Law of Attraction

Dream High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu ate silently and sometimes took her time playing with a piece of broccoli. Her parents both are eating along with her but uttered not a single words. This what it looks like everytime they had dinner together; pure silence. Sometimes she envied other people who spent more time together talking despite had less food. She had everything but it can be lonely sometimes. Chou Yi Tian put his utensils down and wiped his mouth using a napkin. He cleared his throat getting attention from Tzuyu. Tzuyu slowly look up.

 

“I recently received Coach Park report over your training. You lessen your time for 0.2 second this week?”

 

Tzuyu was genuinely smiling when her father asked her the question.

 

“I did. Coach said that I’m doing well.”

 

Yi Tian leaned back on his chair. Hyori decided to interrupt the two.

 

“She lost 0.2 seconds on the first heat Yi Tian. Records after that means nothing.”

 

Yi Tian cocked an eyebrow asking Tzuyu if it was true. Tzuyu felt like defending herself.

 

“But I manage to clear 0.3 second on the second heat!”

 

“Chou Tzuyu. Don’t raise your voice at your mother.”

 

“But dad…” Tzuyu desperately wanting them to stop saying as though she didn’t do enough. She’s done everything she can. She’s the best teenage swimming protégé currently here. Yi Tian leaned forward and his intense stare scared the hell out of Tzuyu.

 

“It’s not enough Tzuyu and you know your mother is right. If you didn’t go to the party the night before, you wouldn’t have to run the second heat.”

 

Tzuyu eyes widen in fear when Yi Tian mentioned the word party. She was perfectly sure that no one from the swimming club knew she came.

 

“You thought I didn’t knew Tzu?” Yi Tian sarcastically asked his only daughter. Tzuyu lost her appetite knowing that she’s going to be punish. Yi Tian suddenly slammed his palm on the table almost earning a loud gasped from Tzuyu but Hyori remained calm.

 

“Answer me!”

 

“I..I just…”

 

“Yes or no?” Yi Tian didn’t like it when she’s avoiding his question. Tzuyu in fear nodding her head earning a loud hissed from Yi Tian.

 

“I’m disappointed with you.”

 

Tzuyu felt tears pooling in her eyes threatening to fall anytime soon. She opened to defend her action but Yi Tian cut her out.

 

“Do you want me to home school you Tzuyu? Would you agree to that?”

 

He’s threatening her and its working. School has been her getaway from this pressuring life as long as she can remember. School is her freedom and if school is taken away from her than she’s left with nothing. Tzuyu quickly shook her head.

 

“No dad. I promise, I won’t do it again!”

 

“And why should I believe you? How can you assure me than this nonsense behaviour of yours would stop right now?”

 

“I promise I would work twice harder! Please dad.” She’s pleading for her freedom. Hyori had done eating and looked at Tzuyu.

 

“No more partying. If I ever caught you partying again, then you’re going to be in a lot of trouble. Understood?” Tzuyu quickly nodding agreeing with whatever her mother just said. No one can take school away from her and if it means that she have to work triple hard so be it. Yi Tian stood up.

 

“Remember Tzu. Stick to the program. You’ll be thanking us when you stood on the Olympic’s podium with a gold medal around your neck. The nation will shed tears along with you.”

 

Tzuyu keep her head low while Yi Tian walked away. Hyori called the maids to clean the table and she followed her husband leaving the dining hall and an almost teared up Tzuyu. Mr Chan, her family butler came towards Tzuyu and placed his hand on top of her shoulder. He slightly squeeze it.

 

“Go upstairs Tzuyu. It’s been a long day for you. Go get some rest.”

 

Tzuyu held back her tears and left the silence dining hall. Mr Chan watched as Tzuyu made her way upstairs. He shook his head. He had been with Tzuyu since Hyori gave birth to her 17 years ago. She was a sweet and happy kid. But ever since her parents discovered her swimming ability, they had been pushing her and forcing her to harsh training. Sometimes it bothered him knowing that the pride of nation’s means more to the Chou parents than their daughter happiness. Tzuyu had stopped smiling the moment everyone calling her the swimming genius. The old Tzuyu had gone; the one that cheered up this big house.

 

…..

 

Tzuyu arrived in school 30 minutes earlier. She always arrived early to avoid other students especially her swimming fans. Thankfully her classmates weren’t acting like possessive fans since they always saw her in class. So they weren’t really crazy over her anymore. She just sat there not doing anything. Sometimes Tzuyu like imagining herself as a normal student; not the nation swimming genius. It must be different living as a normal Chou Tzuyu. She didn’t mind the popularity at all but sometimes she wish her parents can see her as normal teenager named Chou Tzuyu. Things would have been different.

 

“You know, we shouldn’t always be meeting like this. It felt like I’m secretly dating Chou Tzuyu.”

 

Tzuyu grinned when she heard the voice behind her. She turned around and saw Sana standing behind her with that playful smile of hers.

 

“Aren’t we?”

 

“You wish.”

 

Sana sarcastically remarks. She walked around and pulled a chair with her and placed it in front of Tzuyu’s desk. She sat down and playfully flicking Tzuyu’s forehead earning a hissed from the tan girl.

 

“Why are you so rough with me?”

 

“It’s just a flick on the forehead Chou. Let it go.”

 

Tzuyu eyed the smirking girl and determined taking her revenge. She quickly leaned forward aiming to flick Sana’s forehead. She’s almost manage to hurt the girl but Sana is faster and kick her shin. She held her painful shin and groaned.

 

“What’s wrong with you?!”

 

Tzuyu rubbed the spot where it hurts and pouted. Sana rolled her eyes and grabbed Tzuyu’s phone on her desk. Tzuyu looking at her confused with Sana’s action.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Done. Here.”

 

Sana handed Tzuyu back her phone. The tan girl took it and saw Sana saving her number in her contact list. She raised an eyebrow looking back at the other girl.

 

“I thought it was rude of you since you never ask my number despite already kissing me at the basketball court.”

 

“I did not! You’re the one that force your lips on mine!”

 

Tzuyu quickly defending herself from Sana accusations. Sana sneered mocking Tzuyu’s statement. Tzuyu puckered her lips pretending to be mad at her.

 

“You’re taking advantage over me, Sana.”

 

But another thought came to Tzuyu’s mind. She wiggling her eyebrows earning a look from Sana.

 

“Don’t tell me you fall for my charms Minatozaki.”

 

If it was another girl, Tzuyu for sure knew the girl would became shy and blushed so hard but then this is not just another girl. This is Minatozaki Sana and she had been tricking her twice.

 

“That is for you to find out Tzuyu.”

 

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Use your brain and think hard. Anyway, you’re early today.”   Tzuyu let out a sigh and Sana saw sadness in the tan girl’s eyes. Something is not right.   “I’m always early so that I can park my car without hassle.”   Sana nodding kind of agree with it. She knew how Tzuyu had a fan club in this school and it can be funny sometimes watching Tzuyu running away when she didn’t want the attention.   “Why don’t you just stay in dorms like the other athletes?”   “I could if I can. But I can’t. My mom wouldn’t let me.”   Sana leaned forward and propping up her elbow and resting her chin on top of her hands.   “I think you mention about your mom disagreeing w
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter