left the room.

Now, there was only the male nurse and a half- Taekwoon in the room. Taekwoon's red face had become pink and he turned so that his back was facing the nurse. He was about to wear his shirt, if not for a knife dangerously close to his throat. He gulped and his adams apple just slightly felt the cold metal. 

"Are you the same person from that night?" Taekwoon asks.

"Which night?" The man asks unimpressed and Taekwoon gets a momentary shock. The voice seems familiar to him. He lets out a small gasp when he felt the knife being pressed against his throat.

"You cut your arms I see. Why?"

"Why do you want to know when you're going to kill me?" Taekwoon asks back.

"Taekwoon! I would nev-" The man slightly moves his knife away while trying to explain himself and Taekwoon took this as his chance. He grabbed the wrist of the other and pulled him to the bed. He painfully twisted the other's arm and the man finally dropped his knife. Taekwoon thought that was enough and he let go of the man. But he was mistaken.

Just when he was about to release the male, the other turned around, making Taekwoon fall on the floor and took out a scalpel and pointed it towards Taekwoon's face who was trying to get the hands off him. The man was strangling him with one hand and the other one gripping the scalpel shakily near his face.

Just then, the door opens and Wonshik becomes wide-eyed at the scene in front of him. He rushes to inside and pulls the man off Taekwoon and the man's back hit the wall harshly. He was about to ring the call button but Taekwoon managed to stop him by putting his hand on Wonshik's and shaking his head whilst trying to breathe properly. 

"Why?" Wonshik whispers loud enough for Taekwoon to hear but he doesn't answer and instead, pushes Wonshik aside and grabbed the hand that was going to stab Wonshik. Wonshik got up and tackled the man down on the floor. Now, the man was beneath Wonshik, his head being pushed to the floor and a painful grip on both his wrists that were behind him. 

"Speak up." Wonshik growled but the man stayed silent. Taekwoon went closer to the man and took off the surgeon mask only to become shocked. 

"H-Hyu-Hyung?" Taekwoon stuttered and the called one had a look of guilt on his face.

"Who?" Wonshik says, totally confused. Taekwoon took in a deep breath and exhaled shakily.

"Let him go." Taekwoon requests.

"Taekwoon! He is dangerous!" Wonshik exclaims.

"Please." Taekwoon says and the look on the Taekwoon's face is convincing enough for Wonshik to let go of the man and get off him, but never letting his guard down even once. The man groaned in pain before standing up properly. 

"Why?" Taekwoon's voice comes out almost as a pained whisper. 

The asked avoids his eyes by hanging his head low. 

"Father asked me to." He replies.

"Why didn't you do it?" Taekwoon asks, this time even more hurt.

"I couldn't. Disobeying is bad but killing someone I care for is horrible." The other replies.

Taekwoon gets up and hugs the man tightly while spilling the tears he was holding. The other drew circles on Taekwoon's back to calm him down while holding back his own tears. He can't cry when he attempted on hurting Taekwoon.

"Mind telling me what the hell is going on?" Wonshik breaks the trance of the other two and Taekwoon quickly pulls away with a pink face while rubbing his eyes harshly with his sleeves. The other stopped Taekwoon and shook his head gently as if to stop Taekwoon from hurting. Wonshik was getting annoyed.

"This is Joonhyun-hyung. He is my step-brother." Taekwoon says while his step-brother had a hand over the younger's shoulder and Wonshik could swear that he saw Taekwoon's eyes light up because of the touch.

"He tried to kill you and you act all charming towards him?" Wonshik blurts out and Taekwoon blushes. 

"He is charming even if he doesn't do anything." Joonhyun speaks up and Taekwoon becomes a darker shade of pink and ducks his head. But Joonhyun's next action stunned them both. He put his fingers under Taekwoon's chin and lifted his face with a sharp moment, making Taekwoon's eyes snap up to his and Wonshik's jaw drop.

"See?" Joonhyun says and looks at Wonshik, who just nods. Soon after Joonhyun put his hand down, Taekwoon dropped to his knees and bowed down. His hair covered his face but his ears were red. Joonhyun just chuckled at the younger's behavior.

"Still so shy?" Joonhyun chuckles out and Wonshik hums in agreement.

------------------------------------------------

"What did father say?" Taekwoon asks.

"He told me to have you killed." Joonhyun responds a bit shakily.

"What for?" 

"I don't know. He just told me to kill you without asking any questions." (really)

"Then who was it that night?" Taekwoon speaks to himself.

"You've been attacked before!?" Joonhyun exclaims.

"That why he's here. He got attacked 6 days ago."

"Really?" Joonhyun asks while facing Taekwoon who nods in answer. "That's why you asked me that. I thought you were trying to confuse me." Joonhyun says sheepishly.

"You think that's the best I can do?" Taekwoon pouts and the oldest aw's at him instead while pinching his cheeks.

"Well, I know you've never harmed anyone before, so you might be an amateur." Joonhyun said.

"Hyung! I work for the police!" Taekwoon whines.

"You only patrol!" Wonshik speaks up, Taekwoon scoffs and Joonhyun chuckles. 

Judging by their love for each other, Joonhyun might not do anything to harm Taekwoon anymore and Wonshik could put down his guard down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woo! It's not easy to make the before story when the ending is thoughtlessly done. I am suffering. Thank you for reading and please comment!