Chapter 3

Imperfect

Yoongi's POV

I popped my neck after I was given the kill I had to make, pulling the black mask over my lips and sharpening my dagger.

"This isn't an easy kill, be wary." the scruffy voice warns

"Hey, look who you're talking to." I whispered the mask covering my growing smirk.

"Just don't get to cocky." The man sighed out. "Do you really want take this one, think about the consequences after taking down such a high profile person."

"The only 'consequences' I'm gonna' take into account is the reward afterwards."

The old man sighed once more beginning to open his mouth again, but I had already bounded off towards my mission.

I climbed up the railing of a few balconies to make it to the roof of the building at a lightning fast speed, then sprinted across its surface only to jump onto another.

I then came to a portion of the city where the traffic was still thick somehow, someone would be bound to notice me if I stuck to the rooftop, so I jumped.

I fell from the 23 story building without a care in the world, I jabbed my dagger into the brick wall which did little to slow my pace, bright sparks flew from between the two objects and onto my dark gloves. I grabbed onto a metal bar, the edge of a ladder not so far away from the ground I would be able to fall without injuring myself in any way. I let go of the rung and dropped the rest of the way down.

Finally my feet connected with the litter covered asphalt lying in the center of the dingy alleyway. I scrunched my nose a bit, the foul stench of trash drifted in the air. I pulled my attention away from the strong odor, twirling my dagger and stuffing into the scabbard that hung from my hip, and began to run deeper into the channel.

I really wasn't usually afraid of much, besides cows, those things are just so creepy, anyways like I was saying, I really wasn't usually afraid of things but this alley way was freaking me out, and it seemed to just wind on forever.

A chill blew though the air, I heard something dash by behind me, I swallowed deeply and whipped around, my hand clasping the hilt of my dagger as my eyes darted around rapidly, I was the world's most deadly assassin, I shouldn't have been afraid, but something wasn't right.

Slowly I pulled the weapon out, something glinted of it and I got a glimpse of something quite large huddled in the corner, I heard something scuttle behind me, I turned again this time landing in defense stance. I was ready to fight whatever was here, but little did I know that there were more then one, and they  were ready too.

Jimin's POV

The castle walls began to crumble and fall apart as the queen's power began to drain, after all it was her magic that had built it. I had to get back to earth one way or another, and not knowing quite what to do I began to do something quite stupid.

I began to sprint through the vast palace halls, hoping to find the room I had left my goggles in, but sadly had no luck. "Damn it." I mumbled under my breath.

My new mission was to find an exit, as the deterioration of the building was only growing swifter. It would be no use to use my wings as they'd probably only be damaged by the falling rocks so I had to run as fast as my short legs could take me.

As I ran, the dust on the already slippery marble floors was making it extremely difficult not to fall, I frowned, I had just cleaned that.

A loud crash sounded behind me, which was certainly enough to make me pick up my pace, why was I so lost? I had lived here my entire life, it was almost as if... as if the palace was changing. Just the thought of that frightened me, for there was only one creature with the ability to freely warp reality, Rem-Mutante. I swallowed a shiver running through my spine, I felt its presence. The air chilled and I stopped in my place, unable to spot it, it was here I could feel it. I heard a child scream, the scream was all too familiar, I couldn't quite tell if it was the Rem-Mutante trying to fool me or real, I had to check, I couldn't just leave a child in here. I ran back the way I came searching for where the scream had originated.

As I ran down the corridor and I realized that the hall was elongating and growing narrower, I was beginning to feel suffocated by the minuscule width of the vestibule I looked at the ground only to find that I was running in place. I tried to run faster but it was useless the halls grew narrower until I screamed out not knowing quite what to except to... stop. The area began to cease its shift which meant it was only shrinking at the same speed I was running, so my only choice was to fly.

This time my wings appeared and I began to fly down the hall, I knew it would work for just a bit, but it would be enough time to escape.

