Secret 11

My Secret Warrior

 

[Listen]

 

 

“Where are you going after this?” Daehyun asked you once the both of you were back in Seoul.

You looked at him , baffled with his question. “Home, of course. Why are you asking?”

Daehyun slightly nodded. “Nothing, just feel like asking.”

“Ah is that so? Okay.” You replied with a shrug.

“Do you want me to walk you home?” Daehyun asked again.

You were shocked with his question. *Why is him being so nice of all sudden?* It amused you. “Are you willing to?” You saw him nodded to your question.

“What about you? Are you going somewhere after this?” You could see his face changed when you asked that.

“Err… Well, I’m going to my friends’ house. I’m not in my mood to be home.” Daehyun answered. *The thing is , which friends can I rely on?* Daehyun thought while biting his lips.

You and Daehyun continued to walk until your mansion was seen by you. “This is my home!” You happily said to Daehyun.

Daehyun looked at your mansion—as almost the same size as his. He looked at you who seemed to be worried.

“Are you worrying about something?” He was being concerned.

“I wonder how will I face my stepmother though.” You sighed.

“You shouldn’t be worrying about her. Just face her, okay?” You smiled to Daehyun when he said that to you. It was nothing special but you could feel yourself was encouraged by his words.

“Thank you for everything , Daehyun-ssi. I wonder how can I face today if it wasn’t for you.” You sincerely thanked him.

“Don’t be. I did everything sincerely for you. I’m actually glad that you think I helped you that much.” Your heart was accelerating when you heard his voice said those to you. You really wanted to hug him so bad at that moment.

“I’ll take my leave now. Have a nice day.” Daehyun bowed at you and left you. He smiled when he saw you were waving at him.

*How I wish I have the braveness to kiss his cheeks. Oh no! What am I thinking?!* You softly knocked your head.

As Daehyun was out of your sight, you stepped inside with a warm smile on your face. Your smile vanished as you sighted your stepmother was standing in front of you with her hands were on her chest.

“Where were you the whole day?” She asked with arrogance in her voice.

Your eyes flit nervously. “Err… I was visiting mum’s grave in Pusan.” You answered honestly.

Your stepmother laughed hysterically. “Liar! Now you dare to lie on me huh?!” She suddenly pulled your ear which made you shrieked in pain.

“I’m not! I really visited mum’s grave!” You insisted as you tried to pull away from your stepmother but she was too strong for you.

“I’m not blind yet! You think I didn’t see that blonde boy?! I saw how happy you were with him and you act like some innocent girl in front of him! I saw all of your actions with him! So don’t think that you can fool me! I thought you love your mother that much but it seems like I’m wrong all these times. You lied to me saying that you wanted to visit your dead mother’s grave but what did you actually do? You ran away from home without my permission just for a stupid date with an unknown boy!” Your stepmother continuously spat on you.

“No, it’s not like that! You’re wrong! Don’t just accuse me if you don’t know the truth!” Your voice suddenly became high out of your realization.

Your stepmother narrowed her eyes of hearing your sudden raise tone of voice. “Now you even dare to go against me?! Do you think you’re old enough to raise your voice at me!? Who are you!? You don’t have the right to deny me! Not even anyone!” With that , she raised her right hand up on your face.

Your head was whipped to the side. You were too shocked by that slap since you had never got slapped before, not even your father. You never thought your stepmother would dare to slap you even though she always hurt you but her hand was never on your face.

You looked at your stepmother as your eyes started to watered. She was smirking, a satisfied smirk.

“You slapped me…” You said like a whisper.

“Yes, I just slapped you. Why? You sounded like you want another slap huh? Well , I’d like to give one, but I’m a good mother , I wouldn’t dare to hit you more, darling.” She your red cheek but you pushed her hands away.

“Tsk. You’re one pathetic girl, you know that? As a punishment for you, you’re grounded for a month. You can’t go anywhere except for school. You have to be home right after school but if you don’t, just wait for another punishment. You’re staying home and only home for a month, you got me?!” Your stepmother hissed and walked past you but didn’t forget to bump your shoulder roughly.

You sighed. *Why is this happening to me? Locked in this mansion for a month, seriously? What a torture.*

You walked to your room and had shower after a long tiring day. Suddenly you remembered about your phone. You took out your phone from your bag.

You turned the phone on after a day of letting your phone in off mode. You received many texts and there were all from Eunji and the operator.

You scrolled down one by one of the texts.

Princess, are you stuck in traffic jam?

Do you want me to pick you? There is still 10 minutes before school starts so I think I can pick you up from the place you are now.

5 minutes left, JinAe. Are you still sleeping?

Aren’t you coming to school?

Why don’t you reply my texts?

You’re worrying me. Are you coming or not?

School started already.

Are you going to be very late today?

Something’s wrong with your car?

You’re not involved in any accident, right?

Are you okay?

Does that do something to you?

HAN JINAE!

And there were still a lot of texts followed after. As you opened your call log, there were tens of missed calls from Eunji and three from your house’s butler.

You dialed Eunji’s number. After a few rings, the call was answered.

“Eunji-ah…”

“JinAe? JinAe as in Han JinAe?! Oh my God, where had you been for the whole day! You don’t even reply any single text from me or even answer my calls. I was freaking worried and it’s about 10 pm now, you just called me?! I searched for you everywhere! From your favorite restaurant, our hangout places, I even went to your house but I still didn’t find you! I feel so useless as a friend for not knowing where were you. I won’t stop blaming myself if something happened to you. Do you know how surprised am I by your sudden disappearance?!” Eunji shouted on the line.

You suddenly felt so guilty towards Eunji. You appreciated her effort a lot but at the same time you felt like a burden to her.

“I’m sorry.” You apologized guiltily.

There was a sigh from Eunji. “At least I know that you’re safe now. What happened? Where were you? Tell me, I want to know everything.” Eunji required.

“It’s my late mum’s birthday today. So I went to visit her grave in Busan today. I switched my phone off for the whole day. I’m sorry that I forgot to leave you a message. I totally forgot because I was so sad.” You told her. But you didn’t tell her the part when you met Daehyun and spent time with him. You also left out the part of getting slapped by your stepmother.

“Ah! How can I forget it?! Gosh I must hadn’t check the date today. But still, I’m glad that you’re safe, JinAe-ah.” You could sense Eunji was smiling on the phone.

“It’s okay. Hmm yeah, at least I’m safe and sound. Nothing to be worry—”

“Hey wait. Someone’s coming. I want to check who is it. I’ll call you back later, okay?” Eunji said to you in a whispering voice and abruptly ended the call.

You looked on your phone and sighed. *I hope that someone won’t hurt Eunji though.* You suddenly felt worry for Eunji’s safety.

 

 

C > O > M > M > E > N > T.