5

— H o u s e O f C a r d s — {JenKook FF}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There you are, you two.” Rosé said as she greets her two friends with a big hug.

 

Jennie smiles at her. “Sorry. Woke up late.” Then she puts up a peace sign to her best friend.

 

“Hmm. You must’ve been busy “last night”?” Rosé said as she focuses on the phrase last night.

 

“We were just fixing things.” Jennie felt her cheeks burning as her friends looked at her teasingly.

 

Jisoo smiles widely as she noticed someone was watching over them from the inside of the classroom. “I guess someone’s watching over you.”

 

Jennie looks at her right to find Jungkook staring at her. She smiles at him as he smiles back at her as well.

 

“I see hearts everywhere, gurl!” Jisoo said in excitement. “I can’t wait for Nayeon to go down!”

 

“Rivalry at its best, I say.” Lisa said using her lips to point at Nayeon who was standing by the hall.

 

Nayeon looks at them furiously along with her friends. Jennie looks back at her and just went inside their classroom followed by her friends.

 

“Please, let me cut her!” Rosé said trying to lose her temper.

 

Jennie laughs at her. “She’s just jealous guys. Let her be.”

 

“Oh hell no. Once she places one finger on you, I’ll sure break her bones to pieces.” Jisoo said trying to control her anger.

 

“Guys, I may badly want to cut her head off, but I’d rather behave. I don’t want us to be the bad guys.” Jennie said stating her point.

 

Jisoo nods in agreement. “Well, you do have a point.”

 

~

 

The day went by the usual. Classes, breaks and chit chats.

 

They were having their math class, the last subject of the day as their principal knocked on their door.

 

“Oh, Mrs. Kwon. Do you need anything?” Their math teacher asked as the principal stood outside and peaked through the door looking around.

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled as soon as she saw Jennie. “May I speak with Ms. Jennie Kim?”

 

Jennie bolted her head up as she heard her name. Their teacher looked at her and signaled her to head out.

 

Jennie nodded and slowly headed outside.

 

“What is it Mrs. Kwon?” Jennie asked as she smiled nervously.

 

I didn’t do anything bad right?

 

“Your mother gave a call earlier. It’s about your dad.” Mrs. Kwon smile slowly disappeared as she spoke.

 

Jennie looked at her confusingly. “Why? What about? Is he okay?”

 

Mrs. Kwon sighed deeply and grabbed her hand. She caressed it carefully and looked into her eyes. “He got in an accident while it was night time at New York. He was on his way home from an important meeting when the car from the other lane lost control and unfortunately your dad’s car was the one who got hit.”

 

Jennie felt hot tears rolling from her eyes. “N-no...”

 

“I’m sorry dear. Your mom told me that he’s fine. He’s still alive but the problem is he hasn’t woke up since the accident. The doctor said he could be in a comma if he doesn’t wake up the next 48 hours.” Mrs. Kwon hugged Jennie who was crying from all the shock.

 

Jennie just cried on Mrs Kwon’s grip. “Why him…”

 

Mrs. Kwon caressed the back of her head. “Shh, Jennie. He’s going to be fine. I’m sure. Just don’t be too disappointed. He doesn’t like you to be sad.”

 

Actually Mrs. Kwon, their principal and Jennie’s mom are really good friends since they went to college and graduated together.

 

Jennie soon calmed down and broke the hug. “Thank you, Mrs. Kwon. I’ll call Mom as soon as I get home later.”

 

“Make sure dear. I’m sure she has been waiting.” Mrs. Kwon smiled and left.

 

Jennie wiped her tears and got in class. She bows her head down so no one would notice she has been crying.

 

“Did she get scolded?” V asked Jungkook who was worried looking at Jennie acting weird after her talk with the principal.

 

“I don’t think so, dude. Classes just started. And she’s getting scolded already? For what? Being a goddess?” Suga chuckles.

 

Jungkook glances at him and back at Jennie. “Something’s wrong.”

 

“Are you okay?” Rosé turns to her back and asks Jennie who was busy worrying about her father.

 

Jennie sighs and looks at Rosé. “I’ll tell you later. I’ll be home early today. There’s an emergency.”

 

Rosé nodded and smiled. She pats Jennie shoulder to comfort her. She knew something was off. “Everything’s going to be alright. Stay positive. Arasso?”

 

~

 

Riiiing!

 

The day was over yet Jennie was still not on her usual self after hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter