CHAPTER FIVE ~ MEETING THE VAMPIRES

Finding My Way To You

CHAPTER FIVE

MEETING THE VAMPIRES

We're on the run for a few hours and the sky looks like thunder and lightning are making their entrance, because the sky looks very dark now. Ji Yeon fell asleep on my lap and I look outside. It's quiet in the carriage, because everyone looks outside and fear is shown in each of their faces. I honestly don't know this area, so I don't know it someone lives here or not. I can see a few houses, so I assume some people live here. I also have heard people talking about some supernatural creatures which serve as servants of Satan, but I don't know if these actually exist.

Then, the carriage comes to a stop and Ji Yeon shoots up and is immediately awake.

''My excuses Your Majesty, but the wheels of the carriage are stuck and I can't make the carriage go foreward or backwards.'' the coachman says and we look at each other in fear, even I am scared now.

''That means we have to stay here in the area and we have to try to find a place to stay, I hope we can find something.'' my dad says and we get out of the carriage. I look around me and my heart beats faster in fear. I take a great look at the area and it's like there is barely energy here, as it's dead here. Or would those creatures live here? Those creatures where everyone talks about.

''Can I help you?'' a voice asks, making me startle. I then look around me to see a boy standing in front of me who is about my age. I take a step closer to him and I look at him. Just before I can answer, the boy starts to smile and bows.

''Your Majesty, it's an honor to have you here. But may I ask what the reason is why you're here?'' the boy stands up straight again and looks at me with a faint smile.

''We're on the run, because my people have declared war against my father. My mother has been murdered by the citizens already and they are trying to murder my father aswell.'' I explain to him and the boy nods.

When the boy blinks, his eyes turned red and my eyes widen. It's true that these creatures exist, they exist. But I wanna know how dangerous they actually are.

~*~

The boy bows shortly again and looks at the rest of my family, who look at him in fear.

''We won't hurt you, I swear to God. You can stay with us for how long you like, we have enough space for everyone of the royal family at home. And I'm not sure if you know this or not, but vampires live in this area and we are vampires. But yet again, we won't hurt you.'' the boy says and I look at my dad, who nods in agreement. It's still scary for me with these vampires around, but I'll try to trust this boy.

''And may I ask what your name is?'' Ji Seul asks and the boy giggles shortly.

''Oh, how stupid of me not to introduce myself. My name is Hakyeon.'' the boy answers Ji Seul's question and walks with me to the carriage, where my dad and the coachman are taking out our stuff out of the carriage. I have noticed already that Hakyeon loves to be around me, but I decide to ignore that.

''I'd like to invite you to come with me to the house of me and my clan. The clan and I will make sure you at least can stay here safely, I'm sure that the clan tell you that it's such an honor to stay with us.'' Hakyeon says shortly after we're done with collecting out stuff. I pick up my stuff and I feel Hakyeon's hand on my shoulder, making me look up to him.

''Would you like to walk with me? I'd love to have a little talk with you about everything, even about your studies abroad.'' Hakyeon says and I nod, making Hakyeon smile. Vampires like Hakyeon aren't running behind the facts, because Hakyeon knows where he is talking about. And as soon as everyone is ready, we're ready to follow Hakyeon. It still feels so cold here, but I guess it's this area that's causing it to be so cold here.

''So if I'm right, you studied abroad for 6 years?'' Hakyeon asks and I nod.

''That's right, I have studied in the United Kingdom for 6 years. Honestly, I needed to be abroad. Because I have lived as an average person for the 6 years that I was abroad.'' I tell Hakyeon and he listens carefully as soon as I tell him about everything.

~*~

On our way to Hakyeon's place, Hakyeon and I talk about everything. Even about my position as the heir to the throne.

''Us vampires like to follow the news about you and your family and like your people, we also can't wait for you to be the new king. But compared to your people, we are more patient.'' Hakyeon tells me and I think of everything to compare it with each other. Are vampires really that patient? I don't know, because I don't know their kind well. 

Hakyeon wraps his hand around my wrist and I look at his hand, while shivers run down my spine. Geez, this hand is cold as heck.

''But I have to be very honest with you now... I have liked you ever since you were little and I have wondered a lot if it was right to like a human prince like you, because your rank is higher than mine and your people hate my kind. They rather burn us.'' Hakyeon tells me and sighs. Vampires should be seen as an awful kind, but I can't say Hakyeon is awful. I need to see how Hakyeon actually is like, because he might be different than what he showed us here.

''I don't want to reject you because of this confession, I think it's cute.'' I tell him and Hakyeon sighs out of relief. I want to keep Hakyeon on a safe distance, because Hakyeon is from a kind that is described as deadly.

Hakyeon lets go of my wrist and hooks in my arm. Well, Hakyeon at least has manners to flirt with me.

~*~

After a walk of an hour, we arrive at a huge mansion. I am surprised by the fact that vampires own a mansion and I'm not the only one who thinks so, because I hear Ji Seul gasp.

''Well Your Majesty? What do you think?'' Hakyeon asks and looks at me. I look at Hakyeon and I see a smile on his face, as if he knows that I like this place.

''It's not something I would have expected to be owned by vampires, I am impressed. But it looks gorgeous.'' I admit and I look at my dad, who is impressed aswell because he doesn't say a word. Ji Yeon squeals when she sees this mansion and is constantly saying how much she loves it. Hakyeon opens the door as soon as we made it to the door and let us go in. Then, it's me who has to say to him that he can come in. I'm surprised by the fact that I have to invite him in and not Hakyeon himself or my dad, but I learned by now that vampires have to be invited in.

Immediately after Hakyeon has entered the mansion, three vampires make their way to us and Ji Yeon starts to cry. Poor girl, she is way too frightened right now. Ji Yeon raises her arms towards my dad and my dad picks her up, before Ji Yeon burries her face into his neck.

''Gentlemen, may I introduce you to the Jung family? The heir to the throne has explained to me ,on our way here, that they're on the run after the queen was killed and after the citizens have declared war against the family to demand the king to crown his oldest son as the new king. And may I introduce you ,Your Majesty, to the other vampires in my clan? Their names are Wonshik, Hongbin and Minki, but Minki rather wants to be called Ren.'' Hakyeon explains and the three vampires bow, before I do the same and my family follows shortly after.

''Oh my, it's an honor to have you here and to meet you. As Hakyeon might've told you, we won't hurt you and we will do everything to make your stay a bit pleasant.'' Ren steps foreward and bows again. At least I'm not the only male here with long hair, because Ren is like me. Except for the fact that his hair is blonde and put up into a ponytail.

Hakyeon suggests to the three vampires to help us and carry our stuff to the rooms and to my surprise, the three vampires do as Hakyeon suggested them to do. In the mean time, Hakyeon has taken me with him to the big dining room for a little chat. He wants to talk about things with just me and not having the others around.

''But be honest with me Your Majesty, how does this entire situation make you feel? I assume you must feel overwhelmed.'' Hakyeon says and I nod when I look at him. Tears fill my eyes, but I bite my lip to fight back the tears. Hakyeon sees me fighting against the tears and places a hand on my shoulder, making clear to me that I can let go my tears. I do as he told me to do and I let the tears stream down my face, while Hakyeon carefully places a hand on my hand.

''I-I indeed feel overwhelmed by this situation. You know, I just returned from my studies abroad and then this is the situation I need to deal with.'' I explain while I stutter and Hakyeon wraps his arms around me. Even though he isn't allowed to do that, Hakyeon doesn't care right now and neither do I. Hakyeon rubs over my back and I ignore his hands being cold.

''Your Majesty, I hope that you can let go of that here. I want you to take some rest here, because you can't go on if you are overwhelmed by the emotions. So maybe it's the best for you if you stay here for a longer time, because your people need a king who has everything under control and your emotions are a part of that too.'' Hakyeon says and my head rests against his chest, much to Hakyeon's pleasure. Maybe Hakyeon is right, maybe it's better if I stay here for a long time. I have suffered so much and I have kept all of my emotions inside.

''Maybe you are right Hakyeon, maybe it's better if I don't return anytime soon. I don't care whether my dad likes it or not, but I think it's better. Just like you said.'' I tell Hakyeon and I feel him smile whenever his chin rests on my head. Hakyeon might be a vampire, but I don't care at this moment. As long as Hakyeon doesn't attack me, I'm okay with him coming closer to me.

~*~

A/N I have written an extra part for this chapter, just because I had more in mind than I could write in my notebook. But I hope that you guys like this chapter.