"after break-up" couple (part 1)

the fluctuating couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was out in the club dining serving food and drinks in her high heels and knee length black waitress dress, she was so good at it that now she could manage drinks tray in one hand and food with other. She moved so smoothly from one table to another, smiling at everyone she made eye contact with.

 

Dara is rated as a star employee of YG club; with only working for few months, she was quick to adapt in the new environment. She would hold up a conversation with the customers pretty easily. Despite of some odds, she liked the place. It makes her hype up with the crowd. And who doesn’t like the music that makes you bounce?. The dining was separated from the dance area by sound proof wall with the door for people to enter in or out; the club was pretty big and had many sections in it even she wasn’t aware of. Though she never saw the dance floor but she have heard from people talking while serving them it’s a must experience!!

And that made her curious to visit herself but she never got the chance. Well, it’s not like she is quitting her job or something there would be plenty of occasions in future.

 

It's been a six months only that she started working with them. It was a sudden decision of working in a club, of course not the place she wanted and saw herself working for but Six months she spend here was kind of helped her with money as well as to distract her from that jerk jiyong. She wanted to get away from that place and start anew; so contemplating for an hour she left her job, her home and came here in incheon. 

 

It was passed 11:30 something, just the time of their high hours. The club stays open till 4 AM but the crowd gets less in the dining and move to dance area. After 2-3 people start to collapse on the floor or couches or wherever; too drunk to keep their eyes open to find a comfortable place. Their club is not so fancy and only limited people know about it, and I can say that is an advantage because it means less drunken bodies spread around the place, less vomiting and misbehaving.

 

After getting last order, she took a break of 10 minutes, and takes rest in the staff’s break room. She lay down on one of the three mattresses. Glad that she was alone at a time, 10 minutes of peace.

 

She was scrolling through her phone 'no message, no calls' the usual, what was she expecting, threw her phone in her bag; after taking a sip of water, she lay sown on her stomach; supporting her head with folded arms, eyes closed, already feeling sleepy.

 

"dara, dara" mina ran to her holding a locker key. Dara eyed her panicked face sensing that there must be some ‘favor’ she want from her, dara turned her face opposite direction, "oh dara, can you be Hostesses for VIP room" she said hurriedly. Sweat was running down her forehead must be from running around searching for her.

 

Oh no, no no she is so not going to step in, in that torture room. She’ll really die from awkwardness and ‘after’ embarrassment; shaking her head she stood up taking a couple of steps away from mina. Just a minute of silence, that’s what she wanted and with her buzzing continuously in her ear that’s way too impossible.

 

Mina is the daughter of club manager’s and also her friend (don’t know why), A year older than her but her brain stopped growing after 5. special power is- can hypnotize even a healthy horse with her sweet talk and puppy eyes. No one and no one can win over her; maybe that’s why she was here on her father’s place.

 

"ahhh dara~~~ don't do this please, sohyung was supposed to be there but she didn't came today and this meeting  came out of nowhere" she poured all her sadness in those words. "I don't know what to do.....please....hmm"

 

"why don't you be the today" dara said trying not to meet eyes with her and busying herself fumbling through her locker.

 

"you know I can't. I have to look in the kitchen and the counter also" dara left a sigh “I’ll give extra pay for this, promise” she hold up her picky finger

Even though you know what is going to happen; then why bother to try; she thought

 

Seeing dara nod she immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her towards sohyung’s lockers. She took out a dress "here, this is the dress she was supposed to wear today, I think it'll fit you" she looked at her from head to toe as in imaging her wearing it "yeah, it'll fit you" giving her pleased, bright smile at dara totally ignoring her ‘so not happy face.

“Don’t forget about the pay”

 

"of course,..fighting!!" pumping her feisty in air she tabbed dara’s shoulder before leaving.

 

Dara eyed herself in the dress; it's so not her style. The dress was shimmering pink, knee length with off shoulder. With a slightest pull to the end and her two babies would make a grand appearance to the entire room.

 

"ahhh, please stop doing this to me" she mumbled to herself. Spending more fifteen minutes on whether to go out or not, dara opened the door reveling herself; wearing the dress and makeup, she left her hair down as in to hide some of her skin. Mina was waiting there with other girl who would be there with her to accompany to people, who knows, who they would be and most importantly how old they would be.

 

She was sending hard glares at mina who was busy explaining them about the people in there and how to please them an all to which she didn't thought was important for her. She would be glad to be thrown Out of there any time.

 

'just wait, after this I'm going to ask for 2 months worth salary from you' data though

 

Mina led them to the door, sending a one last glance at her back making sure girls were ready. Dara took a deep breath, chin up and chest out. She placed her hands in front as a polite gesture and nodded at mina. Three of them walked inside, and stopped by the door, in front of men, this is when they would select the girl they want to accompany them. And it would have been exciting if the men were any good looking but after a short glance at them it seems like it doesn’t matter who choose her; because both are fugly.

 

-

 

Ten minutes and she was already feeling exhausted with all fake giggles and petting him. She turned to her left only to find the other girl who came in with her was all settled; doing her job precisely. ‘She is experienced’ 

She tried copying her moves; looked lovingly at the man ‘ugh with this face, all you can do is puke’. Caressing his arms or placing a hand on his, is not even slightly easy for her.

 

The guy she was with was maybe, in his mid 30's or even older.  He was so fat that even the buttons of his grey worn-out shirt having difficulties to hold together. Looking at his out of the blue giggles like a teenage girl was indicating that he is a goner.

But now observing both the men, it doesn’t seem like they can afford this luxury. Maybe it was sponsored by the man they were meeting, well she just hopes he come here a bit early coz this fugly man sitting beside her was having way too much fun with this lottery and she is having a bad feeling about it. Hiding her disgust she tried her best to smile and be flirting with him. 'Double salary, Double salary' she chanted it like a mantra hoping that it’ll help.

 

It was not her first time in the VIP room escorting someone though. She was part of it before also and after that she decided not to do again but after coming out and eyeing the envelop full of money in her hand; she had second thoughts.  The shining green paper blinded her from distinguish between the wrong and right; but it’s not all wrong though, it's not like she was doing something illegal or offensive. And to add on that note, the guy she was with was decent, polite and he had manners.

 

Dara filled his glass for him and leaned back with elegance, crossing her legs made the dress scoot up making the guy even happier at the sight. She rolled her eyes with a sigh. ‘ert’

 

He dropped his left hand behind her on the sofa, pressing their sides together. dara tried to hold her gasp, don’t want to be seen a weak in front of him, which he might misunderstood as an act and try to pounce at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter