Rivalry

Wenrene One Shots

Wendy's POV


I was so nervous and can't think of anything, my hands were sweating so bad and my heart is beating so fast as for my mind whose spacing out somewhere out there, i need to focused on the match but i just can't help but to worry and worry.

 

 

"do you want to win so bad?" I asked her while we are at the side of the pool and she looked at me.

 

 

"yes, but it in right way, don't pretend you're weak ok?" She said laughing softly and i just smiled, but truthfully, im nervous.

 

"of course" i said to her as she was waving her feet to the waters. I find it really cute, so i did what she did and waved my feet in the waters

 

 

"i wanted to win so bad"

 

she said making me to look at her.

 

 

"my father said winning will always be in our family, losers go to trash"

 

 

she added but i wasn't shocked afterall, it's obvious cause she always win the game. We are cutted off when someone yelled out us to leave.

 

"hey, wendy" someone tap my shoulder, waking me up from my taught. i was shocked at first but then i realize that  it was joy.

 

"im sorry what?" I asked her scrathing my neck looking at her with confused look plastered in my face

 

 

"nevermind, are you ok?"

She asked at me seating in the bench beside me. Im definitely not, but i don't want her too worry, the last time she got worried at me just makes my headaches.

 

"yea sure" i said smiling widely at her trying to hide the lie in my smile and my manager saved me from the doubtful look on her face.

 

 

"the food is here!!"

 

Joy hurriedly left me behind. running into my manager where the food was. i just shake my head at her attitude, kinda childish but yet cute. She loves to eat just like yeri.

I looked down at my feet, reminiscing what joy told me earlier.

 

"you should win this time,  do it for our mother sake before she dies" 

 

the words that keeps on lingering in my mind  closed my eyes and my fist tightly trying to get more air, is earth getting more poor since i had been having a hard time to get some air.

 

 

"im sorry irene"

 

i whispered at myself. I felt hot waters in my eyes that was falling so i quickly whipe it off before joy see me crying and she will just shout telling the whole word that i was crying because she will raised her voice.
 

The stadium starts to be filled with a gigantic mass of people making me to be more nervous. I think there were over 25k people, i really can't remember since im so busy spacing out. With my heart beating fast, i was taken aback when someone knocked my head making me to be pissed off.

 

 

"yah!" I shouted as soon as i turned my self to the two satans. she just laughed at me. It's joy and she's with yeri, i don't even know where the heck yeri came frin suddenly popped in here! this two being together is the worst!

 

 

"calm down unnie~" yeri said in aegyo but i just look at her with disgust look at my face.

 

"i can't calm down if the two of you were the things i always see"

 

i said to them harshly as the two acted that they got hurt to much making, the facial expression on their face got me laughing hard. They started to laughed together helping me a bit to removed some of my worry and my nervousness of what might be the outcome of this.

Evryone starts to get out of their different room showing ourselves to the crowd as they get wild shouting for their favourite swimmer.

 

 

"Irene-ssi!!" Someone shouted so loud making the girl beside me to laugh at the loudness of the voice so she waved at them making the crowd more wild.
     

                    

"3..." 

 

"i wanted to win so bad"

 

 

 

a voice starts to tell me.

 

 

"2..."
 

 

 

"my father said winning will always be in our family while the losers go to trash"

 

 

i bit my lips. Closing my eyes tightly

 

.

"1..."
 

 

 

 

"you should win this time, this time do it for our mother sake before she dies"

 

 

"im so sorry" i whispered.  i hear the loud whistle, making me to jump in the water as i felt their were tears again in my eyes.

 

 

 

"congrats wendy unnie!" Yeri approched me with a hug, i don't know how to feel. Happy? Sad? Worried? Proud?

 

"e-eomma will be proud" joy stuttered. she was crying, i just shuffled her hair as we hug each other. She must be so happy, while im so confused on how i will react or to feel.

 

"will you hold this trophy?" I asked yeri and she just nod. Handiling to her the trophy and she makes those stupid sound when she got shocked that the trophy is shiny seeing how it can be a mirror, reflecting her face. She even told to joy who had the same reaction when she saw how shiny it was. I  hurriedly went to her as soon as possible.

 

 

holding the door knob feeling these all types of emotion making me crazy. I was about to open it up when i heard a girl sobbing, it was so loud and clear in my ears. It was the most saddest thing ive heard to the point that it can break my heart. I grab the knob tightly closing my eyes breathing heavily, opening the door showing herself.

 

 

our eyes met each other, their are different emotions in her eyes but the most thing that i can see is filled with sadness making me to feel guilty.