I landed the second that I reached a room and stepped in immediately, it was a room I wasn't familiar with and when I looked out the window it appeared as though it was night. The curtains closed on their own causing me to jump and almost run out until I heard crying, my eyes flew to the corner of the room where I saw a little girl with long dark hair huddled up in a ball, facing the wall and weeping. I took a step closer, something felt wrong, then another, I had a sinking feeling my gut, and then I called out to her.

"I can help you get out. Where are your parents?"

"I left everyone." My brows furrowed, although she still hadn't turned I could almost be sure that was my sister, although she had been dead for the past 8 years, my heart skipped a beat, her voice sounded so much like her besides the fact that it echoed in a strange ghostly way, and come to think of it everything about her was quite a lot like my sister, in fact that was the outfit she was wearing the day she died.

My heart began to beat quicker, beads of sweat appearing on my forehead, then the girl turned.

Her eyes were hollow, blood dripped from , and her face it looked... cracked, I tried to scream but my voice wouldn't come out, it was my sister... but she was a monster, it wasn't the little girl I knew and loved it wasn't the beautiful little Jieun whom I had lost all those years ago. "J-Jieun" was the only thing that came out my mouth I tried to back away but I couldn't, even without eyes I could feel her watching me, then she lunged, right at me.

Y/N's POV

"What the actual is going on here people! I need answers, NOW!" I heard Jungkook shout as I scrolled through the messages on my phone, you ignored the three men squabbling you couldn't deal with all the yelling in this disorientated state.

To be honest, scrolling through my phone was making me feel even more nauseated but that didn't stop me from doing it. It was mostly spam from Sumi, and then she sent me the story of how she broke up with her most recent boyfriend.

Sumi:))))

My

Sumi:))))

Boyfriend

Sumi:))))

And

Sumi:))))

I

Sumi:))))

Were

That was where I stopped scrolling not wanting to read the rest of her spam story. Instead I pulled up the keyboard and began to type a message assuring her that I was fine.

Hello

Delivered at 3:05

Sumi:))))

O MY LOrD YOU'RE ALOBE

What?

Delivered at 3:06

Sumi:))))

*ALIVE, Why didn't u pick up my calls or answer my messages!??!?!?

...

Typing

Sumi:))))

U know what, I'll just call u

NO

Delivered at 3:06

Sumi:))))

2 late

 

Incoming call Sumi:))))

 

Sumi's POV

 Y/N groaned. "Hello." 

"Tell me everything." I commanded, well more like gently asked.

"Well I-" Y/N was cut off by a male voice, "I don't think you'd freaking understand!"

"Shut up Jungkook!" I heard Y/N hiss.

"Y/N, are you with somebody?"

"NO! I mean, no." She said with an awkward laugh

"Wait, who are you talking to?" The unfamiliar voice asked.

"You are with somebody!" I exclaimed.

"Just caught a cold, *cough* my voice is really low now." She said her voice suddenly dropping an octave out of nowhere. I hummed suspiciously.

"Um, okay?" I responded. "So what happened? I mean like did you get lost?"

"Yes, *cough* then my car broke down, YES, it broke down... then I... ran out of gas... so I pushed it to the city, um, and I'm getting it repaired *cough*now... right now, so... yeah. *cough*"

"Oh, where are you, I can come and pick you up."

"No, you don't have to!"

"Really it's okay."

"Oh you're breaking up!" She exclaimed, beginning to make weird slobbery noises, then hung up.

I stared at my phone for a moment, dumbfounded, "What the hell?" I shook my head.

I plopped down on the couch taking a moment to regain myself, knowing that she was okay was a big weight lifted off my chest... well I think she okay...

I strolled into the kitchen ready to grab something to eat, but opened the fridge only to find emptiness, "stupid boyfriend." I mumbled with a frown. I didn't want to go out at this hour to pick up food though, way too many creeps, I shuddered a little. But, I mean if you're hungry, then you're hungry, I sighed, clenching my empty stomach. I mean what's the chance  something terrible will happen, right?

A/N

I'd once again just like to thank all the people who are reading this, I appreciate it so very much and truly hope that you can enjoy this story. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!