Chapter Five

Empty Gold

It was a risky move, Yoongi knew – or at least he was sure that the wolf in him was aware of what he was doing, at least to an extent – but he on the fresh wound, ignoring his brother’s yells of surprise and the hands clawing at him, trying to push him away. He could smell Namjoon’s rage – but he didn’t care much, it was his instincts guiding him. Part of him was somehow convinced that by tying their lives together, he would be able to his mate.

He heard a whine coming from Jimin, and suddenly there were tiny fingers wrapped in his pale hair, tugging at the strands gently. A bond was forming between the two of them – and somehow, as sickly and hurt as his little love was, his wolf was begging him to complete it as well.

And thus, Yoongi, tilted his head to the side as he drew his lips away, allowing the omega access to his neck. The wound caused by the smaller was nowhere near as deep – barely darker than any mark of love would have been, but tiny holes of two small fangs stood proud against the flushed flesh of the older.

The others in the room watched with bated breaths, it was far too late to interrupt the two. Seokjin felt sorrow grow in his mind as he realized that soon, he would be losing his brother as well, not just a friend he had cherished when they had been young and knew nothing of the cruel world.

“Idiots.” Taehyung had been asleep until then, but suddenly he was sitting, a scowl marring his face.” Not those two. You all. You really believe everything that happens, right?” he huffed, but watched on, and there was clear worry in his eyes still. His personality was an odd one, from what they had seen so far, and the mated couple were unsure if they should have even tried to put him in place (for he was just a pup really, one that had his life slipping away from him so quick he couldn’t even see. “And by the way, I’m hungry. Seriously, one would think that you think of feeding your hungry sick people but…”

“Taehyung, quiet.” scolded Jimin, who had been lost in a daze, suddenly spoke quietly, still clinging to the alpha that let out a growl each time he dared to even move away. To Seokjin, he looked – better? Healthier, in a way maybe, with a glow to his skin that had not been there before.” Please, excuse me for my brother’s stupidity.” he whispered with a small bow.” He doesn’t know much, and he’s still too young.”

“Your brother?” Seokjin asked, more and more confused with each moment that passed. Something just wasn’t adding up. The two suddenly weren’t acting like they were on the brink of being kissed by darkness – dead, really – but like bickering siblings who had gotten into a fight or two on their way back home.

“Jimin basically raised me. That’s why I’m normal. Well, sort of.” Taehyung explained, but suddenly, there was a certain quietness to his words as if he wasn’t supposed to say the next part.” Look, there’s a lot that we have to tell you, but honestly, I think it’s better if we don’t… not yet. Not to him,” he shot an odd glare at Yoongi, which, weirdly enough, caused Jimin to let out a soft, angry growl, almost as if he was trying to protect his alpha. It was a sweet sight in a way, if a little odd – the omega seemed incredibly sickly still, and despite how he seemed more aware and awake, the healer couldn’t shake away the scent of death that clung to his senses.

“Look, sorry that I don’t like alphas. Out of all people, you should know why.” the last part was a mere whisper coming from the younger and suddenly he was walking outside. Suddenly, it was clear that he was in pain still – he dragged his left leg with a painful limp, and each movement of his needed moments as he gathered his energy. His mind was intact – but his body was nowhere near as alright as he was pretending it to be. Or maybe he wasn’t even, and it was just the wolves who didn’t know him that were completely confused by his presence.

“He’s such a bad pup,” Jimin muttered quietly.” Please, don’t hurt him, alpha,” the next part he spoke was much quieter, and Yoongi’s heart thumped painfully at the tears that gathered in his shaking omega’s eyes. He could now feel the younger’s pain – and his fear as well.

Had Jimin been so willing to hug him, to cuddle him, and to be claimed because he had been afraid? Maybe the alpha had been blind, he had read those signals completely differently from what they really were. Maybe all he had been trying was… protecting his ‘brother’.

The older let out a sigh, his hot breath fanning against the small omega’s mark on his neck – it made him shiver and maybe that was good but even he did not seem to know at that point.” I would never harm any omega, love.” he whispered finally.” He might be a little cheeky, but even as a babe, he was like that. He tugged on my tail with those chubby hands of his…” he groaned at the memory, and something remarkable happened just moments later as wide, dark eyes stared at him in wonder.

Jimin giggled.

The soft, quiet sound slipped off his rosy lips but quickly, his hands were there to be pressed against them, as if he was forbidding himself to show at least an ounce of glee. He quickly cast his eyes downwards, as if he was embarrassed. And just that – his cheeks gained a soft pink colour as well.

Was he shy? Or was it the rules that he had probably been taught since had been a child – to never laugh at an alpha or something stupid like that? Yoongi was confused, for sure, but he swore to hear that soft giggle once more.

It had been too adorable to be only heard once. Gently, with calloused hands – but still so tender over bruised skin – he grabbed his mate chin and tilted it upwards, a grin playing on his lips.” I remember you laughed the same way when he did it. And he was like, a few months old or something. I think he’s just always hated me.”

Jimin bit down on his lips – and now it was clear that he was stifling laughter once more, his eyes crinkling if only for a moment.

The alpha chuckled along as well, and decided that if nothing else, he would try to ignore all the odd things that seemed to be going on, and just enjoy the love of his life, his presence – and the fact that deep there, under all those cuts and bruises, he was the same as he had been all those years ago.

If only there was a way to stop time so that he could treasure moments like that forever…