Chapter 5

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin’s POV

Jimin walked home slowly, whistling a tune to himself as he went. Today had been fun and Jimin had enjoyed his time with Jungkook. It was different from his normal routine and he thought it would be weird at first but… Jungkook was someone who was comforting to be around. It was a type of comfortable he hadn’t felt around anyone else before, not even his own parents. It was new and strange but still, a wonderful feeling and Jimin was certain that if he had the chance he wouldn’t mind getting used to the younger’s presence as a constant in his life.

When Jimin reached his front door, he pulled out his keys and slowly opened the door since he didn’t want to disturb his parents who were most likely asleep, if they were home that is. Jimin often wondered what it was his parents were doing out so late these days. There used to be a time when his parents would always be home by eight, but over the last couple of months things had changed and now they were almost never home (or so that was how it seemed to Jimin).

Stepping inside the house, Jimin softly closed and locked the door. He then quietly made his way past the downstairs bedroom and up the stairs to his own room. Once inside he closed the door and the lights. Letting out a sigh, he plopped himself down in his bed. He yawned as he felt tired and the headache he was experiencing was still vaguely there. Jimin had made the mistake of looking into Seokjin’s eyes when they’d introduced themselves to each other, and as such, he’d ended up seeing all of what was going to happen to Seokjin in the next 24 hours.

It had been really hard not to crumple down to the floor when he’d started seeing the images flash behind his eyes. It had been harder still to keep a straight face and communicate afterward. Still, he’d managed and he was thankful neither Jungkook or Seokjin had noticed that he’d been temporarily unable to engage with either of them. Jimin was thankful that it seemed Seokjin didn’t have much going on in the next 24 hours as it had only taken about 30 seconds for Jimin to see everything. What he remembered of the flashes of pictures was that Seokjin was going out on a date that night and that he’d be back really late, and also that his hyung would be late for his morning classes the next day.

Turning onto his side Jimin looked up at the clock on his wall to see it was nearly midnight. Deciding it was best he actually go to sleep now, he got out of his bed and changed into his night clothes, brushed his teeth, and turned off the lights before climbing back into bed. He put on some relaxing music and then closed his eyes listening to the soothing music as he slowly slipped away into dreamland.

* * * *

“Hey Jimin,” Jungkook said as he slipped into the seat next to him at lunchtime. The day had been peaceful and uneventful so far, it had been normal. That used to bring comfort to Jimin but today he’d actually been looking forward to seeing Jungkook, so he was happy when the other male came to sit beside him.

“Hi,” Jimin responded smiling.

“How’s your day been going?”

“The same as usual. Yours?”

“It’s been ok,”

“You didn’t get bullied today by anyone did you?” Jimin asked.

“No, not yet anyway,” Jungkook responded.

“That’s good if anyone does bother you, tell me, I can most likely make them stop.”

“Like you did yesterday?”

“Hmm I’m curious, why is it that they listen to you?”

Jimin hummed and shrugged his shoulder while taking a bite of the noodles he’d gotten for lunch that day. “Because while I might not be popular or whatever, I do have a lot of influence at this school.”

“But how?” Jungkook asked curiously.

“Mostly because I’m the teacher’s pet and despite how some of them say they don’t have favorites it’s obvious they do. If you’re the teacher’s favorite, they’re more likely to listen to you and help you in any way they can. Also, there is the added bonus that I’m close to the principal partially cause my parents are friends with him and partially because I’m just a loveable person so of course, he’d like me,” Jimin answered with a playful grin as he looked up at Jungkook, but of course avoided his eyes. Jungkook giggled and shook his head at Jimin before digging into his own lunch.

Jimin pretended to pout as he asked, “Why are you laughing? Don’t you think I’m loveable?”

While Jimin didn’t see Jungkook look up at him, he could tell that is what happened since Jungkook’s face lifted up. “Of course you are Jimin,” Jungkook said sounding serious which made Jimin blush. He’d thought the younger would just laugh and deny what he’d said. Jimin noticed he wasn’t the only one blushing as Jungkook’s cheeks were also tinged a light red, which only served to make Jimin feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter