Chapter 3

24 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin’s POV

Jimin went about his day as usual. He attended all his classes and kept his gaze on the board or textbook even when answering questions for the teacher. He was grateful that the majority of his teachers had accepted that he would never look at them. He remembered how it was when he first entered middle school and how the teachers would constantly try to get him to look at them thinking he was being disrespectful by not looking at them. He’d been sent to the principal plenty of times in the beginning, but no punishment was enough to make Jimin change his ways. Eventually, though, they realized he was a studious student and he wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, he just seemed to have a phobia of looking at people’s eyes they’d concluded. With that conclusion made, things became easier for him and he soon became the teacher’s pet.

When Jimin entered high school he didn’t have to deal with teachers thinking he was disrespectful for not looking at them thanks to a few of his middle school teachers who’d liked him enough to let the faculty at his new school know how he was and persuaded them not to think too much of his strange behavior. For this reason, most of the teachers at his high school had learned not to care that he didn’t look at them.

However this year there was one new teacher who was particularly mean to Jimin and would constantly verbally degrade him for his strange behavior. It bothered Jimin at first but he’d learned to steer clear of that teacher and had decided to just stay quiet rather than participate in class. By doing this the teacher could ignore him and pretend he wasn’t even there. Jimin really didn’t understand why this teacher was so mean to him anyway, it was already halfway into the school year after all.

Jimin sighed as he glanced up at the clock waiting for the bell to ring so he could eat lunch. He’d finished the worksheet his language teacher had given him and so he was bored. It was only five more minutes until the bell rang but those five minutes felt like forever to Jimin. He laid his head down on his desk and closed his eyes hoping to pass the time more quickly by not staring at the clock the whole time.

When the bell finally rang, Jimin was the first one out of his seat. He grabbed his things and rushed out the door and began to make his way towards the cafeteria. He liked being early for lunch so he could find one of the smaller tables near the back and avoid having to sit next to anyone. After setting his things down, Jimin went to the lunch line and got his food, choosing to get a sandwich, milk, and some fruits. He really liked the fact their school lunches didn’t , the food was actually good and nutritious, but he supposed most elite rich schools were like that. Jimin felt really lucky that he had gotten a partial scholarship or else there would have been no way for him to enter this school.

After he’d gotten his desired meal, he went back to his table and sat down. He was opening the plastic wrap on his sandwich when someone sat down next to him. He didn’t have to look to know it was Jungkook. He remembered seeing this scene. Jungkook would approach him at lunch today and he’d also be approached by Jungkook in their science class later in the day. Jimin wasn’t 100% certain but he was also pretty sure he’d seen that he would see Jungkook after school too.

“Hey, I hope you don’t mind me sitting here?” Jungkook asked.

“And if I do mind?” Jimin replied with a sigh.

“Then I’ll leave… but I’d really like to sit here since everywhere else is rather crowded and I don’t like crowds,” Jungkook responded.

Jimin bit his lip as he continued opening the plastic wrap and then discarded it. “Fine, you can stay,” Jimin said as he bit into his sandwich.

“Thanks!” Jungkook said seemingly happy.

“Hmm…” Jimin hummed in response.

He saw Jungkook pull out a lunch box and open it. The two began to eat in silence, it wasn’t a bad silence though, it was surprisingly comfortable. Jimin put down his half-eaten sandwich to drink some milk when Jungkook spoke up again.

“So... what’s your name?” Jungkook asked.

“Jimin.”

“That’s a nice name. Fits you. I’m Jungkook.”

“I know.”

“Oh…” Jungkook let out a weak laugh, “I guess everyone does?”

“Yea. You’re the only one here on a full scholarship, course everyone knows,” Jimin responded matter of factly.

“Wait I’m the only one? I thought… I thought there were more?” Jungkook qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter