Chapter 1

Imperfect

Y/N POV

I wasn't precisely certain where I was going. In fact I wasn't quite sure where I actually was. I let out a heavy sigh, where had I taken a wrong turn? I swear I had followed the directions exactly.

I glanced at the gas meter as it was running low. I couldn't keep driving forever, and would have to stop eventually, and it wasn't helping that the defective navigation was continuously and unstoppably nagging and pestering me.

I looked out the window, I could barely see anything on the dark country road. But one light stood out to me in the distance. I sighed and pulled over, stepping out of the car and onto the lush emerald grass of the flat farm land all around. I could actually make out a city in the far distance, but there was nothing else around for miles. I had no clue as to how I'd gotten here but I did, and now I had to find my way out.

I could only think of one thing, it seemed as though it was almost luring me for a peculiar reason. I had to do it, my mind was blocking out all the other options, I couldn't even think straight without accepting this disposition.

I would drive to the city until my gas completely ran out then, then walk the rest of the way to get help. Unaware of why this idea was so peculiarly appealing, I shook my head, then stepped back into my vehicle and began once again to drive down the dark road.

I couldn't see anything in front of me as I used the remaining bits of gas left in my tank. 

I jerked back in my seat as I struck something in the road.

"Dang it!" I hissed, hastily striking the brakes. The car squealed at the abrupt stop, as once again I hopped out of the it. I jogged to the front of the vehicle to see what I had hit. Mentally preparing myself for a gory sight I was surprised when I saw that the road was clear. I cocked my head, must be underneath the car. I got down on my hands and knees but I was only met with darkness. "Weird." I mumbled imperceptibly, as I felt an odd chill run down my spine.

Just as I was about to stand back up an obscure creature jumped out from underneath the car. I rolled away just barely dodging its attack aimed at my face. I was on my hands and knees my heart racing, panting and attempting to somewhat catch my breath, a cold sweat breaking out on my forehead but I stayed like that for only a moment.

In mere seconds I was back on my feet, nervously looking about. I didn't see it, maybe It was all just in my hea-.

My thoughts were cut of as the creature jumped at me from out of nowhere I stepped to the side, surprisingly reflexive. I took a breath as I finally got a good look at it, it was bug-like but it was enormous, like what one would imagine a pre-historic bug would look like. It had too many legs, too many to count and its color it was so unusual, unlike most objects the reflect light or have it go right through them this seemed to be so purely black it was mind boggling. It was like staring into a dark void, like it was you in, like it was me in.

I shook my head taking a step back realizing that I had momentarily fell into a daze. I took yet another step back, then another, and I felt as though the thing could sense my great uneasiness. I took one last step backwards then tripped giving it the perfect opportunity to lunge at me. The moment I saw it lean back preparing itself to leap I reached behind me hoping to find something that I could defend myself with. Luckily I did, I didn't quite know what I had grabbed but it felt wooden, and large enough to shield me. I flung out in front of me and just in time too, as I heard its large solid body smack into the wood board.

Its unconscious form landed limply on my leg, I squirmed away in utter disgust. It rolled off as I removed my support, then I sat there for a bit in absolute horror watching it plentiful legs twitch.

I was then taken out of my thoughts as they were interrupted by the sound of shoes clicking against asphalt. I swallowed my repulsion and turned towards the noise staring in disbelief as the figure  straight pass me and jumped into the passenger side of the car. "Get in the car , drive!" he exclaimed, breathily, you could tell that he had been running frantically for a long while as portrayed by his sweaty and tired form. I couldn't help but sit there dumbfounded looking back and forth between the sweaty man in my newly refurbished car and the monstrous creature spasming besides me.

"Do I even fricking know you?" I asked in complete shock, I couldn't help the fact that my mouth hung open a bit, after all there was a sweaty stranger who just invited himself into my car after I fought off some freakish bug.

"No but..."

You cut him off, "I'm not driving some creepy guy around town at past midnight."

"What?!? Me creepy? I always thought I looked pretty fine." I furrowed my eyebrows at his arrogant statement which didn't really have very much to do with the situation to begin with, not acknowledging that it was true, even though it was.

Even so why would I care it's not like I knew him or anything.

He grunted and stepped back out the car walking towards me, I involuntarily took a step back as he rolled his dark doe eyes. I reached in my pocket to grab my phone, then he slung me over his shoulder and walked me towards the driver's side with unexpected strength. "Put me down! ert! Help!" I shouted as I helplessly punched his back.

"Oh please I'm putting you at the steering wheel of your own car." He said as he did in fact plop me down on the driver's seat. He looked down the road, "Dang it they're almost here." He mumbled before sprinting back towards the passenger seat and shutting the door behind him.

"Go! Drive! I don't have a license come on!"

"What, I don't even know who the heck you are!" I retort. He looked out the window seeming to completely disregard my statement. Then I saw his face. He looked extremely disturbed which unconsciously made me turn as well. And to my complete terror I saw before myself an army of giant bugs. 

I slammed my car door shut.

"Go!" the man yelled, and this time I did. 

I pushed the car as hard as it would go pulling far ahead of the creatures after us, but losing all my gas in the process. The car stopped.

"What are you doing?!? Don't stop, DRIVE!"

"We have to run from here."

"What!?!"

"I said I'm out of gas stupid!"

"Oh," he popped his mood oddly changing, "I was thinking we should go towards the city then." He proposed suddenly calm.

"I was thinking that as well." I sighed out a bit confused by his peculiar manner.

"Well then, go!" and with that you started off in a mad dash towards the municipality in the distance.

Namjoon's POV

"What the hell is this?!" I shouted over the voice coms. No one answered. I groaned. I honestly wasn't very used to not knowing what something or someone was, but this new feeling of futility and cluelessness was well, annoying.

I jumped out the way of a black tentacle flying towards my chest. "Don't get involved in this, human." Boomed the creature's loud and obviously agitated voice. But the way she said human, as if she thought our species were disgusting morsels of dirt, which they of course sometimes were, but that's not the point. Plus, besides the fact that she had tentacles instead of legs she looked, quite human to me. She had a long midnight blue crown atop her compactly tied up black hair and wore heavy dark makeup on her eyes and lips.

"I don't have any weapons! Why the frick would you guys send me here without weapons!" I yelled.

Finally someone responded over the two way radio. "We didn't know what we were dealing with it's my fault."

I recognized that voice. "Tae?" I popped momentarily forgetting about the being I was battling.

"Joonie?" The man on the other side of the phone line questioned.

"Yeah its m-" I was once again cut off by a tentacle shooting towards my face, I ducked and rolled away landing in a kneel I stayed there, "me." I finished.

"Long time no see! Or hear... I guess." He chuckled.

"I thought they locked you up because you weren't human." I yelled over the coms, as I sprinted out the reach of getting impaled by giant sharp piece of street for the third time that day.

"They figured that I wasn't a threat, and let me out, as long as I worked for them, which I was already doing so I didn't really care, I guess."

"Well it's great that your back, but this isn't really the time for a reunion. I need weapons department 6 to get me a gun, a big one." I said, a smile growing across my sweaty face.

"Send in weapons department 6, by helicopter, this situation files under emergency." I hear Taehyung shout to someone besides myself. "And Joon, your main priority right now is clearing the civilians from the area."

"What!? I trained under the combat section for 17 years, that's not my job!"

"Sorry buddy, not today."

I over exaggeratedly groaned, just about to leap out the way of the situation, when I heard a creaking sound it was the building it was about to topple. "Crap." I mumbled under my breath, I scanned the area for civilians.

I spotted a man and a woman not much younger than myself running into the area instead of away. I sprinted towards the two figures, only to find them lope right passed me. "Hey, wait! Get away from the area!" I was absolutely appalled as they simply ignored me. "YAH!"

Y/N's POV

I think I surprised the man with my speed and to be honest I was too. He eventually caught up.

"I didn't catch your name." he panted as he ran alongside me.

"Is this really the time to small talk?" I asked exasperatedly, my speech surprisingly steady.

He shrugged, "So, what is it?" he asked looking towards me, he tripped, I grabbed his arm helping him to recover swiftly. "Watch where you're going, and why do you need to know?"

"I don't know, I just thought that would be good manners, and I don't want to call you 'it' or something."

"Y/N"

"Huh?" he popped, tripping again and barely dodging a face plant into the dirt.

"My name, its Y/N."

"Oh."

'Yours?" I asked starting to lose my breath.

"Jungkook." He answered, I hummed in response, then looked behind me, the bugs no longer falling too far behind.

"Well, Jungkook we're going to have to speed it up." Once again you pulled ahead. I was never the fastest person or the most athletic but this was a bit different, I was running ridiculously fast.

"Hey wait! Why the hell are you so freakishly fast? People usually can't out run me!" he called after me trying his very best to catch up. I slowed my pace allowing him to do so.

"We're not that far from the city now, give it your best effort." Jungkook sped up allowing you to hasten your speed as well. Suddenly you were met with herds of people all fleeing in the opposite direction, "Why aren't the freak insects hurting them?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"I don't know, but the better question is what are we running towards?"

You could see Jungkook processing this information in his head, "I think anything is better than going back there." He alleged hesitantly.

"Okay..."

 

 

 

5 minutes later

 

 

 

"WE NEED TO TURN AROUND!" I shouted as I just barely dodged a black tentacle aimed at my abdomen.

"Maybe we can just go around it!" he proposed, "there is no way I'm going back to those freaky bug thingy's"

"Speak for yourself!" I shouted back.

"Your loss!"

"Why are you humans such pests!" the octo-woman-creature hissed.

"Says you." I mumbled. I began to run back to where I had come from, that is until once again I was faced with a mass of atrocious bugs.

"Never mind, I'm coming with you!" I shouted towards Jungkook deciding aloud. I turned heel and began to run towards my newly found acquaintance.

"Hey, wait get away from the area!" another figured immerged, at this point I had already caught up with Jungkook.

"Ignore him, I don't like the police. Just keep going around."

"YAH!" he shouted sounding agitated he obviously didn't enjoy being ignored. I glanced at him, then turned back to Jungkook.

"I don't think he's a police, his uniform is different." I explained.

"Don't care." He replied simply. I shrugged.

"Hey, listen to me, LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!" he sounded like a control freak, he probably was a control freak.

I could hear his footsteps chasing after us, I turned to look.

"I told you to ignore, look away." Jungkook hissed under his breath. I turned away complying with Jungkook's words.

"Look at m-" he was cut off by the noise of the chopper coming down for a landing everyone including the creature looked up at it and in the same moment a loud crack sounded through the air, attention was then turned away from the aerial vehicle. The tower, it was... collapsing.

A/N:

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! Please vote and comment, thank you so much for reading and I hope that I can see you in my future chapters, I plan to update once a week, but I have a packed schedule, so we'll see! HWAEETING and 사랑해!!!💖