PART 2

Karma

Two weeks passed and SinB had never felt this lonely and dead. One day, someone visited her. She felt a little light inside her as she hoped it would be Yuju. But it wasn’t, it was Jungkook. 

 

  • Why are you here ? 

 

  • I wanted to thank you SinB. He said and for the first time he didn’t have his usual innocent look. He was smirking. 

 

  • For what ? 

 

  • For the happiness you brought me. 

 

  • I don’t understand. What did I do ? 

 

  • Oh … you did nothing, Karma did. he replied before he left. 

 

She was confused but then she had some theories flooding her mind. Is he happy because now he is able to have Yuju all by himself and that thanks to SinB ? She feared it was something like that. But he said that SinB didn’t do anything, Karma did. Had he planned everything since the beginning ? She was so angry right now that she hit the wall of her cell with her knuckle. She was bleeding but she didn’t care. She had to find a way to get out of here. The problem is that she didn't know how. She looked at her bleeding hand and suddenly she had an idea. She wiped the blood from her hands on her shirt. 

 

  • Please help me! she cried out. 

 

An officer came and opened the cell’s door immediately when he saw the blood. 

 

  • What happened ? he asked. 

 

  • Please I need help.

He approached and she took the advantage of the opportunity to knock him down with her knuckle.  She took his gun and another thing. Then, she ran away. 

 

Now that she was far away from the cell, she had to think about what to do next. Jungkook was clearly  involved in the mess. She just had to find some proof. But then, it won’t be easy all the more because she escaped from the prison. She was not completely innocent, she had literally blood on her hands. She hated more Jungkook because he managed to put her in troubles while doing himself nothing wrong. But she will find something to drag him in the mess he created. She chose not to go see Yuju it would be wrong. Yuju still thinks she is a criminal or whatever. Plus, SinB didn’t want to freak her out. She decided to come back to Jungkook’s house. Once there, she was surprised as nobody was there. It was 8 am. Maybe was he still filming ? SinB imagined other situations but what scared her the most was that in everyone Yuju was there with him. She had to find her before something bad happens to her. But before she chose to search in his house. She hopes to find something that will sentence him. 

She found nothing except the cameras that were still there. After having examining the house, she felt as if it wasn’t his real house because there were no personal things except the photo on the bedroom’s wall. It seems more like those houses that estate agents were eager to sell to those rich people. The door suddenly opened. She took her gun in case. But she didn’t expect this person to appear. 

 

  • What are you doing here ? she asked forgetting that she had a gun in her hand. 

 

Yuju turned towards her. 

 

  • SinB !! 

 

  • Yeah, it is me. Now answer my question. 

 

Yuju’s eyes widened when she noticed the gun. SinB quickly put it in her pocket. She was a fool, now Yuju was clearly scared. SinB’s eyes softened. 

 

  • Yuju, I didn’t want to scare you. I am sorry but please listen to me, Jungkook is ...

 

  • How did you go out of prison ? cut off Yuju visibly frightened. 

 

  • I ran away, but it doesn’t matter. Please listen to me. said SinB while approaching carefully Yuju. 

 

  • Don’t come near to me ! 

 

  • Yuju, you know me. We have been together for two years. 

 

  • No, I don’t. You are a criminal. 

 

  • No I am not. Jungkook is. 

 

  • Oh so now Jungkook is a criminal while he did everything to convince me not to call the police. 

 

  • Yuju he is a good actor, you should know. He is a liar.

 

  • No, you are SinB. 

 

SinB wanted to approach Yuju but Jungkook entered the house. 

 

  • Oh SinB, how come you are out ? he said very nicely. 

 

  • It doesn’t matter. What matters is how you destroyed my life and how I am going to achieve justice. 

 

  • I didn’t do anything. he said confused. 

 

  • Stop acting. 

 

  • Give me a proof that I am the one responsible of what is happening. 

 

SinB didn’t know because she didn’t have the time to find proofs. She still tried: 

  • This is not your house.

 

  • What ! Of course it is my home. 

 

  • Jungkook we should call the police. said Yuju looking at SinB with disappointed eyes. 

 

  • Why is it not my house ? he asked ignoring the request of Yuju. 

 

  • There are no personal objects. 

 

  • Well, I am a simple man. I don’t like showing up all my awards and stuff like that. 

 

  • It is too clean to be occupied. 

 

  • Well, I confess I hired a cleaning person so that’s why. 

 

SinB was speechless, she didn’t know what to say. She was doomed. Jungkook seemed really innocent. Maybe it was really karma. 

 

  • Why did you visit me, before ? 

 

  • Well, I went to thank you.

 

  • Why ?

 

  • Because thank to you, I checked the security system of my house and noticed that there were cameras that were not mine. I called the police and they said it was a gang. So thanks to you I managed to arrest the gang.  

 

  • That’s why I entered your house the first time because I saw them put cameras in your house. I know the gang and I was planning to stop them. 

 

  • Why haven’t you told me ? 

 

  • I didn’t have the time. 

 

  • Oh … said Jungkook. His eyes showed he felt sorry somehow. 

 

  • Stop lying SinB !  cut off Yuju. 

 

  • I am not lying, Yuju. 

 

  • How can you recognize a gang and follow them ? Why do you have a gun on you ? 

 

  • Because I worked as a police officer. 

 

Yuju was shocked. 

 

  • What but you told me you work as a computer engineer ! 

 

  • Yeah but in the police station. And I did work as a police officer but because of my shoulder I had to stop. 

 

Yuju was speechless.

  • Why haven’t you told me this before ? she asked as she approached SinB. 

 

SinB began to cry. She didn’t notice she was until she felt Yuju’s fingertips wiping her tears on her face. SinB caught her girlfriend’s wrists as if she was afraid that she would never touch them anymore. 

 

  • Shh. It is okay. whispered Yuju.

 

When she heard these words, SinB didn’t hold back her tears anymore and cried out loud. Yuju hugged her tightly and carefully. When she calmed down and they broke the hug, they looked around and Jungkook wasn’t there anymore. SinB knew something was wrong. And she was right. Suddenly a loud noise echoed in the house. It was the sound of a gunshot. Yuju was trembling so SinB didn’t think twice and grab her hand. 

 

  • Stay quiet. she whispered and Yuju nodded silently. 

 

She headed towards the exit but she heard a man just in front of the house: 

 

  • I have to kill one of them ? Why not both. 

 

SinB’s eyes widened. She was sure it was the gang and this time they had to kill her and Yuju. She won’t let that happen. Yuju was clearly afraid. SinB leaded her upstairs. She heard footsteps coming from downstairs. She had no choice but to enter the bedroom. It was empty. SinB had a sense of déjà vu as they hided in the wardrobe. Maybe it was karma.  

 

Seconds passed like minutes and the silence was deadly.  But this time SinB was with Yuju. The latter was trembling. SinB tried to reassure her but Yuju was still scared. Suddenly Yuju kissed her and it was a passionate one. 

 

  • I am sorry. said Yuju.  

 

  • Don’t be. smiled SinB 

 

SinB heard footsteps. Yuju didn’t seem to have heard them. So this time SinB kissed Yuju. It was a soft one. Why does it feel like a goodbye ? 

 

  • Don’t worry you will make it alive. she said. Please stay here, promise me you won’t open the door no matter what happens.

    Yuju looked scared. SinB understood why so she spoke again:

 

  • Don’t worry about me. I carry a gun and I was a police officer. I love you. 

 

Yuju was too frozen to respond anything. She had difficulty letting go her reassuring lover’s hand. But she eventually did as she closed her eyes. When she opened it, SinB was not there anymore. The latter was in the bedroom with the gun in her hand. 

 

  • Come, if you dare.  


The door opened and a man appeared. His face was masked so that only his eyes were visible. He had a gun on his hand.

  • Here you are. And this time you are not hidden like a scared puppy. 

 

  • Yeah but now you are the one hidden like a scared puppy.  Why don’t you remove your mask ? 

 

  • What a confidence. I admit that I am amazed. Where is the other girl ? 

 

  • She ran away. I am the only one.

 

  • Oh you are courageous. So many adjectives to qualify. Let me add another one ? 

 

  • Which one ? asked SinB confused. 


But as she asked a loud noised echoed in the house. It was the sound of a gunshot … again. But this time she saw the destination of the bullet as it crashed on her chest. Then, she witnessed the fall of her body as the floor seemed to approach but she never saw nor heard the collision as her eyelids chose to close before. 

 

  • Dead, he answered softly before he left the room. 

 

Yuju heard everything. She hoped that the bullet was coming from SinB’s gun. After the gunshot there were no sound but she chose to keep SinB’s promise and stay in the closet. Then as the silence was so deadly, she exited it. She collapsed on her knees the moment she saw the body on the floor. She couldn’t speak. Her lover was lifeless on the floor. She caressed SinB’s hair as tears began to roll down her cheeks. Her tears poured her lover’s face like rain. Soon it was flooded by them. 

 

  • Is it raining ? a voice spoke. 

 

Yuju’s eyes widened. She was sure they were alone in the room. Then as she scanned the room with her eyes, she landed them on SinB’s ones which were fixing her. 

 

  • You are …, began Yuju. 

 

SinB smiled.

  • A criminal ? asked SinB while chuckling.

 

  • Alive, continued Yuju. She couldn’t believe her eyes.

 

  • Yes I am. said SinB while sitting beside her lover.

 

  • How come ? 

 

Yuju checked the floor and there were no blood. There were no blood on SinB shirt. SinB was going to respond but then the door opened and Jungkook appeared. 

 

  • Jungkook, you are a…   claimed Yuju. But she was stopped by a loud sound. 

 

  • Dead.

 

His body collapsed on the floor as the bullet went trough his chest. Yuju turned towards the owner of the voice: SinB. Yuju was frozen. SinB approached him and squatted down in front of him. 

 

  • Jungkook, I wanted to thank you. she said for the first she didn’t have her usual malicious look. She was smiling innocently. 

 

  • For what ? he said while panting. 

 

  • For the happiness you brought me. 

 

  • I don’t understand. What did I do ? 

 

  • Oh … you did nothing, Karma did.

-----------

This is the end.

I know it can be confusing so don't hesitate to ask me if you didn't understand how SinB managed to survive or how she knew that Jungkook was the criminal. Normally there are hints in the story. Still you can ask me ;) 

Sorry for how I portraied Jungkook in the story. Anyway I love the real one :)

Of course I will be happy if you can leave a comment :)

Love you all, thanks