"I-irene"

 

i walked into her but she moves farther away

 

 

"stop right there!!"

 

Irene shouted at me, she looks mad this time. It's my fault. I can still see the dried up tears in her cheeks wanting to whipe it off but don't have the confidence to do so.

 

 

"don't go near me!"

 

Irene shouted, newly tears fell on her face white and porcelain skin. I looked down at my feet, seeing her like this makes me broke, why?

 

"i don't want to see you anymore"

 

 

the word she said, hurt her own feeling as well. she really doesn't want that to happen. But seing her makes her feel a complete failure.

 

 

"b-but--" i stuttered my word and she shouted again.

 

 

 

"i hate you!"

 

 

A simple words that had triggered me so deep, my world suddenly, my vission is getting blurry again. i taught i was blind but i realize it's the tears from my eyes

I looked up at her, locking her eyes into mine, if stares can melt, she would have melted right away. The pupils of her eyes went big, indicating that she got shocked  when she saw me cried infront of her, coz i never did.

 

"so this is want you want?" I asked bitterly, faking a laugh. the madness in her eyes fades and starts to be filled with guilt.

 

 

"then fine! Damn irene!"

I cussed as tears keeps on falling from my eyes,  i turned around slamming  the door making a loud noise and hurriedly headed to joy and yeri.

 

 

"give me the trophy" i ordered to yeri trying my best to be calm and so that she can't see my face.

 

 

"did you cry?"

 

Yeri asked making joy to turn her gaze at us, before things happened, i steal the trophy in her hands and quickly went back to go to where i was earlier pulling the door knob opening it, going inside, raising the thropy infront of her.

 

 

"is this what you want?" I said bitterly as she was looking down. Feeling all the angered wrapped in me, I walked closely to her, pulling her in wall and starts to pinned her using my two hands leaning on the wall.

 

"you told me you hate me"

 

 

laughing at the words, acting like it was the best thing she said at me which is the opposite.

 

 

 

"but you know what?"

 

 

 

Looking at her eyes deeply that she might drowned so she looked away.

 

 

 

" i love you"

 

 

i whispered softly as i smiled at her. A bitter smile.  She starts to look at my eyes, this time i saw pain in her eyes. it was full of pain. 

 

"i--" cutting her words off giving her a deep passionate kiss, it was the most sweetest thing yet somehow had bitter taste. I felt that there were already tears falling from our eyes. Moving inches away as i touch her hands and handed her the trophy.

 

 

 

"here, seems like you wanted to win so bad"

 

 


i said to her as i turned my back at her, every walk i take feels like eternity.


                                

"eomma!!~" joy and yeri quickly run towards our mother planting kisses in her forehead.

 

 

"eomma, have you watch the news?!" Yeri asked with full of energy, it's just normal for her to have such energy since they both eat sweet candies earlier, they even bickers in the grocery store we went, fighting over the candies they wanted to buy.

 

 

 

"Wendy unnie win the match!"

Joy added making my mother to looked at me with a proud looked on her face, i saw their were also tears in it.



"aigoo eomma, don't cry" i said as i saw her reactions helping me a little bit to be ok. Atleast even for a bit. I hurriedly went to her whiping the tears from her eyes.

 

 

"joy and yeri, whould you mind to go out for a minute?"

 

The two of them obeyed leaving me and my mother. After some split second she started the conversatioj even though she is having a hard time to speak since their were sone things that were connected on her nostrils and such things.

 

"im so proud of my seungwan" hugging me, it's been years since i received her warmth, i was 8 years old back then when she gave me a hug of a loving mother.

 

 

"mom, don't call me seungwan it's sounded like a boy's name"

 

i said pouting like a kid gaining a laugher from her, making me to smile when i realize i made her laughed. Their was a moment of silence when my mother weren done singing until she break the silence.

 

 

"is there something wrong my dear? You do have a problem don't you?" She asked at me making me to be shocked but covered it with laugh as i always do.

 

 

 

"me? Im happy"  smiling widely but she is my mother and she will know it if there were something wrong or not.

 

 

"if you are then why those two are the one who told me about your achievement? When you achieve something, you usually wanted to be the one to tell it to me so you'll get mad at the two. But this time you just stared at your younger sister, bragging about the things you achieve"

 

 

mom explained. Im hooked. I started to look away and can't say a single word, she was right, she was perfectly right. i felt water again in my eyes so i look up the ceiling so that it wouldn't fall but it was all useless.

 

 

"aigoo my baby" when she said that to me and she gave me a hug making me to close my eyes. The hug of the mother whom you needed when you felt so down this warmth that can help you even a lil bit

 

 

"i have a friend mom, she was also my rival, she told me that she wanted to win so bad coz her father never accept losers in their family. But i was so eager to win that im so sure that im going to win because the fight is for you. And as i expected i win but in exchange she don't want to see me, mom"

 

 

 

Explaining to her while sobbing, something inside me is thorning apart. I guess it was my weak heart again.

 

"she told me she hated me mom, she hated me"

 

saying all my rants to her and that words still lingers in my mind stucked in there forever keep on replaying what she said in my mind like one of those catchy song repeating on your mind.

 

 

"but mom..."

 

 

 

i love her" i said as i held onto her much more tight. Those hand my hair makes me to feel comfort and safe.

 

 

"you did the right thing my dear" she said as i move inches away looking at her.

 

 

 

 

"but the wrong thing you do is when you leave her behind"

 

my mother said making me to be confused, what does she means?

 

 

"she only wanted to win because she's afraid" my mom explained to me.

 

 

 

afraid of what?" I asked as i whipe my tears.

 

 

 

"she's afraid to be judge by his own father, she was also afraid to what will other says to her since she got a lot of fans"

 

my mother explained making a light bulb pop in my head, proccessing everything and my mind whose doing a good jib functioning. why am i so dumb? I didn't even realize that. I was taken a back and didn't realize i look foolish when i heard a camera snapped.

 

"HAHAHAHA" joy and yeri starts to laugh hard looking at the pictures. I just rolled my eyes at them.

 

 

"err, delete that" i shouted as i stand up but gives up too easily.

 

"nevermind, take care of mother ok?" I said as they both hummed hugging our mother making me to smile at the sight as i closed the door.

I droved as fast as i can, i already went to her house to check her there but the maid said that she is not in their house. Where the heck she had been? I asked myself roaming to street, she must been really scared to his father.

 

 

"urgh!" beeping annoyingly as it was so traffic, but i saw a familiar girl figure. Her body proportion and how she tied up her hair im sure it's her, my heart starts to feel itchy and such so i parked the car somewhere as i hurriedly went to where she was, but she's not there anymore.

 

 

"irene?" I asked as i stuttered, it was so dark in here but i just keep on looking around, gosh, there's a lot of trees, is this a mini forest? I keep on walking and find myself adoring the view.

 

 

"w-woah"

 

 

 

i said can't believe what did my eyes just see inside this place, am i dreaming or what? Is this real?  Their were trees everywhere but the most awesome is the waterfall and the stars above where beautiful but i don't need the stars above when she's already here, looking at her back. Still looks so beautiful.

 

 

I walked to her slowly not making any noise i was about to approach her but i heard her sobbing and whispering to herself. Their was a phone beside her and their were 79 missed call from her father and her friend seulgi.

 

 

"i-im not failure" she said stuttering, making a dug in my heart

 

 

"it's just that i lose the game, am i that dumb now huh?!" She shouted to herself as i looked down. Again, i felt like crying. I can't bear to see her like this. She's not dumb, she's not failure. She's allmost perfect.

 

 

"does losing a game can be bad thing?!"

 

She shouted on top of her lungs but she taught no one can hear her so she keeps on throw all her hates.

 

 

 

 

"i-im not dumb" she said breaking down, tears falling endleslly just like the water flowing from the waterfall down.

 

"im no--" she didn't continue her words when i pulled her to me giving her a kiss. Hearing her gasped but she responded placing her hand at the back of my neck deepening it. A soft one and a better one that i gave her earlier. I suddenly felt the tears in her eyes making me to break in pieces so i place my hands in her cheeks whiping it off not removing the kiss, as  felt her grip on my neck getting more tight. I removed the kiss to catch up for our breathe. looking deeply in her eyes again, and for the second time, the mixed emotions is still there.

"im sorry"

 

i said pulling her again in a tight hug, im kinda worried if she ever hear how loud my heart screams.

 

 

 

"im sorry for leaving you behind" i said to her as i felt my clothes is getting wet because of her tears

 

 

 

"im so sorry Hyun"

 

 

 

i said to her placing  my hand in her hair, her soft black hair.

 

 

"you are not a failure"

 

 

 

i said to her making her to stop a shuddering her shoulders, sniffling.

 

 

 

"you are not dumb"  I added to her as  moving inches away and look at her intently not wanting to look at other things even how beautiful the nature is around me, she's more beautiful than the scenery.

 

 

 

"failures were part of life, if you didn't fail then you can't correct any mistake in your life, so please stop blaming yourself" i don't where did my principle came in but i only know is that i was whiping her tears giving her a genuine smile.

 

 

"a-also..stop crying..."

 

 

 

"Cause..u-uhm.."

 

 

"because i hate it when you cry" 

admitting it making my cheeks flushed red, did i just confess? Looking away at her hearing the most adorable giggled I've heard. I looked at her and saw her smile, she finally smiled! Like winning a money on a lotto. I realize that we are both laughing and there was a silence.

 

 

"im sorry too wannie"

 

 

she said to me breaking the silence that is not even awkward.

 


 

"for what?" I asked at her with frown plastered on my face.

 

 

 

"for getting mad at you and yelling at you" irene said looking down, i smiled but the smiled is a bitter smile.

 

 

"i-it's fine" i stuttered making her to look at me.

 

 

"and.. Uh.." Irene starts to speak gibberish words so i can't understand her. As i remembered, i was the one whose stuttering.

 

 

 

"what?" I laughed at her cute yet funny reaction while her eyes keeps on looking left and right.

 

 

"when i said to you that i hate you.."

 

 

 

 

 

She said still can't look at me, as i saw myself in her eyes, smiling in a very foolish way

 

 

 

 

"i love you too"

 

 

 

she said smiling. An awkward smile, i started to laugh at her, it looks so funny yet cute as usual. Pulling  her to sit at the corner of the waterfall beside me

 

 

 

"i love you more" i said as i can feel that we are both smiling fron ear to ear, hearts beating fast as the waves of water and the chirping of birds were music to my ear, so starts to lean her head at me.

 

 

"so were official" proclaiming it proudly wide grin and she nod making me to shout "yes!" loudly making her to slapped at my shoulder lightly, gaving me her soft laugh i can never get tired of.

 

 

"don't leave me anymore"

 

irene said as i laughed.

 

 

"sir, yes sir!" I said jokingly making her to laugh. She then put her head in my lap, looking at the stars above.

 

 

"aren't they beautiful?" She said focusing on the stars pointing at them. I can see how the pain is removed in her eyes and how it twinkle just like the stars makes me to feel relieved.

 

 

 

"yea, it's so beautiful" i said not looking at the stars above but to her. I think she felt how i stare at her making her to  looked at me with looking like a red tomato, blushing real hard.

 

 

 

"im not a star!" She said while pouting.

 

 

 

"well yes, because you are far more beautiful than those"

 

i said making her to blush harder. She even outstand the nose of rudulp the raindeer causing me giggled.

 

 

"y-yah!"

 

She stuttered. i can't resist her cuteness anymore so i was pinching her cheeks. Not whining about it since she was in silence with smile on her face. I planted a kiss on her forehead.

 

 

 

"i promise, i wouldn't leave you"

 

 

 

i said making her to blush again. Making me to smile.

 

"i will not hurt you"

 

i said planting a kiss on her nose. I feel like her cheeks is burning, it's so reddish.

 

 

 

"such a tease"

 

irene whispered rolling her eyes in annoyance making me to laugh.

 

 

"and i will love you forever"

 

i said with smile on our faces, planting a soft kiss at her and she responded.

 

 

 

 


                             
"mom, i would like you to meet my girlfriend" wendy said proudly.

 

 

"hi mom, im irene, my real name in Bae Joo Hyun, but they call me irene, nice to meet you"

 

 

 

irene said while bowing down, as they take a seat in the grass field.

 

 

"mom, she's the one that i told you, the girl you told me to never leave again" wendy said trying herself not to stutter.

 

 

"she's the girl i cried on to you last night" wendy said as her girlfriend looked at her with worriedness and pain. Just like wendy, she hates seeing her girlfriend looking like this. Wendy starts to sobs as she remember the last night she talked with her mother

 

 

"i still remember your warmth eomma" wendy said she suddenly felt slendered hand wrapping her in a hug, realizing that it was her girlfriend.

 

 

"shh. Babe, don't cry" irene said looking hurt. 

 

 

 

 

"im so sorry hyun-ah" the brunette said whiping her tears trying her best to pull out a smile.

 

 

"but mom, im so dissappointed that you didn't see her" continuing her words, sniffling her nose.

 

 

"i'll always pay you a visit and will remember you always" seungwan said as she whipe her tears that came out.

 

"i love you mom, i know that you are happy above their watching us, and even joy and yeri" wendy said as she hold her girlfriend hands.

 

 

"bye eomma" wendy said as she starts to stands up as they leave her mother's grave.

 

 

 

 

"stop crying seungwannie~" irene said as they get inside the car.

 

 

"sorry, i cant help it" wendy said looking at her girlfriend whose pouting making her to smiled and mess with her hair.

 

"let's go home before joy and yeri gets mad at me" wendy said making irene to nod playfully as they went home.