Secret 26

My Secret Warrior

 

 

The next tomorrow, you were so worried when Daehyun didn’t show up at school. Your feeling wasn’t at ease at all. You couldn’t pay attention to what the teachers were teaching. You also did bad in your History quiz. And you didn’t smile back at people who smiled at you. In total conclusion, you were not being the usual you at that day. Your mind was thinking of Daehyun, Daehyun, Daehyun and Daehyun.

Eunji noticed this foreign behaviour of yours. Later she realised it was because you were thinking too much of Daehyun. She smiled secretively to see a worried you since you rarely felt so concern over someone else until you couldn’t give your concentration in class. She actually got a text message from Daehyun; telling that he was already home. But Eunji didn’t tell you about that because Daehyun told her not to.

“Daehyun still didn’t text you or anything?” You asked Eunji after the school was dismissed.

Eunji shook her head as she bit her lips. “Nope. But my guts tell me he’s okay.”

You frowned. “Pft. What guts huh? Are you sure he’s going to be okay?” You weren’t satisfied with Eunji’s answer.

She rolled her eyes to see you worrying too much about Daehyun. “I know him very well, Han Jinae. We’ve been friends like years already. This had happened a lot though.”

You widened your eyes. “Happened a lot? Your job is seriously dangerous.”

“But it’s fun!” Eunji grinned innocently with her statement.

You just shook your head. There’s nothing fun about beating up people and got beaten up by people. It’s scary; very scary.

“By the way, I can’t drop you home today because I got jobs to do. I need to go now. Call your driver right away, okay?” She reminded.

You just nodded your head nonchalantly. “Bye!” Eunji waved at you before speeding off her motorbike. “Bye...” You waved back but Eunji had been gone.

You took out your phone and were about to punch in your driver’s number before a loud vroom was heard in front of you. You glanced at the biker and frowned. You didn’t like the way that he had been gaining attention from the other students.

But suddenly the biker took off his helmet which earned him squeals from the girls’ students. You glanced at the biker and you gasped when he suddenly winked at you while wiggling his fingers; signalling you to hop in his bike. But what shocked you more were the bandages on his pretty face. But you kept in mind to ask about that later.

As you strode towards Baekhyun, you heard whispers and murmurs from the students around.

“Our princess is finally having a boyfriend?”         “How much cuter can her boyfriend get? Oh my God I’m melting like an ice cream!”       “Seems like Jinae loves the bad boy type, isn’t she?”               “Lucky bastard to have Han Jinae. I’ve been dying to get her.”            “I thought her boyfriend rides a convertible car. But wow, you can see that she isn’t picky in choosing boyfriend right!”

As more talks started to fill among the students, you quickly hopped in Baekhyun’s bike. Your face turned crimson in colour when you heard what they were talking about as you took a helmet from Baekhyun. Before you could wear your helmet properly, Baekhyun already sped off which made you quickly wrapped your arms around his waist.

“Byun Baekhyun!” You yelled his name out loud as you slapped his back lightly.

Baekhyun just chuckled when you did that. “Scared huh? Then hold tight, I’ll make you feel like you’re riding with Valentino Rossi.” He smiled; more to a smirk.

“Don’t you even dare, Baekhyun. No don’t!” You tightened your hug on his waist as you closed your eyes.

He slightly hissed when you tightened your wrap. He suddenly regretted telling you to hold tight onto him. His wounds didn’t heal yet; well it didn’t even get better from last night but he just held in the pain since he didn’t want you to see his painful face. He didn’t want to look weak in front of you, just never even though he was about to die, he still wanted to look like a warrior in front of you but that was just too bad for him since you already had a warrior in your heart and that won’t never be him.

Finally, after you felt like you were about to die from a motorbike accident, Baekhyun stopped his bike. You took a small peek on where were you and you realised it was a mall before opening your eyes fully.

You hopped off of the bike and were about to stumble down but thankfully Baekhyun got to catch you in a matter of time. Even though he was injured, his fast reflexes didn’t change a bit.

You massaged your temples lightly. “What a ride.”

“You okay?” Baekhyun asked, concerned.

“What do you expect?” You shot as he laughed lightly.

“Expecting you to say okay but apparently you didn’t.” He smiled, oh-the-so-innocently.

“Just whatever, Baekkie.” You shook your dizzy head, which made you even dizzier than before.

Baekhyun caught what you just accidentally called him. “Baek-what?”

You looked at him, puzzled. He just made you feeling dizzy and dizzier. “Baek-what, what?”

“The one you called me earlier.” He still wanted you to admit and repeat back what you called him.

“Baekhyun?” You gave him a look.

He did so too. “Nope. The one you said before I asked you Baek-what?”

“I don’t remember any of Baek-blank I said!” You grew frustrated when he still didn’t give up about the Baek-what question.

“Think and remember.” He said coolly.

You rolled your eyes. You started to think about your conversation with Baekhyun but you couldn’t think of anything. *Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun, Baekbaek, Baek percent... Well that’s just ridiculous.*

You gave an annoyed look at Baekhyun as his eyebrow rose up. You grew more fed up of seeing his reaction. “This is annoying me, Baekkie.” You said before your eyes widened at the last word you said.

He pointed his index finger at you with a smile. “That’s it. Baekkie. What on earth is that, Han Jinae?”

You didn’t know what to answer to his question since you didn’t even know why did you call him as Baekkie. A smile suddenly lit up your face. “But still, Baekkie is a cute name and suits you very well!” You giggled.

“You’re kidding, aren’t you?” He snorted.

“It’s really cute!” You defended as you slapped his back; kind of hard.

Baekhyun cringed immediately; yeah another fast reflex of him when your slap was right on where he was injured.

You bit your lips to see his cringed. “I’m sorry. Was it too much hurtful? And may I ask?”

“Obviously you’ve just done that.” He smiled playfully as you rolled your eyes. “Baekkie please.” He nodded his head at you. “Go on.”

You hesitated at first but still asked afterwards, “You had a fight last night?”

He looked at you with an emotionless face of him. His smile gone and was replaced with his usual expression; the expressionless and cold Baekhyun. Since you were the one who asked him, he still answered you. “As you can see on my face.” He shrugged.

“With Daehyun?” You carefully asked as you looked at his smoky eyes.

He looked stunned for awhile. “How do you know?” He asked with wide eyes.

Your lips turned into a firm line. “Well, I just knew. Umm, you okay?”

Baekhyun slightly nodded. “I guess I’ll get better soon. Umm, you’re not angry?” He asked again.

You were confused with his question. “Why should I be angry?” You questioned him back.

“I thought you have some special thingy with Daehyun? So maybe you want to slap me or whatever.” You laughed when you heard that. “We’re just friends, just like you and me. And I have no right to slap you or whatever. Actually, I’m angry with the both of you. I don’t get it why you guys always fight each other. Can’t you guys just stop this stupid rivalry and be nice to each other?” Your tone was serious and firm.

“We can’t ever be on a good term, Jinae-ssi. We just can’t.” Baekhyun sighed. *There are a lot of things which required us not to be good to each other. Especially since we love the same girl.*

“Why? I know you guys can! What’s so hard of being nice? It hurts me to see you being injured like this. I wonder how Daehyun’s condition though.” You let out an angry sigh.

“It’s hard, Jinae. It won’t be easy for the both of us.” *We ing hate each other. And we’re even competing to win your heart. Who’s in the world will be nice towards their enemy? * Baekhyun yelled in his mind.

“Can’t you guys try to sort things out? I know that I’m just an outsider, but this totally feels wrong. I'm not sure what exactly happens among the both of you, but please, just stop this,” it was like you were pleading to Baekhyun. Yes, you didn’t want Daehyun to suffer. You wanted Daehyun to be happy. You wanted him to be a nice gentleman Daehyun, not someone who always fought people. He was your only reason. This was all about Jung Daehyun.

“Are you saying this for our sake or just, Daehyun’s?” As if Baekhyun could read your mind, he asked sharply.

Your eyes grew huge at his question and you started to doubt your own self. Were you doing this for Daehyun? “I-I don’t know.” You answered as you looked down. You could feel Baekhyun’s disappointment.

“I’ve expected this. You love him, don’t you?” Baekhyun continued asking questions which suffocated you.

“H-Him?” You let out a squeaky voice because of shock.

“Jung Daehyun. I mean, you do love Jung Daehyun, right?”

You chuckled awkwardly to hide your nervousness. “W-What are you t-talking about?” Your eyes wandered around nervously. You loved Daehyun? As in Jung Daehyun?