Secret 30

My Secret Warrior

 

 

Throughout the whole day, Daehyun had been staring, glancing and looking at you to go and talk to you but it seemed to be hard for him to do so because he couldn’t even get himself to be near you.

As for you, you were thinking for hours either to go to him or let him come to you first. But it got you nervous because it seemed like he didn’t have a plan to be doing so. Must you take the move first?

But if you went to him, what were you going to say? It would be embarrassing if you would only be frozen like an ice in front of him and it made you look silly. It felt whimsical if you went to him and demand him an explanation all of sudden. Or should you ‘hi’ him?

Your minds started to calculate a few things. First one—you came to him and threw him a bored face before muttering the word, “Explain!” but you shook your head at that thought. That wasn’t you at all so it’d be lots better if you wouldn’t do so.

Second option—you walked to his table and dragged him to the back of the class and pushed him onto the wall just like how a badass would do then you would pop your chewing gum in front of his face and smirked at him before telling him to explain, “Jung Daehyun, you better tell me the whole things if you don’t want to face the consequences.”

You face-palmed at the idea. How more ridiculous could you be? How could you think of such strange stuffs that even yourself knew you wouldn’t be doing, not even for once. Maybe you should just face him and—

“Explain to me now!”

“Han Jinae?”

You opened one of your eyelids before opening them opened as your eyes widened. You were pointing your index finger at the teacher. Oh hell. Just what did you do? Your cheeks blushed rosy pink when you noticed your classmates were laughing at you.

“Are you okay?” the teacher asked you with a confused face.

You tried to give your sincerest smile at her, “O-Of course I am. It’s just that I can’t understand this topic much so can you please explain once again?” you made an excuse.

The teacher smiled at you and nodded her head, “Oh sure. I’ll explain about it again. I hope you’ll listen well and understand.”

“Y-Yes,” you stuttered as you formed your signature smile to your classmates; implying that you were sorry.

The teacher went to explain about the topic once again and you pretended to be focused when you were actually not.

‘Focus, Jinae. Keep calm and focus in class,’ you reminded yourself but couldn’t help to give yourself a smack in mind.

 

/

 

School was over for the day and you found yourself walking next to Eunji; who had been missing in class today.

“Finally appeared once school is over? Cool much, Park Eunji,” you sarcastically said.

“Don’t be like this, princess. You know how busy I am, right,” she batted her eyelashes at you.

You shoved her away with a smile, “Whatever then,” but then you remembered something as you looked at Eunji.

“I’m sorry for my actions in these few days. I know I’ve been such a terrible friend, right? I’m sorry for everything I did. I brought you into my problem when you did nothing wrong,” you sincerely apologized as you held her hands.

Eunji smiled widely, showing her dimples as she gripped your hands tighter, “I can’t blame you for that, Jinae. I guess I can understand why you act such away. Don’t worry, I’m alright with it. And I think I should apologize to you as well so I’m sorry, friend.”

“You don’t have anything to apologize for, Eunji,” you said.

She shook her head, “No. I’ve made a mistake to you. And that’s—” before she could continue, a voice called out for your name.

“Han Jinae!”

Both heads turned to the raspy voice. Shock was shown on Eunji’s face but you stayed calm.

“Hey, Baek,” you smiled at the guy.

The guy a.k.a. Byun Baekhyun gave you a tiny smile and Eunji, “Am I disturbing your best friends’ moment?”

Eunji couldn’t say anything at the time because this was like the first time she had ever since Byun Baekhyun became this friendly.

“Maybe?” you answered playfully to his question.

He laughed in an amiable way at your answer, “Do you want to go with me?” he asked suddenly.

“Where to?” you asked back.

“Walking together, enjoying the nature, chattering casually and having bubble teas?” he suggested.

“Fine with me since I’ve been so unstable nowadays so I think I need some fun but before you want to take me out with you, you need to ask this honoured lady beside me,” you pointed him to Eunji.

He looked at Eunji who hadn’t been saying a word before turning back at you, “That’d easy! Watch me.”

“I am,” you told him as you looked at him with big eyes.

“Hey there, Park Eunji. Haven’t seen you in awhile. So here’s a thing, I’m going to have a walk with your pretty friend over here and I guess she’ll only agree if you say yes to me so how about if you say yes right now pretty please with Yongguk on top?”

Eunji; who was still dazed over the whole situation could only nod her head, “Yes.”

You looked at Eunji with bewildered eyes. Did your best friend over there just say yes to a guy named Byun Baekhyun?

Baekhyun smiled in delight, “Your friend has agreed so let’s start our journey now!” he said as he pulled your hand to be swaying together in sync with you.

“Hey wait!” you yelped but then laughed when you noticed how fun it was to be doing such motions. You looked back to the frozen Eunji and could only wave your hands at her as you signed her that you would text her.

“Why don’t you ride your motorcycle today?” you inquired.

“Because I know you don’t like it,” he replied and looked at you with a smile.

“Whoa. Are you studying me, Baek?”

“Perhaps.”

 

/

 

It was so much fun to be with Baekhyun that day. He was so much different from the earlier days you saw him that you wondered what actually happened to Byun Baekhyun.

He took you to a coffee shop and now the both of you were having ice creams. You noticed that Baekhyun had been constantly glanced back as he’d smirk.

“Is there anything at our back that you can’t stop turning your head, Mr. Byun?” you lightly scowled.

“Maybe,” he answered nonchalantly, “And it’s not Byun, it’s Jung for you,” he corrected and you realized his tone was higher when he mentioned the Jung thing.

You felt weird with what he said but waved it away since you didn’t even want to know. But then, speaking of Jung, it made your mind unconsciously thought of him; Jung Daehyun. You realized it was a perfect opportunity to ask him about it.

“You see, I’ve been wondering to ask you this one thing,” you began as you bit your lips.

“And what’s that thing?” he turned his gaze at you.

“Do you remember our first encounter? The moment when your friends and should I say including you disturbed me and a masked boy saved me?”

Baekhyun had a small smile on his face as he nodded, “Of course I do. Why?”

“You know about that masked boy, is he—”

“Whoa whoa whoa. Look at who do we have here,” a pair of hands was clapping in a hypocritical way.

Your jaw dropped when you looked at a group of boys in front you and Baekhyun. Out of anywhere and anytime, why here and now when you didn’t even expect their appearance? What was this? A surprising people show? Cool because you were totally astonished.

Baekhyun grew cautious at those boys. He quickly took you to hide behind him, “What is your freaking business here?”

“That girl. Hey there, pretty. It’s been a long time, ain’t it? Do you still remember this godly-gorgeous face?” the guy smirked as his friends laughed like it was the funniest thing ever.

The boys made their ways towards Baekhyun and you as Baekhyun had to step back to prevent any harm. But then, you sensed another appearance behind you.

"You think it's fun to mess with my girl?"

 

 

 

 

 

Been a long time ever since the last update. Enjoy!