Chapter 7

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After everyone was settled down class started and their math teacher began the lesson. As she spoke most of the class jotted down their notes, a few ended up doodling and some slept behind their text book. Jimin diligently took notes and tried to comprehend what was being said but if he were being honest, not much of it was making sense to him at the moment. His eyebrows crinkled together when the lesson ended and he still felt very lost.

    “That should be enough to get you all started. Turn to page 58 and work on problems 1-25, anything you don’t finish is homework,” the teacher said as she ended the lesson and went back to her desk to work on some paperwork.

    “Hyung want to work on these problems together?” Jungkook asked Jimin. Jimin turned towards the younger and nodded with a smile, hopeful Jungkook could help him out.

    “Mind if I join you two?” Taehyung asked from his seat on the other side of Jimin. Before Jungkook could politely say no, Jimin was already saying yes.

    “If we split up the work we can get it done faster with three people!” Jimin said happily as he began to assign each of them problems to work on. “I’ll do problems 1-8, Jungkookie you do problems 9-16 and since you’re a math prodigy you can do 17-25, one more than us, is that alright Taehyung-ah?” Jimin asked.

    “Sure, it works for me,” Taehyung answered with a small smile. He was actually a little surprised that Jimin was even offering to split the work so evenly, in his old school whenever he worked in a group he ended up doing most of the work just because math came so easily to him.

    Jungkook nodded to what Jimin had said though he was a little peeved that Taehyung was joining them, and that Jimin was entrusting Taehyung with more just because the other was a math prodigy. Even though it was unreasonable, Jungkook couldn’t help but feel like he needed to compete with Taehyung and prove he was just as good at math. So he quickly began to work on the problems he was assigned determined to finish before Taehyung.

    The three males worked in silence for a while. Jimin struggled through the first three questions for ten minutes while Jungkook was already half way done with the ones he’d been assigned, meanwhile Taehyung was on his last question. It didn’t take more than a couple more minutes before Taehyung was declaring himself finished. Jimin looked up at him with wide eyes as did Jungkook.

    “But it’s only been twelve minutes!” Jimin declared grabbing Taehyung’s paper to look over his work, but sure enough nothing looked half done. Everything was neat and all the work for each problem was shown on the scratch paper. Jungkook took the paper from Jimin once the elder was back to looking up at Taehyung who looked back at Jimin. Jungkook looked over the work and all of it seemed to be done correctly from he could tell. So, he really is a math prodigy, Jungkook thought to himself as he looked back at Taehyung to see that Taehyung was looking at Jimin in worry. Jungkook looked at Jimin too and saw the older was looking down with a hand over his eyes and creases between his eyebrows.

    “Hey Jimin… are you ok?” Taehyung asked but the oldest didn’t respond.

    “Hyung?” Jungkook questioned but he too didn't receive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter