CH3: Turtle and Rabbit

Those Summer Days

A/N: This one is a bit short sorry.

The next couple days past in a bit of a blur of camp activities and rehearsals Momo could be pretty harsh when it came to perfecting this routine and Jeongyeon suddenly realised where the phrase don’t judge a book by it’s cover had stemmed from. It was the day of the talent show the morning however was just an ordinary morning at Camp JYP. Jeongyeon was now however resting out in the sun watching her cabin doing Archery they’d all been doing it for years and didn’t need too much guidance also they’d never been allowed to use proper arrows so risk of injury was pretty low. She watched as Tzuyu shot a perfect bullseye the bow had caught her hair as she fired causing her hair the flip the other girls began immediately freaking out.It had looked pretty impressive Jeongyoen got up from her spot and checked her watch 

 

“As impressive as that was Tzuyu, we’ve got to head to the lake now”

 

The girls grabbed their camp issued duffle bags of which Jeongyeon had ten just lying around her house from all her years of attending Camp JYP Jeongyeon also swung her backpack on to her back and followed behind Mina who had linked arms with Chaeyoung and the two were skipping in perfect unison towards the water. Where another group were waiting for them every year they did these silly competitions which involved a lot of falling into the water. The cabin they were competing against was Sana’s. Which was great because Sana was notoriously clumsy and her Cabin were younger than Jeongyeons they had this the bag. Jeongyeon had alway been over competitive when it came to these Camp activities having once spent hours trying to beat Jihyo at chess one year. The groups greeted each other before heading to get changed into their wetsuits which of course had Camp JYP written across the front. Sana and Jeongyeon head into the staff shower/changing room Jeongyeon was disappointed that the younger girl hadn’t linked theirs arms this time but she was still too chicken to make a move. 

 

Jeongyeon placed her back down on a rickety looking wooden bench and pulled out her wet suit she was wearing a win suit underneath her current outfit was still a bit nervous about changing in front of Sana, who on the other hand clearly had no issue as she was now stood in a revealing bikini tying up her hair. Jeongyoen reluctantly got changed trying not too look or Sana or to notice that Sana was looking at her. Why was Sana looking at her. 

 

“Can you zip me in?”

 

Sana asked walking other to Jeongyeon and turning around 

 

“Yeah… Sure.”

 

Jeongyeon fumbled a little bit with the zip on the back of Sana’s suit but eventually zipped it up. 

 

“Thank you”

 

Sana said placing kiss on Jeongyoens’ cheek, 

 

“Now it’s time for me to finally the beat the mighty Jeongyeon at a competition” 

 

the two headed back to the side of the lake where their cabins were waiting for them stood next to kayaks all the campers had to wear life jackets for health and safety reasons which was good as Tzuyu had complained a million times already today about how she ‘didn’t really know how to swim”. 

 

After a couple of races amongst the campers Jeongyeons team had a lead of 2-1 of Sana’s and it was time for the last event it was one Jihyo had invented back when they had been the ones in the life jackets the campers line their Kayaks up in a row and two at a time the run along the fronts and backs of the kayaks eventually sitting in the one belonging to their computer it was silly really but a lot of fun. First up was Mina against a girl from Sana’s camp with pigtails who Jeongyeon was pretty sure was called Natty. Mina one easily with her amazing balance coming from years of ballet training. Tzuyu lost her race but was proud to have not fallen in the water. Dahyun also lost her race while  Chaeyoung just beat Sana’s team mate Somi. the whole outcome of the competition now depended on the final race between Sana and Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon was pretty confident that she had this. 

 

“We’ve got this, you’re faster than Sana”

 

Chaeyoung shouted as Jeongyeon took the starting position waiting for Tzuyu to blow the whistle 

 

“Hey haven’t you heard of the turtle and the rabbit”

 

Sana retaliated

 

“You mean Tortoise and the Hare” Jeongyeon corrected the younger girl with a smirk. 

 

“3…2…1”

 

Shouted Tzuyu before blowing the whistle and Jeongyeon was off running across the wobbling boats she could see Sana slowing stepping between the two she was almost at the otherside when she hear a splash from behind her she turned round to see Sana splashing in the water struggling to get back on the boats. Jeongyeon turned back reaching out for Sana and pulling her back on to the row boats. 

 

“My hero”

 

Sana said with a small giggle 

 

“Let’s call it a draw”

 

Jeongyeon said putting her hand out for Sana to shake.

 

after the madness of the competition the girls had some free time on the lake Mina and Tutu and chose to sun bathe on the bank while Chaeyoung and Dahyun were engaged in a sword fight with oars. Jeongyeon was rowing around the lake watching the sun dance of the water 

 

“Can’t believe you lost us the competition” 

 

Dahyun said swimming up beside her Chaeyoung following behind her 

 

“I didn’t it was a draw”

 

“Can’t believe you picked Sana over us. Over your camp children”

 

“You’re not my children”

 

Jeongyeon said trying to sail away 

 

“Ready Chaeyoung”

 

she heard Dahyun say from behind her and suddenly both girls jumped on the tail end of her boat causing it to capsize and throw Jeongyeon into the cold water. Jeongyeon swam to the edge of the water cursing the two younger girls uder her breath.

 

“You look cold”

 

Sana said wrapping a towel round her Jeongyeon looked at the other girl and bit her lip 

 

“Sana there’s something I want too…”

 

A whistle blew in the distance a Jihyo was marching towards the lake 

 

“Everybody out, go dry off we need dinner finished on time tonight for the talent show”

 

Sana rolled her eyes and went to round up her cabin leaving Jeongyeon stood looking a little lost. She’d been about to confess her feeling and Jihyo had blew it she wasn’t sure if she’d be able to build up her confidence like that again before camp ended. She rounded up Dahyun and Chaeyoug and heading to changing rooms when she entered it was empty Sana must’ve already headed to dinner Jeongyeon side pulling Sana’s towel off her shoulder before quickly getting changed.