Secret 16

My Secret Warrior

 

[Listen]

 

 

Eunji and Daehyun were at home, watching the television like they always did during the middle school time. They watched a funny cartoon series as Eunji kept on laughing hard yet Daehyun’s face didn’t bug at all. He wasn’t interested in the childish cartoon.

“Aren’t you growing up, Park Eunji? Watching the same stupid cartoon over the years. You’re such a genius on wasting your time.” Daehyun retorted, annoyed by the cartoon.

Eunji still had her wide smile. “You don’t want to watch it? Then why don’t you make dinner for us instead of complaining over my all-time favorite cartoon?” Eunji tried to act cute in front of Daehyun by blinking her big eyes a few times.

Daehyun was pissed by any types of cuteness. No cutesy things were allowed in front of Jung Daehyun!

“Forget it. I’m going out.” He was about to get up before Eunji purposely tackled his leg as he almost fell down from the tackle.

“What was that for?! Are you trying to pick a fight with me? Sorry but you know my motto, I don’t hurt girls.” Daehyun outraged.

Eunji grimaced. “Chill. I was just kidding about it. Why so serious?” She questioned him.

Daehyun got up from his seat. Luckily this time Eunji didn’t tackle him again. “Fine.” He shortly said as he grabbed his sweater that he put near the table and was about to take a step.

“Where are you going?” Eunji asked him in a disapproving voice.

“I’m going to anywhere that I want to.” Daehyun answered without noticing Eunji’s change of reaction.

“But…”

Eunji didn’t get to finish her sentence as someone was knocking on her door. The knock sounded light and she abruptly knew it wasn’t any attacker.

Daehyun was alert by the sudden knock. “Stay there.” He motioned Eunji to stay still on her current spot.

Eunji nodded. Daehyun warily made his steps towards the door. He was worried that his father already found him.

Carefully and slowly, Daehyun turned the doorknob as the door was opened, revealing a familiar girl in front of him.

Daehyun was too stunned by her sudden appearance. His heartbeat went faster by the minutes as he looked at the smiling girl.

“Err—Is Eunji home?” You asked when Daehyun was still quiet.

“Huh? Eunji? Oh sure, she’s home. Y-You can go in.” Daehyun scooted away to give some space for you.

You stopped and looked at him with your round eyes. “Are you going out?”

“Ah? Err—I was picking up my sweater just now so yeah.” Daehyun knew the reason that he stated sounded stupid but he couldn’t think of anything at that time.

You smiled at his answer and went straight to Eunji.

“Wow! You actually come!” Eunji grinned and hugged you like she hadn’t been seeing you in decades.

“I sneaked out with my maid’s help since my stepmother has a function tonight. But I should be home before 11.” You told Eunji as the tall girl nodded her head.

“Have you prepared the dinner?” You asked her.

Eunji rubbed the back of her head. “Actually, not yet. I was too busy—”

“Laughing over the stupid cartoon series.” Daehyun finished it for her as Eunji gave him her infamous glare.

You shook your head but still smiled. “I should have known you better.” You said and walked to the kitchen.

As you opened the fridge, you felt like having electric shock. It was merely sodas, mineral waters and a few fruits. *How can two persons’ live actually depends on soda and some fruits?!*

You closed the fridge. You walked with a sigh. As you were about to open the door, Eunji came and asked you in a shocking voice.

“Are you going home already?! What’s wrong?! Is that home?! I’m sorry, JinAe-ah! I hope you won’t be grounded for a year after this!” She threw bombard questions to you.

You blinked but then good-naturedly laughed. “I’m not going home. I want to go to the supermarket, you silly.” You made a funny face.

“Why?” That was what Eunji could ask you. She was relieved that your stepmother wasn’t home yet. She didn’t want you to suffer more. Being grounded for a month was already a hell for you.

“Go look in your fridge. What do you expect me to cook for dinner with fruits?” You mockingly asked her.

“Didn’t you check the cabinet? I put the ramen in there.” Eunji innocently told you.

“Ramen for dinner isn’t something so rightful to do.” Daehyun interjected.

“That was what I used to eat before and even now. Your presence won’t change anything, Jung Daehyun. You’ll still eat ramen every day.” Eunji wiggled her eyebrows at Daehyun.

“But for tonight, I’ll cook special dishes for you so I’m going to the supermarket now to buy some foods to cook.” You walked out to the door but a hand grabbed your wrist.

You looked up to find Daehyun’s hopeful eyes. “Let me accompany you. It’s dangerous for you to walk alone. It’s almost 8 now, I don’t think this area is safe for you to be alone besides you’ll be carrying a lot of stuffs later.” Daehyun explained.

