CH6: Second Go

Those Summer Days

“So if you knew why do you still seem off with me?”

 

Sana sighed getting up taking the blanket with her and Jeongyeon felt suddenly cold with out the warmth of it draped over her, and she felt empty not having the other girl next too her. 

 

“Because you always panic. I think maybe you like the idea of me more more than the real me. I can’t believe I’d thought you’d finally grown up. I don’t want be just you fantasy girlfriend or a one time thing”

 

And with that Sana walked off Jeongyeon frowned trying to recall times she’d ran off from Sana sure she’d got quiet panicked thinking about her and Sana but that was mostly internal. She’d never been able to shut off that voice in her head that told her that she wasn’t good enough for Sana. That Sana didn’t like her back. Judging from today there was a chance that Sana had always like her back. Without think Jeongyeon stood up and headed after Sana.

 

“Sana wait...”

 

She grabbed the other girls hand now very aware that everyone one around them were staring 

 

“I’m not sure what I’ve done or when I did it but I’m sorry”

 

She continued to hold the other girls hand 

 

“I don’t just like you it’s more than that... I’m determined this time I won’t leave this camp without you as my girlfriend”

 

Sana just started blankly back at Jeongyeon before a small smile crept on to her lips but It didn’t last long and Sana quickly returned to her blank expression she shook off Jeongyeon’s hand and continued to walk away.

 

Jeongyeon followed calling after her 

 

“I can’t do this again Jeongyeon... I thought I could but I can’t”

 

Sana had now reached the edge of the woodland she ducked under a beach and disappeared into the darkness.

 

“What do you mean again?”

 

Sana scoffed 

 

“You don’t even remember that’s why you haven’t apologised..”

 

Jeongyeon continued to follow Sana amongst the trees 

 

“Is this about the time after camp”

 

Sana stopped turning to face Jeongyeon 

 

“You mean when you stood me up. I waited for you and all I got was a text”

 

— FLASHBACK—

 

About 2 years ago on a late August night Minatozaki Sana was nervously checking her hair in a mirror okay she looked good. Tonight she finally had a date with her Summer camp crush it had been the last year she’d been able to attend camp and they’d finally made plans she’d always thought Jeongyeon had liked her but the older girl always seemed too panicked to organise anything after camp but about a few days ago she received as message she read over it.

 

“I can’t believe you’re leaving for Japan. Can I see you before you go :( 

X”

 

Sana smiles reading it before placing her phone in her bag and pulling on her long pink coat heading out into the streets, they were meeting a cute little Italian restaurant just on the outskirts of the city the idea of a romantic dinner with Jeongyeon gave her butterflies.

 

Sana reached the destination and began looking around for the other girl. No sign of her yet. She pulled out her phone there was a slight chill on the air maybe the girl had already gone inside she tried looking in the windows, but she couldn’t see anything. She sent a quick message.

 

“I’m here where are you? Xx”

 She held her phone tightly staring at the screen waiting for a reply a couple minutes passed and still nothing she sighed come on on Jeongyeon where were you. The finally her phone pinged and she looked at the reply her heart sinking. She wasn’t coming.

 

“Sorry something really important come up? Reschedule?”

 

Okay it wasn’t ideal but they could still have a chance to meet up before she left to go to school in Japan she trusted that whatever had disposed Jeongyeon was something really important.

 

A few hours past and Sana was sat on her couch begging out with a face mask on watching some cheesy drama Nayeon had recommend to her that summer. She pulled her phone out and began scrolling her SNS she liked a picture that Mina had posted from camp of her and that small girl what was her name again Chaeyoung. Then she saw something that made her heart stop Jeongyeon a post from one hour a girl draped over a pretty girl in some bar both girls smiling at the camera. So there wasn’t an emergency it seemed like Jeongyeon just didn’t like Sana as much outside of camp that she had prettier girl to drag around the town. Sana threw her phone down and fought off tears she was not going to cry over Yoo Jeongyeon.

 

— END —

 

Jeongyeon looked sad as Sana explained why that night had upset her.

 

“That girls just my friend she was going through a bad break-up so we tried to cheer her up... I’m sorry”

 

Sana studied Jeongyeon face biting a genuine sadness in the the older girls face.

 

“And you ignored all my messages to reschedule and explain you just ignore me and flew off to another country”

 

Sana sighed moving towards Jeongyeon.

 

“I guess we were both a bit stupid then”

 

Jeongyeon reached out taking Sana’s hand again 

 

“I’m sorry I was stupid and dumb I regretted not going so much I thought I’d missed my big chance with you”

 

Sana smile and this time it stayed on her face.

 

“So we should maybe try giving this another go?”

 

Sana asked timidly 

 

Jeongyeon nodded before taking the lead Jeongyeon took the lead once more She pulled Sana lightly towards her crashing their lips together for a slow but passionate kiss. When they pulled away from each other the were suddenly aware of how dark it had got 

 

“Um Jeongyeon..”

Sana asked still wrapped in the older girls arms.

 

“Which ways the way back?”

 

Jeongyeon frowned studying her pitch black surroundings. 

 

“I’m not sure”