Chapter 5

Imperfect

Jimin's POV

For a long while I sat there, peacefully taking in the serene surroundings of the halcyon palace garden and the majestic night sky.

I watched as a tiny brook flowed gently though the garden, and the cherry blossoms on the tall dark tree seemed to almost glow against the contrast of the night sky and the silhouette of the obscure branches, and I watched the endless stars glittered so flawlessly within the dark ocean in which they swam.

I listened, so very closely that even the faintest of whispers where now audible to me, I heard the crickets as they sung effortlessly their lullaby softly easing the slumbering world, my own steady heart beat, and somehow I could here the stars twinkling, like millions of tiny bells ringing in perfect harmony in a grand symphony of stardust strings, almost as thought they were the ones who taught the crickets how to sing.

I felt the cool night breeze jostle my hair.

I felt small in this vast universe.

But, ultimately I felt serenity and peace.

Suddenly a bright light flashed from somewhere within the courtyard. I jolted up, and stood to go investigate. Over the brook and past the cherry blossom, the green grass following closely by my heels, and the wind which was growing significantly stronger, until I had to fight just to keep in my direction.

Step by step I grew closer to my destination, struggling to keep my balance but persevering anyways.

Finally I made it and I was shocked with what played out next.

It was Myong Jihoon, in front something that looked an awful lot like a mirror but instead of my reflection I saw Seoul South Korea, bustling with busy residents. I looked at Jihoon then at the thing, then back at Jihoon. He chuckled nervously.

I opened my mouth to say something but was shushed and told to wait.

"Wait Jimin, don't worry I know what I'm doing! This is for you okay, please don't get mad," he said nervously, and paused looking at me as if waiting for my permission to continue and speak, I nodded slowly I liked Jihoon even though he was extremely clumsy, bad at magic, despite being a sorcerer, irresponsible, and slightly annoying, we made great friends, plus he was shorter than me.

He took a breath and continued, "I found a way I can get you to earth." he said with a tone of deep seriousness which felt unusual, coming from him.

I couldn't find any words and my mouth simply hung open stupidly, instead of verbalizing my thanks, I ran over and hugged the slightly shorter man, trying to hold in the salty blanket trying to escape my eyes.

"Thank you Jihoon." I whispered with a shaking voice, "I can see Y/N again."

Sumi's POV

I cried sheer agony making my body shake, tears streamed down my face and fell onto the cold, hard road, breaking like brittle glass. This was unlike any pain I've ever felt before, yet somehow it was all in my head.

Physically, the creature wasn't quite hurting me besides the jabbing pain in my sides and my slightly scraped knees and hands, physically I was mostly unharmed.

But internally it was as if I was reliving every sorrow that I've ever seen or lived through at once, which was most certainly, the most excruciatingly painful thing I've ever felt.

My body could no longer take it as I collapsed, I lost co trim of my body as the pain engulfing my form. I felt as though my life energy itself was being absorbed. I looked up at the man I had saved, his face horrified and unsure, he was frozen or maybe I was. It was much to hard to tell, the world moved slowly, every sound amplified, every light blinding bright.

Then it all went black and completely eerily silent as if the entire world no longer existed.

•••

I woke up suddenly, the monstrous bug no longer latched to my back. I was appalled, I was no longer on the ground fighting with my turbulent emotions, but instead at a front door that looked all to familiar.

I knew this place but why couldn't I remember it? Somewhere deep in my gut there was this feeling that this place was so significant in my life. I swallowed deeply, staring at the door and everything on it, from the tiny barely noticeable scratches, to the faint finger prints on the knob it all felt like de-javu.

I took in another breath this one more shallow as I suddenly felt the need to open it.

And so I did. But immediately regretted doing so.

Blood.

It was everywhere staining the walls, the carpet the furniture and the two dead bodies lying idly of the ground.

I remembered now, as it all came back, I broke down  in tears, watching my dead mother and little brother lay there so lifelessly on the ground.

I sprinted over and then held the two corpses in my arms not caring about the blood staining my skin and clothes, I just cried hysterically.

For so many years I've wanted to come back to this day and somehow save them, do something, and now I was back, unable to save them, feeling more helpless and pitiful then ever, reliving the dreaded moment vividly, I didn't know how or why I was here, but that was the last thing on my mind.

For the second time in my life I was witnessing the awful murder of my family. This event that had changed my life forever, I was in it once again with returning sorrow and trauma. Even all the years of therapy could never ever heal the open cut, it had left still a tremendous scar, and now, it was as if someone had taken a knife to the scar and made it an open wound once more. 

"I w-wish I could've s-saved you m-mama, and I-I wish that I could've s-seen the strong y-young man I kn-ow you would've g-grown u-up to be Minhyuk..." I sobbed uncontrollably, "I l-love You both s-so much I w-want you back, a-and dad m-misses you guys e-every day, he c-cries so m-much, I d-do too."

Taehyung's POV

I paused, maybe the dramatic Gucci fight in the rain that I've always imagined would never actually happen. I pushed myself off of the rabbit like boy lying on the ground who was just about ready to fight back, and processed the information.

Then it clicked.

Namjoon was gone.

"Namjoon! Bro! Where you at?!?" I tried to shout over the rain which was coming down noticeably harder.

"Guys don't worry I'm here, I found a cave nearby, we can go in and wait out the rain!" He exclaims from a distance.

Everyone let's out a sigh of relief, well, except for Jungkook whose sitting in the dirt arms crossed and scowling.

"You're really just gonna trust them? After everything we've been through?!?" Jungkook asked Y/N furiously.

"Jungkook, I literally met you like two hours ago." Y/N says, "plus I gotta trust them a little they just saved our asses out there." She said gesturing in a random direction. I nodded my head slightly.

Then, Jungkook cut his eyes at me, as if he was evaluating my decency. "Whatever, but I still-"

"What the hell guys I'm waiting!" Namjoon shouted over the younger man on the ground. The three of us jogged over, shivering and soaking.

"Now where is this cave?" I asked

•••

The four of us sat in silence on the hard stone floor of the cave freezing and drained. Y/N was curled up into a ball resting her head on her knees, Jungkook was sprawled out on the ground, as dried mud hardened onto his skin and clothes, Namjoon was pacing nervously and I... well I just sat there cross legged watching them.

"Can't we start a fire?" I asked, breaking the silence that had been looming in the air for nearly fifteen minutes. Namjoon shot me an annoyed look.

"Really?" He asked exasperated. He gestured towards the pouring rain which was quite visible right through the mouth of the cave, "any of the sticks out there would be way to wet to start a fire, and unless you can find a tree in this cave, no. We can not start a fire."

"Fine then." I said standing up and turning on the flashlight in my phone. "C'mon, you're coming with me Y/N."

She looked up, her knees still curled up to her chest.

"Um... I'll pass." She said said curling back into her shivering ball, " also are you sure you're fine without you're jacket?"

"A little cold never hurt anyone." I say proudly. She shrugs, still not looking up, obviously very content in her position. I frowned, Jungkook watched my expression and laughed.

I shined the flashlight in his eyes, he hissed, I smiled proudly. "Well I guess I'll just go... by myself... allllll aloooone." Y/N stood up and sighed hugging my jacket closer to her shaking body, I smiled I knew she would come, don't ask me how, I just did.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to go." She said quickly, running up towards me. Namjoon rolled his eyes, what was his problem today? Jungkook groaned.

"Then I'm coming too." Jungkook said as he levered himself off the ground, dried mud flaking off with every movement, he was starting to look slightly less like a bog monster, but even without the mud his appearance wasn't very different, I swear why was this guy so freakin' possessive though?

"We don't need you though." I popped out.

"Well to bad!" He snapped back.

I sighed.

"Well Namjoon you coming?" I asked.

"I guess this leaves me no choice but to join your cave tree expedition." He said. And with that, the story truly began because we were about to-

"Owe! What was that for Y/N?"

"You aren't supposed to tell the reader that yet!"

"Oh, yeah... hehe"