You couldn’t say no to his offer as you nodded your head. “Sure.” You said in a very slow voice.

“Then I guess I’ll stay home and take a nap!” Eunji exclaimed happily.

“No. Make sure to prepare the table well.” Daehyun warned before closing the door.

“Okay!” Eunji waved even she knew you and Daehyun didn’t see her.

Eunji glanced around before she jumped onto the couch and shut her eyes tight as she fell into a slumber.

 

==

 

 

You and Daehyun finally arrived at the nearby market after 15 minutes of walking in an awkward situation. Luckily for Daehyun, the walk wasn’t really awkward since he’d tried to find any random topics to talk with you. You were about to take a trolley but a hand already pulled the trolley for you.

“You pick the stuffs and I’ll push the trolley.” You nodded on Daehyun’s instruction.

He didn’t push the trolley near with you which made you felt a bit of disappointment. You wanted him to push the trolley beside you so people would think the both of you as a couple. You immediately shook off the nonsense thought in your mind.

You were too busy on looking on everything and fastened your steps to get away from Daehyun, sulking. As you were about to make another step, your forehead collided on someone’s jaw as you almost fell down on the floor but thanks to his fast reflexes, you felt arms were around your slender waist.

You looked up to meet a pair of eyes with thick eyeliners. You gulped for a second as you realized that you had seen those eyes before.

“Byun Baekhyun, what the is happening?!”

A voice shouted from behind as Baekhyun immediately released you. You awkwardly coughed and looked at the boy.

He was a tall boy with huge eyes. You knew him too. And before you knew it, four other came near you. You mind slowly made recognition on the six handsome males. Your heart was palpitated. You were too scared of the risk that they might hurt you again.

*I’m willing to have met that Block B here instead of them. At least I know their leader got a crush on me and it’ll be a guarantee that he won’t hurt me, probably.* You thought as you bit your lips nervously.

Baekhyun suddenly stepped towards you which made you felt like running away. Before you could do what your mind told, a pair of protective arms was lingered around your waist. You looked up to find Daehyun was looking fiercely at the six boys. You suddenly felt safe but your heartbeat still won’t slow down yet it was beating faster than before.

“Jung Daehyun, out of many places, I never think that we’ll actually meet here after you stepped your feet out from my house. I should feel happy that we actually met, right?” Baekhyun was now in front of you and Daehyun with s.

You didn’t dare to look at them as your eyes were focused on Daehyun’s shirt.

“Girlfriend, huh?” Baekhyun asked in a mocking voice as he pointed at you.

You could feel Daehyun tightened his grip on your waist. You wondered what would Daehyun answered Baekhyun’s question.

“She is my girlfriend.”

The four words made you felt like losing control. Your cheeks were burning red on Daehyun’s answer.

“Liar. Jung Daehyun that I knew would never get himself a girlfriend. He is forever alone.” Chanyeol said and laughed with the other five boys as Baekhyun smirked a little.

Baekhyun’s smirk despised you. You hated his smirk. And you knew Daehyun was too. You could feel angriness was wrapping over Daehyun.

“Shut the off, Park Chanyeol! You don’t know anything about me. You only know how to girls. Shame on you.” Daehyun spat.

“Tsk. How can a pretty girl like you fall for this homeless bastard?” Kai chuckled cynically as he looked at you when you finally turned your look on them.

“I’m sorry but my boyfriend is actually living with me and don’t ever call him a bastard because he isn’t one, but you guys are.” You bravely said.

You could see Exo was having a shock from your answer. Even Baekhyun was shocked himself but then he smirked. Daehyun looked at you and stunned by how you were standing up and facing Exo.

But then you fidgeted again only if Exo hurt you and Daehyun because of your sentence. You didn’t want them to fight. Daehyun was alone as Exo was six, you knew you couldn’t beat them up. You couldn’t think of anything of that time so you immediately grabbed Daehyun’s arms.

“Oppa, just leave these idiots. We don’t have any problem with them besides we should prepare for our dinner by now. Let’s pay for the stuffs and go home.” You pretended to beg Daehyun cutely.

Daehyun smiled, it wasn’t a fake smile. “Okay babe. Let’s go.” He still didn’t let go of his arms on you as the both of you left Exo.

Sehun was the first to speak up. “I thought that scumbag doesn’t know how to smile all this time. . He actually smiled.”

The other Exo nodded to what the youngest said.

Baekhyun hid his smile. *Feisty girl, I’ll make sure that you’ll be mine soon. I don’t need hard work to destroy Daehyun in once.*

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun made an appearance BD

Comment c;