She Is Not Stupid

Dream High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Honey. Bad day?”

 

Seungyeon asked her husband as she handed him a cup of coffee. Daniel looked at his wife. Seungyeon knew that look. He has news that he needed to tell her.

 

“I know that look. Do you want me to call over the kids?”

 

“Yeah, we should.”

 

Seungyeon called over Sana and Krystal as she took a seat next to her husband. Daniel remained silent as he waited his kids to gather around. Krystal showed up first and then Sana a few minutes later.

 

“Sorry daddy. I was talking with a friend on phone.”

 

“No it’s okay. I have a news that I wanted to share with everyone.”

 

“Okay.” Sana let her body fall next to her sister as she waited Daniel to continue. Daniel rarely plan a family meeting unless he have something important to tell and he would always gathered everyone in the living room like right now before he shared whatever in his mind.

 

“This sounding weird but I got a promotion today. I’m Fabernatics President new secretary.”

 

“Really?” Seungyeon just wanted to be sure if her ears heard it wrong but Daniel nodding just confirm that she did heard it right.

 

“Oh my god! This is a good news!” Seungyeon hugged Daniel as she kissed his cheek in happiness. Daniel lips tugged into a smile as Seungyeon keep showering his cheek with a few more kisses. Krystal beamed in happiness as she knew this meant a lot of their father. She stood up and let her arms wrapped around both her parents as she joined in the celebration. The only person remained rooted on her seat was Sana. Daniel noticed Sana silence so he just had to ask.

 

“Sana, what’s wrong?”

 

Sana came back to her senses as she flashed her father a sincere smile.

 

“Nothing daddy. Congratulations. This is good news.”

 

Daniel just like Krystal beamed in happiness as Sana joined in the group hug. It is satisfying to finally giving this family a good news. He always dream of getting a promotion so that he can finally buy all the extra stuffs that his family needed. Not that they are poor or anything but he knew his family like the back of his hand. Sometimes they wouldn’t dare asking anything because they didn’t want to burden him over it. Like he knew Krystal always wanted a new phone. Now he get to buy it for her without have to save money for months. They finally let go of each other.

 

“Mr Lee make the announcement this morning. I’m going to have my own office and I’ll be working with our president. How awesome is that?”

 

“Spectacular daddy.” Sana answered as Seungyeon stood up looking so pump up. Krystal too.

 

“I’m going to make a lot of food tonight as a celebration!”

 

“Yeay food!” Krystal can’t help but feeling happy as she followed Seungyeon to the back to prepare their dinner. Sana on the other hand felt like her world just turn upside down. This is far to coincidence. Did Mr Chou knew about her and Tzuyu that he decided he can control her by giving her father the promotion? Daniel noticed Sana expression change as she in deep thoughts. He nudged his daughter gaining the girl attention.

 

“Why are you zooning out Sana?”

 

Sana forced herself to stay positive as she flashed her father another proud smile.

 

“Nothing daddy. I’m just happy for you.”

 

Daniel grin grew wider as Sana hugged him again. He knew his family would be so proud of him and the wait of delaying this news since morning makes it even sweet. They are happy and he is happy.

 

…..

 

Sana slumped down on her bed as she placed her right arm on her forehead and eyes staring on the ceiling. She runs the scenario earlier in her head. No matter how hard she try to be positive about it, there’s something wrong about all of this. She had no doubt over her father abilities. He’s hardworking and everything but this is far from that. It is way to coincidence and the position they gave him is too..obvious.

 

“What kind of games are you playing right now?”

 

She can’t help but wandered if this promotion was to keep her father around or using him to send her a warning? This is ridiculous. They are in love not getting into a war or something. This is getting out of hand. Sana pushed herself up as she sat down on her chair and took her book with her. Maybe getting her busy is what she needed right now. She was about to start when her phone beeping that familiar sound. Chou Tzuyu sound. She chuckled as she remembered Tzuyu tampering with her phone and getting her own personal tones especially for her. Sana stretched her body sideways trying to get her phone. She read the text sent by Tzuyu.

 

Smart , I want to see you. Facetime?

 

All the worries from earlier disappeared as she reads Tzuyu teasing message.

 

I can’t face time while studying. Too lazy to hold my phone.

 

Laptop? Skype? Please? I’m desperate for you right now.

 

Sana chuckled as she switch on her laptop and log into her skype. She doesn’t have to wait for long as Tzuyu already on it. She accepted her call and smile when Tzuyu face just covering her whole screen. It’s a wide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter