Prologue 4

NCT otome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4

As all the interns scuttered to their first department I made my way to my first destination, the headquarters. And honestly, this was the place I wanted to work in all along. The news center buzzed with dynamism. Papers being passed everywhere, some hushed and some fiery phone calls made around the room. The clicking of multiple keyboards.

A man, with folded shirt sleeves walked towards me tousling his hair. “Hello” he said, holding out his hand “You should be Lola, Sunny informed me you were coming.” He was going to continue but he got cut by an employee asking something about a document. “Where was I?” he asked when he got the chance. The bags under his eyes told a lot about his sleeping habits but still, he seemed to be in really good shape. Sleep deprivation didn’t have a tool on this man. His chestnut hair was messy but all the other things about his appearance preserved a strict professionalism.

I realized I dozed off about his looks while he spoke to me and looked down trying to find a hole to fall in. “You’re not the paying attention type huh?” he said looking me straight in the eyes. I bit my lip not knowing what to do. ‘Perfect’ I thought to myself ‘first being late and then this, I sure will be rewarded the intern of the month.’

“As I was saying,” he said without seeming to be angry “I’m the director of headquarters, Jung Jaehyun.” He made a wait sign for one of the employees trying to get his attention. “As you see I’m quite b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter