"before break-up" couple

the fluctuating couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

dara stormed in the headquarters “where is he?” her voice bloomed through the entire room. She was beyond furious and lack of sleep to mind how bizarre she was looking. All the guys who were present in the room stare back at her and exchange looks among themselves. They all tried to avoid making eye contact and spread around like bunch of chickens.

 

 No need for introduction of jiyong’s girlfriend. Dara was like everyday visitor to the headquarters and even everyone liked her. With her presence everything looked normal. And the way she talks back to their boss, the respect for her increased among the members. They get the chance to hang out with someone different from their line of work and seeing her always made them smile forgetting their entire ‘fight and kill’ motto. 

 

Her innocence and laugh would literally turn the whole place with flowers and butterflies, but today was little different, she was walking around with a fire around her; face with ‘no ’ written on it. Dara stretched her neck to its fullest to spot that particular face but no, he wasn’t there, ‘jiyong , now you ignore me’ she though. ‘He really had the guts to breakup with me on a text and didn’t even have the courtesy to face me.’ She felt lost, abounded.

 

Just yesterday nigh she received the text from him after she came out from the shower; wanting to break up. At first she thought that he was teasing her about her little whining earlier day but that can’t be the reason, it doesn’t make sense. After that when she called back his phone was turned off. She tried again and again but nothing came; entire night she pulled off assuring herself ‘something must have gone wrong, or he mistakenly sent the text, or someone pranked her using his phone.’ After frying her head the whole night; she decided to directly talk to him face-to-face. What happened, they had small quarrel but that wasn’t too serious, yeah she mentioned about the Jeju incident but she was only teasing him.

 

She ran around checking each and every place, conference room, gym, basement, every door she opened she was greeted with disappointment, jiyong was nowhere to fond. Upon giving up, She slumped down on her knees, tears streaming down her face, now even the last words “why jiyong, why are you torturing me like this” she mumbled. What went wrong? It was going on smoothly after the incident; she made sure that it won’t affect them but then why.

 

Jiyong was in his car watching the footage of dara’s shaking back in his car. He is really hiding from her; with a sigh he threw the tab on beside his chair; starting up his car in with roar he dash out, running the car in full speed. He couldn’t even describe he was feeling right now. No one would possibly think his decision as a valid one and he don’t care either, what matter most is his dara will be safe from harm, from him. no matter how cliché it sound or how dramatic the situation is, he don’t want to take any chance with her life. ‘Yes, he is scared; the great kwon jiyong is scared of losing his girlfriend’. Actually he wanted to think about it for some more time but don’t know what suddenly got into him.  ‘Maybe it’s the ‘regret’ stage.’

 

Daesung who was quietly sitting beside him turned over at his friends, all exchanged look with each other as if pointing at each other to break the ice. He grabbed the handle above his head with all strength; the way he was driving, the last stop is going to be the hospital.

 

Seunghyun left a sigh, everyone in the company was shocked to hear about their break up; knowing that how they were so in love with each other and how jiyong treated dara as his first priority, they never imagined it to be turn out this way. But Seunghyun out of all knew where he is coming from; he doesn’t actually blame him to make the decision, putting himself in that place, the thought was inevitable. They both had talk this over a beer, other day, jiyong asked for his opinion as a big brother and his previous experience he said he would support jiyong with whatever the final decision he would take.

 

He is the exact person who would tell you how it feels when you are miles away from her, not able to do anything but hear her scream your name over a phone. It’s a pure torture and he would swear to god that no one needs experience it.

 

Seunghyun ignored the curious young ones and turned away towards the window staring out. He remembered the time when they were in jeju.

 

**

Seunghyun POV

 

We were on our way to attend a party thrown by the ally in jeju, all the members from different country will be their; that’ll be a great opportunity to increase our connections. Jiyong only bought his trusted men with him; he wanted to keep the security to dara. The miles difference in between them made him insecure and restless; even though knowing at least 20 of his guards will be there around her; reporting him in every 40 minutes was not enough for him, love sickness’ I roll my eyes at him if you love her so much why go fighting every time you talk.

 

Just before they were leaving to jeju, dara was whining to him to take her with his, the poor girl was trying to convince this idiot from the day he mentioned his trip but how the cold hearted he was; he plainly said no. and now he didn’t even text her back when we reached safely ‘this attitude I say’  

 

Today is the D day, we all were busy making sure his security was in place; you see not everyone respect our boss, and these kinds of parties are best to sneak in the weapon with the intention of killing. Seungri’s phone rang, as he was the only one who was busy playing game on his phone.

 

“hello” that was the first and last word he spoke, his face turned pale; without further ado he handed his phone to jiyong; Who took it with frown and annoyance ‘who is it, and can’t you see I’m busy one call’.

 

Everyone turned silent after seeing, how their face turned sour, after the call; and it made them more curious.

Seungri made the driver to turn around ignoring out questions. Something happened; something serious to make these two acts like this.  I eyed the panda, maybe some clue I get. “what, are you going to die in seven days?” I said with the plain face which he responded with his plan face. Huff my humor is beyond your brain capacity.

When he didn’t answered I tried again, “oh, is that ella girl got pregnant or something?” speak up panda or the next one will be the blast.

 

“worse, dara is kidnapped” the moment he said all three of us turned still, totally shock. He didn’t explain any further. Well, it really is the worse than getting the ‘seven days’ call. The thought of dara being held by someone was scary, even for us. Now what we can only imagine is how jiyong is handling it.

 

All of us turned to jiyong at the same time. He was quietly listening to the call but with every passing minute his nostril was flaring with deep breaths he was taking to not burst out in flames. Really, really pissed.

 

 “and WHATT THE F@&$K YOU GUYS WERE DOING AT THAT TIME?” with that I can only pray the guy on other side to rest in peace. This is what he was afraid of all the time; even if he had the best men in his team he can’t fully trust them with her safety. And today, finally the thing happened, what he was more scared of.

 

We reached our hotel and started to pack our stuff; returning back to Seoul with the first flight. Jiyong was still on the phone, looking like hell. Within only twenty minutes we left for airport, the early the better. There was a thick tension in the air; no one wanted to say anything, anything that might trigger him. At a moment we can’t do much, until we reach Seoul.  

 

And knowing jiyong, I think he rather handle it himself than anyone else. After he hung up he kept on eyeing his phone. Earlier, just before we learned about the dara’s abduction he received a call from her phone and assuming that she is going to whine about the usual stuff like how she miss him, and how she hates him for not taking her with him’ he cut her call without a second thought.

 

Others tried to talk to him, to get some information out of him but he didn’t spoke much; only some orders he gave like drive to airport, make a call to backup, try finding dara’s location. It was understandable actually, so after that I ordered everyone not to press on the matter and let the guy have his space, he must be struggling to himself.

 

Everyone was in a mess; dara was like a little sister to us, and that news shaken up everyone. Even thinking about ‘how must have she got kidnapped or who can be behind this’, was too much. We boarded on a private jet waiting for us; I took a sit beside jiyong ignoring the uproar at the back. His phone rang again and not even wasting a second he opened the text came from the technical team, they have tracked dara’s location using her phone location until it was turned off.

 

I glance over his shoulder; ‘blue moon motel’ after reading it I glance up at jiyong, to be specific a love motel, hidden after couple of alleys, small and free of any records keeping.  Well, whoever is behind this abduction is surely going to see hell.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter