TWO

Love me, Love me! (Don't hate me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The incident with Sehun seemed to have been forgotten by everyone.

Or well, her friends put up an admirable act at pretending everything was fine but she noticed that neither Xiao nor Baekhyun ever left her alone with Sehun after that. In fact, if there was a chance that Sehun might be in the gathering, either or both would make sure to stay beside her at all times, presumably so she wouldn’t feel uncomfortable with him.

She appreciated that, she really did… except that they were woefully misguided.

Her stupid breakdown seemed to have made Sehun some sort of villain in their eyes, someone who’d in some way hurt her.

Which he had but, like, she was sure it wasn’t intentional. After all, Sehun hadn’t exactly gone out of way to show her he hated her; he’d just decided to act like she didn’t exist. Which was crueler but that was her cross to bear.

She felt bad because she hadn’t meant for her insecurities to cause a rift between friends, which it seemed to have done anyway.

She didn’t know exactly how to convince Baekhyun – who turned into a regular mother hen, given sufficient basis – or Xiao that Sehun hadn’t done anything to warrant the glares they threw his way.

So, she firmly sat them down and told them to quit it.

‘I was just being emotional,’ she explained patiently. ‘You know how I get, I just got sad.’

Xiao exhaled loudly, leaning back; Baekhyun eyed her closely. ‘You’re not lying to protect him, are you?’

May stared at him. ‘What?’

‘He’s not threatening or blackmailing you, is he?’

Now that was offensive. ‘Do I look like someone who’d let anyone blackmail her, Byun Baekhyun?’ she demanded, hands on hips, foot tapping.

‘Er…’ He shook his head, looking unsure.

‘I’m telling you, he didn’t do anything…’

‘But you kept insisting that he hated you.’ Xiao waved her hands around. ‘I thought he’d said something mean to you.’

May sighed. ‘I wish. He doesn’t... never mind. He didn’t say or do anything. Don’t fight with him for no reason.’

Baekhyun let out a relieved sigh. ‘Phew, thanks. I actually liked the guy.’

May shook her head, a fond smile on her lips. ‘Yeah, so don’t go spoiling your friendships for me.’

Xiao smacked her back. ‘You still think he hates you, don't you?’

May didn’t reply, making Xiao roll her eyes. ‘Geez, I don’t know how it got into your head but please, get this through: Sehun doesn’t hate you. I have it on good authority.’

‘Whose?’ May demanded like the good student of science she was. Always check your sources and all that ish.

‘Mine. You’re both my friends; I think I’d notice if one hated the other.’

May made a face, obviously disagreeing but wisely kept quiet. Xiao could turn into a regular lecturer if pissed enough and she was in no mood for lectures after three consecutive classes.

So, she kept her opinion to herself. After all, Xiao may think she had all the authority when it came to her friends but May, being on the receiving end of Sehun’s… well, ignorance since he didn’t bother with anything else, knew she was hated. Or at the very least, unliked.

But that was for her to know because Sehun, for all his ignorance of her awesome personality, was actually an integral part of their group now and she wouldn’t deprive her friends of good company because she wasn’t selfish.

…………………………………………….

Things fell into a routine. 

Baekhyun and Xiao became friends with Sehun again; the rest of their group never had an issue with him to begin with and so, they joked around with him and laughed with him and received those cute little eye smiles and lispy greetings from him while May walked around with the sting of rejection.

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter