First Meeting

Dream High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes when you’re currently doing something, your mind unconsciously wandered to other things; life, family and maybe money. To others, it might be a bad distraction but there are people who needed it as a boast so that they’re going to do well. That’s how Tzuyu describe herself. Each equals to a different story. Different thoughts.

 

“One more lap Tzu!”

 

Tzuyu dive in the water and turned her body around. She had her timing perfectly calculated when her feet touch the pool wall and gave a hard push to the front giving her more forward force. She started her once again. One arm at a time. She maintained her rhythm despite already swimming for 175m. This will be her final lap. Once she reached the half lane, Tzuyu forced her arm to move faster and kicking her legs even more increasing her speed. She gave her all. She hadn’t take in any breathing since turning. Her only goal is to reach the touch pad and timed her laps.

 

“Okay!”

 

She felt her lung screamed for air the moment her palm reach the board. She forced her head up so that she can breathe normally and just like any athletes, she took off her googles and looked at her coach who is seen smiling so wide.

 

“2 minutes and 08 seconds! Good job!”

 

Tzuyu felt a huge load were taken off her shoulders when her couch announced it. She spit out some water from and pushed herself out of the pool. This is her daily routine and she’s been doing it for as long as she remembered. Everyone said she’s talented and one day South Korea will be proud of her when she stood on the podium at Olympics; the highest peak of any athletes’ career. Her coach, Coach Park walked towards her and handed her a towel. Tzuyu wipe her body while he continue talking.

 

“You can still shorten your timing for around 2 seconds if you get the first perfected after turnaround. That wasn’t so perfect. Plus your arms bend a little when you reach midway. Be wary of that.”

 

“Okay.”

 

She wrapped the towel around her body that is only covered by her one piece swimsuit. She pushed her hair back.

 

“But overall you did well for today. Get some rest.”

 

She flashed him a sincere smile.

 

“Thank you coach.”

 

He pat her shoulder and walked away leaving Tzuyu standing there alone. When the door to the indoor pool closed behind him, Tzuyu let out a heavy breathing.

 

“Get some rest huh?”

 

This routine is starting to annoy her so much. She had to sacrifice a lot of time for swimming practices and not to mention her diets that her parents set it for her. They said all of these are good for her and her future in swimming. She hadn’t gone to a single party arranged by her classmate and haven’t even tasted what is high school is all about. She might be popular but with her hectic training schedule and strict diet, she couldn’t make a lot of friends. But thankfully she have two close friends; Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Jeongyeon is a part of the school basketball team and Chaeyoung is in the football team. So they kind of befriends with each other considering how hectic the two training schedules are although it wasn’t as crazy as hers. Suwon All Girls Institution take a lot of pride from having athlete stars attending schools here. It helps boast the school ranks among all the private institution. Tzuyu looked up towards the wall clock.

 

“5.00 PM. I guess Chaeyoung is done too.”

 

Tzuyu take a look around. Sometimes she can relate her heart with the silence of the indoor pool; it felt lonely. Swimming was her only way to kill time. She’s 17 and still a loner. What a life.

 

…..

 

“Okay that’s for today! Same time here tomorrow, understand?!”

 

“Yes coach!” Everyone answered in unison. Chaeyoung wiped away some sweats from her forehead and untucked her jersey. Today was a bit hot to be honest and her coach had taken the training drill to another level. He might still be affected by the team lost in the final of National under 18. So he started this crazy training since the start of new term a week ago. A palm landed on Chaeyoung’s shoulder earning attention from her. It was Momo.

 

“Want to hang out tonight? Min is organizing a party at her sorority house. You, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu are invited.”

 

Chaeyoung thought for a while. Min’s sorority party is always good. She knew how to throw a party. But there might be a problem.

 

“I don’t think Tzuyu would come. You know how strict her parents are.”

 

“She always missed out on the great stuffs. Can’t you persuade her?”

 

Chaeyoung head turned towards the fan stands and saw Tzuyu sitting there alone with her duffel bag probably.

 

“How about you ask her yourself? She’s over there.”

 

Momo looked at where Chaeyoung is looking at. She grin. Maybe she can persuade Tzuyu this time.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

…..

 

Tzuyu saw two figures walking towards her. By the way they walk she can guess whom it were; Momo and Chaeyoung. She is waiting Chaeyoung but Momo? That girl might have something under her sleeve and she should be ready for it.

 

“Hey Tzu!”

 

“Momo. Fancy seeing you after a week.”

 

Momo chuckled and sat down next to Tzuyu while Chaeyoung took out her water bottle.

 

“You’re the one locking yourself inside the indoor pool and refuse on playing with me. It’s only the start of our senior year. Been barely a week.”

 

Tzuyu just smile and shook her head. Chaeyoung only keep her silence and watched as her two friends talking to each other.

 

“I don’t have time for rest. National’s competition are coming. If I want to be push up into the senior national team, I have to win first place again.”

 

Momo knew about that. Tzuyu is the famous athlete in this school and everyone is anticipating to see her swimming. She also knew that the national team is waiting to include Tzuyu in their team so that she can start her training with them. She wrapped her left arm around Tzuyu’s shoulder.

 

“Then you should come to Min’s party so that you can let go some stress.”

 

Tzuyu raised her eyebrow over Momo invitation.

 

“You know my mom won’t let me go.”

 

“I know but she doesn’t have to know.”

 

Tzuyu politely pushed Momo arm from her shoulder. Chaeyoung still keep her eye on the two of them.

 

“It’s tempting but I can’t Momo. Tell Min I’m sorry.”

 

Momo sighed and stood up.

 

“If you say so but if you changed your mind, you can still come.”

 

“I’ll remember that.”

 

Momo left the two and go back to her friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter