-0.2-

Sign.

God, he is such a mess. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Its been a week since Taekwoon's master, Wonshik had started living with Taekwoon. Taekwoon suggested to have his master live in another house but he refused the idea. Taekwoon's had questions.

 Why wouldn't he go? It'll be better for both of them. 

Is he staying with him because he wants to bother him?

Or are there any other reasons?

 He brushed those thoughts and focused on his work.

There were signs of war from where Wonshik came from. Economic pressure, death threats from citizens to the ruling party, fights among communists and rivals, strikes in the town because of the party's behavior and so on. It was almost endless. So, Wonshik ended up with Taekwoon since his city was far more peaceful.

Taekwoon goes to for his last patrol during the night nowadays since the new workers have various reasons, so he has no choice but to go. His master didn't agree on the idea but it would be better for Taekwoon himself, but now that the area is not in the best condition, he didn't favor it either.

Tonight is exceptionally quiet. Its peaceful and quiet. Taekwoon kept on walking, the cool night air hitting him and the night sky filled with rain clouds which seems like it might rain any moment. It was completely dark since the moon was being hidden by the rain clouds. 

Taekwoon glanced at his watch. About time to go. He turned back and walked towards the far, lighted and empty road. But suddenly, Taekwoon felt his arms being grabbed and pulled. He found himself pushed against the wall of a broken building, his hands above his head and a knife at his torso.

"Well, well, well, looks like someone let their guard down." A man with a black mask, covering up to his nose remarked gruffly. Somehow, Taekwoon thought that the voice was familiar.

"Who are you?"

"All I can say for now is, worry about yourself." The man whispers.

Taekwoon swiftly took a handful of crumbles of the wall and threw it at the man. The man yelled and blindly tried to get rid of the dirt while also trying to secure his prey, he slashed the knife at Taekwoon's waist. 

After he cleared his eyes, his target wasn't in front of him. Taekwoon crept behind him and knocked him out. Even though he had blood gushing from his wound, he carried the man on his back and took him to the office. Being exhausted and in pain, Taekwoon collapsed.

------------------------------------------------

Hakyeon had mixed feelings as he walked down the usual road he takes to work, but now with trails blood. He looked in every crook and corner to check (hopefully) if the blood trail was leading somewhere else but no, it kept on leading his path to work.

He was at the entrance but the blood didn't seem to stop there. It's inside. He took a deep breath before opening the door. He saw a man's back on the row of chairs, He went closer towards the chairs and gasped loudly in shock.

Taekwoon was on the floor with blood on the side of his shirt as well as beneath him. And he saw a man in full black, unconscious. He quickly crouched down near Taekwoon to see his condition. He put two of his fingers against Taekwoon's cold neck to check the pulse. Hakyeon breathed a sigh of relief on feeling the pulse. He carefully observed the man on the seat and he too was still breathing. He handcuffed the man, just in case anything happens.

He carefully picked up Taekwoon and placed him on a seat. The front of his shirt was also soaked in blood, the area of the waist having the darkest color. Taekwoon opened his eyes, grunting in pain and saw Hakyeon in front of him. As he was about to get up, he was pushed by Hakyeon back on the seat.

"Be good and sit down." Hakyeon ordered.

Hakyeon opened the first two button of Taekwoon's shirt within a blink of an eye causing Taekwoon to widen his eyes. He grabbed the open part of his own shirt and glared at Hakyeon with a slightly pink face.

"Wh-what do you think you are doing?" Taekwoon glared but it only appeared cute to the older.

"I told you to be good," Hakyeon sighed and continued, "but you slapped my hands away."

"Sorry." Taekwoon apologizes.

"It's okay. Now let me treat your wound."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

Hakyeon went to get the first-aid box meanwhile Taekwoon took off his shirt. When he came back, he gasped once again that morning. Taekwoon's waist had a very deep cut and blood spread all over his abdomen, it will leave a scar.

"Taekwoon!" Hakyeon yelled out.

"What?" Taekwoon winced.

"Why didn't you call me immediately!?"

"Stop shouting."

"Sorry. But why didn't you call for help? You could have died." Hakyeon says with a lower tone.

"It was late in the night. He did this blindly."

"That doesn't mean that it wasn't dangerous." 

"It'll just leave a scar."

"The wound might open if you're not careful." Hakyeon nags.

"Whatever." Taekwoon muttered.

"What was that?"

"Yes, mother, I will be careful." Taekwoon says like a child.

After mildly treating his wound, Hakyeon asked Taekwoon to go to the hospital for better care to his wound but Taekwoon said that he will be alright. Taekwoon went to the changing room to get a new shirt and hid his blood-soaked shirt in a bag.

By the time he got back, there were already some colleagues who were looking worriedly at him. He sighed but gave a reassuring smile to them. 

Except, Hakyeon had a not so good face. 

"What happened?" Taekwoon asked the frowning elder.

"Taekwoon-ie, I'm sorry but I called Ravi here and-"

Hakyeon's words were cut off by the door of the office opening with a loud noise and everyone was on alert. Some had taken their guns out and aimed it at the door.

"Where's Taekwoon?!" The barged man speaks. He searches with his eyes and walks forward when he found his target hiding behind Hakyeon.

"Sir! You can't just barge in li-" The officer was cut off by a death glare from Ravi. All the others saw it and stilled in their places but hands still ready to act.

Ravi walks towards Taekwoon who was hiding behind Hakyeon with furious steps and was about to push him away only to be gripped by Hakyeon in a tight hold.

"What the do you think you're doing?" Ravi scowls as he pulls his hands away from Hakyeon's hold.

"Calm your ! Taekwoonie is injured and he needs proper care!" Hakyeon shouts at Wonshik despite Taekwoon tugging at his shirt, telling him to stop.

"As if you're giving him proper care!" Wonshik shouts back.

"At least I'm doing a better job than you!" Hakyeon retorts.

"I would take care of him if he came back!" Wonshik reasons.

"How would he when he passed out!?" Hakyeon says.

"You passed out!?" Wonshik asks Taekwoon. Taekwoon was frightened. He had never seen Hakyeon act like this.

"Answer me!" Wonshik shouts at him and he flinches. He nods as an answer. 

"Don't you dare shout at him!" Hakyeon says as he steps forward.

"Who do you think you are!?" 

"And who exactly do you think you are!?" Hakyeon retorts.

"Why you!" Wonshik raises his fist to punch Hakyeon who did not see it coming. Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon back and the fist came landing to his face. 

"Taekwoon, why did you-" 

"Leave." Taekwoon says with no emotion. His cheeks hurt.

"But Taekwoon, I-"

"Leave!" He repeats louder this time, still not looking at Wonshik.

"Taek-" 

"If you're not leaving, then I will." Taekwoon says as he brushes past Wonshik with the whole world rounding in his eyes. He was barely outside before everything had become black.

"Taekwoon!!" He heard many call out his name but failed to respond.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonshik's identity is a kept a secret from Hakyeon and thus, it's Ravi. Thank you for reading and please comment!