Chapter 2

Imperfect

Sumi's POV

"Aunt Yoona, I thought Y/N was coming with you?" I probed, trying my very best not to sound as worried as I actually was. It was already past midnight and she still hadn't arrived.

"When I went to pick her up she said she had a few more things from her apartment to grab, and that she would drive herself here... or something." My aunt explained vaguely, reaching down to unpack more of her plentiful clothing. She looked up at me expectantly.

I suppressed a groan, I didn't want to be disrespectful but, I was pretty annoyed, Y/N's own mother didn't seem the least bit worried or anywhere near that.

Throughout Y/N and I's entire childhood I had noticed her complete lack of concern for Y/N and it had always bothered me. Ever since we were little is I remember her passing out very easily, it happened both when she felt stressed or particularly upset, or engaged in any physical activity, her mom never seemed to care the least bit about it, I sighed.

"But you know how awful her navigating skills are, and after she got into that car accident they weren't able to fix her GPS." I couldn't help the whine in my voice as I began to ramble. Her mother shrugged nonchalantly, I sighed.

"I'm going to call her again." Her mother simply ignored. I turned and strode out the room.

The phone buzzed for a long while, then the usual monotonous voice, telling me that the caller was unavailable. I exhaled profoundly, maybe she's driving and I'm just being a dangerous distraction. I paced back and forth biting my nails and occasionally glancing at the clock.

1:15

1:46

2:00

I took in another breath after waiting a long while more once again picking up my phone, logging into LINE.

Hey, Y/N, you weren't answering my calls and it getting really late. I'm just wondering if you're alright.

Delivered at 2:02

After sending the message I walked back to the guest room, finding Y/N's mother laying tranquilly on her bed eating a bag of organic chips and scrolling through her phone.

I cleared my throat, "Aren't you the least bit worried about Y/N?" I asked trying to keep my composure cool.

"Why would I be? She's twenty-three and can handle herself." She explained without much thought, still absorbed in whatever she was doing on her phone.

I was going to spontaneously combust if I stayed in here any longer. I attempted to calm myself and refrain from storming out the room.

I mumbled to myself discontentedly, I was growing more and more concerned, I didn't care anymore it was about time to spam.

Delivered at 2:08

Hey

Delivered at 2:08 

Hi 

Delivered at 2:08

Hello

Delivered at 2:08 

Whats up 

Delivered at 2:09

Answer

Delivered at 2:09

Please

Delivered at 2:09

☹☹☹

Delivered at 2:09

...

Typing

Y/N's POV

I tore through the road as quickly as my legs could possibly take me trying to avoid the building crashing to the ground.

The sound was deafening, I hope no one's in there. A blazing conflagration began, reaching towards the sky. The heat of such a large fire was dizzying, especially on top of my already sweltering and sweaty body.

I breathed out as I watched the display of destruction, the sight making me wince. Precipitously the ground began to shake. I looked down at the earth underneath me as a bulge began to form.

"Stop gawking and start walking!" Jungkook shouted, grabbing my wrist and beginning to race away from the situation. As the ground swelled additional buildings began to crumble and ultimately fall. The road in the center of the protuberance began to crack, something broke free, something huge.

She looked human except that she was as tall as a skyscraper and almost entirely black, aside from her glowing purple pupil-less eyes, and long midnight blue hair that shimmered like the night sky. She wore a deep black dress that matched her inhumanely dark skin, and she was indescribably more frightening than the other creature, who seemed to have just, disappeared.

She was beautiful yet she was the most bloodcurdling thing that I had ever seen in my life. Just the sight of her sent shivers down my spine. Jungkook stopped running momentarily staring at the gargantuan being before him.

"What. The. Hell. Is that." He breathed out. "We have to move Y/N. NOW!"

But, I couldn't I was frozen, in fact I couldn't even find my voice as the giant stared directly at me, her eyes glowing even brighter as she glowered at me with hatred I was unable to understand.

Jungkook groaned, once again slinging me over his shoulders, this time I wasn't complaining, much too tired to; and impressed by the fact that he still had enough energy to carry me.

By now I had no idea where the sleek looking man whom had tried to 'save us' had gone, but I could really use his 'saving' right now.

As if I had just predicted the future a helicopter landed just in front of us, with control freak in the passenger seat and someone else... "You and your girlfriend need to get in." the pilot shouted over the cacophony in the background, he wasn't much older than me, actually he was probably younger, really good looking and he was going to give us ride... yes please.

Seokjin's POV

It was past midnight. A light flashed through my curtains. I rolled the other direction my back now facing the window.

I groaned unable to sleep, the sound of my brother Hoseok playing some stupid video game, was inconsiderately loud.

I grumbled unable to take it, then pushing myself from the ever comfortable mattress, trudged towards his room. I swung the door open turning towards the desk which retained his computer, finding it surprisingly off and my brother absent from his seat. I turned to the bed my eyes meeting the red haired lump under the sheets, he turned, his eyes reflecting the light from the window of our shared apartment.

A crash sounded through the apartment I could feel the ground vibrate beneath me. "Did you hear that?" I questioned panic rising in my voice, which not to mention was usually steady, perfect and... I could go on and on but, that's not the point.

Hoseok sat up straight in is bed, nodding still looking fatigued with wide eyes and disheveled hair. "What is it?" he asked after a gentle yawn.

I shrugged ridiculing his question as I would obviously not know. I reached behind me turning on his room light and walked towards the window reaching out to open the curtains, stunned by what I saw before me.

The city around us was in ruin and a massive woman was in the center of it all. My eyes traced over the toppled building, I swallowed deeply visualizing her knocking down the building my brother and I stood idle in at the moment. "Hoseok you've gotta come see this." I breathed out turning towards him.

"What is it?" he questioned as he walked to the window following my lead. He gasped his mouth hanging loosely as he gaped at the devastation spread across the city we called home, then at the giant standing not so far from ourselves.

He snatched the curtain shutting it as if his life depended on it, which it likely did, "we have to get out of here."

I nodded, "But, first can I change my clothes? These pajamas are not presentable."

Y/N's POV

The view of the city from up high was beautiful, even in this state the remaining buildings glimmered a contrast to the dark, night time landscape. The air up here felt nice, much better than the dizzying flame filled breeze below, I worried for anyone still left in that mess. I listened closely to the two men whispering in the front, looking for clues as to who they were.

"How'd you get here so fast?" The sleek one asked quietly.

"New, Quantum Teleporter," at this point my eyeballs were popping out of my head, what the hell were they talking about? "I was working on it before they locked me up but never got to finish, they let me out a couple weeks ago so I was able to complete it pretty quick. Impressive right?" The pilot explained

"Yeah."

They went on for a while and I was beginning to be fatigued of not understanding what they were chattering about, all I got was that the pilot must be some kind of... delusional prisoner?

"Who are you?" I asked, interrupting their discreet conversation. The two turned to me with looks of disbelief, as if they hadn't thought that I would ask that question.

"Well, I'm afraid that is classified my friends." The pilot responded still looking forwards and out the window. I nodded slowly, somewhat out of it, after everything that had happened today I think I could probably take a month or two of work and practically live on my couch, but I would've willingly done that anytime even before this. It once again grew silent the, resonance of the propellers slicing through the wind became the only audible sound.

"What's, that thing down there?" I asked quietly. He shrugged, "I don't know, I was just about to ask if you and your boyfriend knew."

"Oh, were not dating!" Jungkook and I say in unison, probably a lot louder than we should have.

"I just met this idiot." Jungkook states, motioning towards me.

I scoffed, "says you." I mumbled.

The man seemed to disregard our short feud and continue. "Well, that's good to know." The pilot said making an effort to turn and look at me whilst steering the wheel at his fingertips. I felt my face growing red.

"My name is Taehyung by the way, but you can call me Tae or whatever. Your-" Taehyung was cut off by the sound of something in the engine failing to click properly, an orange glow was now visible on the tail of the vehicle. It was on fire.

The flame was spreading, and the smoke stung my eyes. The two were quick to act.

"Okay we only have two parachutes, one of you rides with me and the other rides with Namjoon." The pilot shouts over the sound of engines struggling, flames crackling, and wind rushing past the struggling vehicle.

My body was in a state of pure shock and terror, as the vehicle began to plunge. Namjoon jumped to the back with impeccable balance, opposed to the helicopter spinning out of control, leaving a thick spiral of smoke in its trail.

"Stand up kid." I watched as Jungkook's cheeks grew red obviously not happy about being called kid by someone not much older than him. Nevertheless Jungkook did as he was told and stood without complaint. Taehyung jumped across as well, no one was steering, well more like attempting to steer anymore, as Namjoon latched the parachute onto himself then, Jungkook.

Taehyung then buckled his own parachute onto himself, he looked at me for a little while, then finally buckled it onto me as well. I swallowed as I felt his body on the back of mine, feeling him tense up as well.

His arms wrapped around my waist lifting me off the ground slightly then waddling towards the door. "Okay, we're about to jump, you ready?" He asked. I only nodded noticing that Namjoon and Jungkook had already jumped. I could even here the younger man cheering as he descended, as if he was riding some kind of crazy amusement park attraction as, I took in a deep breath holding tightly onto his wrist, probably hurting him, but he didn't say anything.

"Three, Two... One!" and with that he leaped from the helicopter, the moment we bounded from it, it plummeted to the ground where a fiery rupture flew from the ground like a flower made of flames.

I shrieked as we fell, unable to even acknowledge what I could have ended up as if we hadn't jumped, and although it wasn't long before he released the actual parachute it felt like hours. The moment he released the parachute he began to speak, "Are you okay?" he asked softly.

"Yeah, I've just had-" I winced a bit as the wind jerked us in the other direction, "Issues with heights since I was a kid."

He nodded, "You don't have to worry I'm right here." He said softly. Once again he wrapped a single arm around my waist his other hand holding one of the bounds for the parachute and let his chin rest on my shoulder. This position made me feel extremely discomforted in the already awkwardly tight bounds of the parachute. He seemed to notice my tension and loosened his grip, taking his chin off my shoulder.

Unconsciously I let out a sigh of relief, and the rest of the float down was silent, that is besides the occasional squeaks that left my lips as we were wrenched in different directions in those moments I found myself holding onto Taehyung tighter and tighter.

The moment I reached the ground I felt like I would collapse as my adrenaline began to wear away. Once I was unbuckled I stumbled towards the nearest tree leaning on it for some support as I felt Jungkook's worried glance dig into my back.

I sighed slumping down and sitting on the forest grass reaching into my back pocket for my phone quite surprised that it was actually still intact. But more surprised by what I was met with on my screen.

419 Messages Sumi:))))

91 Audio Calls Sumi:))))

1 Message Mom

A/N

I just want to thank everyone who has voted commented and read this far, it really means sooo much to me, I love and wish all of you the best of luck 화이팅!!!💖💖💖💖💖