Chapter 4

Imperfect

Hoseok's POV

"NoI'mnothyperventilatingI'mjustbreathingatanabnormallyrapidpacecausingalackofcarbondioxideinmybodymakingmewantto-"

"GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!" Jin demanded, dramatically flinging my body back and forth with wide eyes, thereby interrupting my anxious thoughts. I took a few second to regain myself, 'inhale, exhale, inhale, exha-,"

"WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE?!?!? PACK YOU THIIINNNNNGSSSS!"

I jumped as his loud interjections once again interrupted me, I frowned "First of all it's your, not YOU, and second of all why the hell are you so loud!" I snapped back. Jin rolled his eyes.

"That's what I said... and, I CAN YELL AS MUCH AS I WAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNT!"

"SHUT UP!" I heard the neighbor mandate through the thin walls.

"IT"S THE END OF THE FRICKIN WORLD." Jin shouted back pressing his near insane form against the wall, scratch that, his ENTIRELY insane form against the wall. I shook my head and began to stuff my belongings into a black duffel bag.

"Computer hard drive, a week's worth of clothing," I sprinted toward the kitchen grabbed to water bottles from the fridge and my wallet which was lying open on the counter "water bottles, wallet-" then I stopped and picked up the picture on my dresser, It was Jin and I many years ago when our parents were still around taking a family photo, I smiled a bit, "can't forget you."

Jimin's POV

I woke in a cold sweat, breathing rapidly. It was just a dream, I repeated to myself over and over again, although I was unable to believe it. I sat there in the dark paranoid as ever. I looked at the charm bracelet by my bedside that my sister had made me at school, usually holding it gave me comfort but right now it was giving me an eerie feeling in my gut. I put it back and glanced at the time, maybe I would take a walk, and although it was late, I direly needed a break from the winding palace corridors.

I threw my blanket off and stood, changing into something more appropriate for the chilly midnight weather. Quietly I opened the door as I slipped on my shoes, finally I found my way out the dark maze of halls, and surprisingly didn't trip! 

"Oof!"

Never mind, I did trip. 

I tiptoed through the vast entry room every single noise amplified by the sheer size of the place. Eventually I made it out, and looked up at the dark sky above, the stars glittered in a beautiful way, then I looked at the moon, it was full, the one time when our two worlds were the closest.

"Soon my love." I whispered softly.

Jungkook's POV

Great, and now it was raining.

I tried my very best not to throw a tantrum, I am not a baby, I am not a baby, I thought to myself. 

It didn't work.

"YOU ARE JUST SO MEAN, I JUST WANT TO GO TO SLEEP AND HAVE A QUIET NIGHT! I HATE ALL OF YOU! I exclaim, kicking a tree, I yelped in pain, grabbing my foot, and hopping on the other, then lost my balance and fell backwards into the accumulating mud.

"Calm your down Jungkook." a drenched Y/N said standing above me completely soaked, her white T-shirt slowly becoming clear.

Oh crap. 

I momentarily, stopped thinking about my muddy disheveled state, her shirt was clear, stop staring, but I didn't.

"What are you-" she looked down at her shirt, dropped, "Oh my God you !" she shouted as she purposefully kicked a glob of mud into my face.  I guess I did deserve it. 

 Y/N's POV

I watched Jungkook, pretty satisfied as I watched him try to get the mud out of his mouth, only making it worse. But, I felt so... so, exposed.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Taehyung and Namjoon glancing at me. I heard someone swallow loudly.

"Err, do you want my jacket or something, to um... cover yourself m-more?" Taehyung stuttered out.

I happily nodded, reaching out to grab it.

"STOP!" Jungkook shouted, grabbing my attention. I whipped my head towards the boy who was rising from the mud. "don't take that 's jacket, its probably got like some kind of tracking device on it or something!" you frowned, was he being serious? You squinted your eyes attempting to see through the mud and read his expression, he was totally being serious.

"!?!" Taehyung scoffed. " I frickin' saved you from getting crushed by that giant demon lady!"

"Doesn't mean you're not an ." Jungkook mumbled.

"You know what," Taehyung began purposely pausing for emphasis, "I don't pick fights with toddlers."  he said slowly, I refrained from busting into laughter but I couldn't help the small chuckle that left my lips

Jungkook was taken aback, he took in a deep breath, looking just about ready to attack him but didn't, instead he turned to me. "here take my jacket." he said shoving into my face, as he stared Tae down. Suddenly Tae held up his own jacket.

I grabbed Tae's. 

"Thanks." I said towards him.

Jungkook was outraged. But, I mean what did he expect?He just handed me a soiled jacket!

"I don't know why you would try to me give that." I said, gesturing towards the mud covered garment. Jungkook's eyes widened realizing that he did in fact just try to give his jacket, which was wearing a mud jacket of it's own, to me.

I chuckled, i had to admit he was pretty cute as his eyes widened underneath his wet and disheveled hair. But then I looked closer at the jacket itself... 

"T-t-that's Gucci!" I exclaimed. I heard a gasp from Taehyung, which by the way was the loudest gasp I've ever heard in my life.

"Eh, I don't want it anymore." he said, tossing it back into the mud puddle nonchalantly. my mouth dropped.

"B-b-b-but, I..." I stopped appalled, I suddenly understood why Jungkook acted like a spoiled brat. Why you ask, it's simple. Because he was, this boy must be swimming in money every day!

"YOu CaN'T DO ThAt tO GuCCi!!!!!!!" Taehyung cried, falling onto his knees watching in agony as the three thousand dollar jacket laid in a disheveled mess within the mud, "YOU MONSTER!"

Just as Taehyung lunged at Jungkook you noticed something was missing. 

"Where's Namjoon?"

Yoongi's POV

I stood still waiting for the attacker to make the first move, I watched it intently. But, I never would've expected what happened next.

A young woman happily strolled down the alley, whistling as she held her half eaten food, "I knew nothing bad would happen." she said under her breath, then continued to whistle.

She hadn't noticed the creature shrouded in darkness as it turned it's attention away from me.

"Lady, you need to get out of here!"

"Why?" she asked, I quickly hid my dagger so she wouldn't see it.

"Because there's a giant frickin' bug here!" I exclaimed as I realized I didn't quite think this through, she furrowed her brows.

"I don't care." she said with a shrug. Suddenly she looked behind me, freezing as her face went pale and her eyes grew impossibly large. I knew exactly what was behind me but I myself couldn't move. 

Then she dropped her burger and lunged at me, knocking me to the ground, then rolled off.

I was horrified at what I saw next, she was on her hands and knees, the bug latched onto her back, all color drained from her body as she screamed in absolute agony, as tears rolled down to the tip of her nose the dropped to the ground then suddenly she fell to the ground just like that.

This woman that I didn't even know, a stranger, just saved me, suddenly I felt bad about everything that I was, as the woman whimpered on the ground, eyes shut as if she was asleep but, crying in a way I've never heard anyone cry before.