Conflict

Dream High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is nerve wrecking. She had entered countless of swimming competition before but the level of nervousness tonight surpass all of it. This is making her crazy. Her hands sweating, her heart beating fast and she can feels her blood drained out of her system making her skin look pale rather than tan. She hadn’t yet turn off her engine when she heard a knocking on her window. It was Sana bend down a little so that they are on the same eye level. Tzuyu pull herself together as she let the power window down.

 

“Hey..Sana.”

 

“I saw you from my room’s window. Why didn’t ring the bell and why are you still in your car?”

 

Tzuyu puckered her bottom lips as she saw Sana lips tugging into a teasing smile. She’s busted. Big time.

 

“My swimming genius is freaking her out.”

 

Tzuyu had no idea whether she should be happy when Sana said her swimming genius or hate her girlfriend for being able to read whatever she’s feeling right now.

 

“It’s nerve wrecking okay? At least half of earth population freaking out when they had to meet the parents.”

 

Sana chuckled as she open Tzuyu’s side door and took her girlfriend’s hand and guiding her out of her car. She cupped Tzuyu’s face and she leaned forward. It was just a peck on the lips but that is enough to at least tone down the nervousness in Tzuyu.

 

“Calm down Tzu. Daddy just want to meet you.”

 

“Meet me? More like he wanted to know the girl who’s banging her daughter when he’s not around.”

 

Sana pinch both Tzuyu’s cheek so that she will stop talking. Tzuyu tend to be so random when she’s nervous and although it is funny in other times, she finds it nonsense right now. Tzuyu groan and gently push Sana away so that she can save her cheek from getting red. She rub her sore cheek as Sana wrapping her right hand around Tzuyu’s left arm.

 

“Daddy want to meet everyone is close to me or Krystal. So calm down and just be yourself. Okay, not your random self. Just yourself.”

 

“I am myself!” Tzuyu frustratingly said pointing out the obvious. Sana rub Tzuyu arm that she’s holding to now.

 

“Come on. We should get in and get this over with.”

 

Tzuyu mumbling some incoherent words as Sana led her inside facing her doom. Or so she thought.

 

….

 

“Eh eat some more Tzuyu! You need all the vitamins for trainings!”

 

Daniel Minatozaki scoop some more curry and place it on Tzuyu’s plate. Tzuyu eyes widen as she see all sorts of food in her plate. She glanced at Sana whom sitting opposite of her signalling her girlfriend that this is way too many for her small tummy.

 

“Daddy, Tzuyu can’t eat all of that.”

 

“Sana, all athletes need good food for a healthy body. Plus your mom cook a lot for tonight. Tzuyu, eat some more.”

 

“S-Sure Mr Minatozaki.” Tzuyu reluctantly stuffing all the foods piling in her plate. Seungyeon comes out of the chicken bringing more foods and meats. Sana frown as Krystal obviously enjoying the feast.

 

“Have some grill meat, Tzuyu.” Seungyeon pick up a few and adding it on Tzuyu’s already full plate. It will be rude as hell if she said no so Tzuyu say nothing and just devouring every single food her tummy can take. She might gain weight after tonight’s dinner. Krystal grab a few salad and place it on another plate before handing over at Tzuyu who’s sitting next to her. Tzuyu is sweating like a pig by now. Sana felt sorry for Tzuyu but her mother made her sitting next to her instead of Tzuyu so it’s kind of hard for both of them.

 

“Tzuyu unnie, is it true that you never dated before?” Krystal break the laughter shared by Seungyeon and Daniel. Tzuyu almost choke but remain in control as she take a huge sip from her glass of water. Sana kick Krystal on her shin but groan in pain as she forgot how hard her little sister shin is.

 

“I uh.. I never dated anyone before. It’s true.”

“Are you serious Tzuyu? Isn’t high school is about trying all sorts of things?” Seungyeon question Tzuyu as Daniel focus on Tzuyu waiting for the girl to answer his wife question. Tzuyu awkwardly smile.   “My parents had my daily schedule fills up so that I won’t be entertaining some random stuff. They want me to focus on my future as a professional swimmer. Not that I’m complaining but I kind owe it to my parents that I didn’t ended up wasting time instead finding things that I like to do like swimming.”   Daniel put down his utensils as he get into his serious mood. Tzuyu sense it and it will be stupid of her if she didn’t want to pay attention. Gone the playful Daniel Minatozaki just this once.   “The same goes for me too Tzuyu. I let Sana enjoy her high school but at the same time I want her to build her own future. Call it stupid but every parents wanted the best for their child. If I think anything or anyone can jeopardize that bright future I want her to have, then I will be the one stepping in. Do you understand me Tzuyu?”   Is that a threat? Or is he testing her? Tzuyu saw Sana stern face from the corner of her eyes. She seems angry. Tzuyu decided that she needs to be careful answering this.   “Of course I do understand sir. I want the best for her too and I’m going to help her in any way I can so that we both can have that bright future ahead.”   Tzuyu didn’t continue as she just stay silent after uttering that. She was hoping he would understand her too. Daniel lips tugging into a wide grin as he slap Tzuyu on her back almost pushing her down on the table.   “That is an honest answer Chou Tzuyu! Okay, I approve of you marrying my girl! Sana, take care of Tzuyu okay?!”   Sana f
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter