Dreams PT1

Wenrene One Shots

Joohyun's POV

Tell me about your dreams," she said, while looking at the vast midnight sky full of scintillating stars and blown up wishes.

 

I looked at her with unfeigned admiration, as I memorized every part of her face. I can't believe such beautiful masterpiece do exist in a generation where there's no Picasso, nor Van Gogh.


I smiled despite the uncontrolled commotion inside my chest. I tried to reminisce everything and sought for what my heart desires - but only one thing came out of my mouth.

 

"I want to get married!" I said, and after a minute, I was shocked at the sudden thought.


I waited for seungwan to laugh her heart out and tell me how ridiculous my dream is, but she didn't. She looked at me with those pair of luminous eyes and hugged me tight, like I'm something she can't let go of.

 

"Tell me more."


Feeling the warmth of her touch, my heart started to beat so fast like it was about to come out from its weak rib cage.


I love this feeling; fast heartbeats, warm hugs in a very cold evening, lovely stares, and how the stars became witnesses of how we suddenly fell in love with each other that night.

As I continued to tell her my dream, I can't help but dream of it together with her


"I want to get married. But i don't want it to be extravagant or too sophisticated. Knowing that your wife married you for love is more than enough to feel the happiness of that ocassion. I want a family. I want to cook breakfast for my children and send them to school, and teach them a lot of good things that I used to learn by myself. I want to iron my wife's uniform because I know she finds it hard to do so. I want to fill my home with so much love and tenderness. I want something to take care of, like it is my own life. I want to love them whole heartedly and see them grow up as fine men and women. I want to see them succeed and do things that they really want to do. I want to see them build their own family, and I want them to build it like the way we did. I want to see my family grow bigger and stronger. And 50 years later, I want to sit next to her and read her stories, and we'll both know that our love never grew old. I want to spend the rest of my life, showering my love to those who gave me so much to remember. I want a treasure that will last a lifetime."


Tears came running down my face that it almost looked like my eyes are sparkling under the broken street light.


I knew, that night, it was the only thing that I want. I will beg for the universe to let me have it.


"What about you?" I said as I tried to tighten the hug.


Shs cupped my face and stared at me like I'm both the whirlwind and the hurricane that wrecked his whole world - but a walking catastrophe worth dying for.


"I want to be with you and fulfill your dreams. That's all I want, please let me have it," she said and kissed me - hard.


That was 30 years ago, now I'm sitting next to her and reading her stories that she'll no longer hear. I'm sitting next to her grave, asking her where did she go after that night and told her I waited for her to fulfill those dreams with me.


Little did I know that she already met her nightmare that crestfallen evening - in heaven, alone.


"You left me alone"