Prologue 10

NCT otome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10

The time I dreaded came. I reluctantly dragged my body to Mr.Lee’s office. I thought he should be the red-haired man from the board meeting. Remembering his reaction then made my stomach churn anxiously.

I entered his room after knocking. The room was so white you felt like falling. His red hair stood out even more in this surrounding. Sunny was standing by his left side. I sat on a chair as I was told to do so.

So “Lola Winters is it?” he said with a tone that didn’t wait for an answer. I nodded just in case. “You got recruited a week ago and this is your first day. Your first day in which you somehow arrived 1 hour late,"  he locked his fingers in a bossing way and rested his chin on them, moving his face a bit closer.

"We don’t slack off in NCT and we certainly don’t run late in our first day, so you better have a good explanation.”

I gulped and fiddled with my hands. He seemed angrier than I expected. I should have reported the theft this morning to police. Then I would have an explanation. But I knew that was not the only reason I was late and as I struggled to put my reasoning together the silence between us stretched.

Sunny went out as if saying I was in Mr.Lee’s hands from now on. He said “Raise your head” a bit loudly. The anger I saw in his eyes was much more than it should be for me. It was something different. He was angry about something else and he was going to take it out on me. I kept looking him in the eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter