CH4. Prove you wrong

Those Summer Days

The rest of the day passed by quickly there was a buzz of excitment in the air there always was on on talent show night. It was like the finale episode of a survival show but the cheaper summer camp version. Jeongyeon grimaced as pulled out the outfit jihyo had given her earlier that day she hadn’t dared open the bag in from of her cabin she already knew the reaction she would’ve got, honestly they had no respect for their camp counsellor and Jeongyeon much preferred it like that she’d never been a very good authority figure. Jihyo had gone for a Red and blue theme with the outfit Jeongyeon’s was tight sparkling gym shorts and a matching jacket, Nayeon had the classic Union Jack dress, Sana had an equally tight dress with the wildest tallest platform boots. 

“There’s no way you’ll be able to dance in those without tripping” 

Jeongyeon said to the younger girl the two of them sat together before their final dance practice 

“i’m gonna prove you wrong Yoo Jeongyeon” Sana said with a giggle 

the dance practice went pretty well and before Jeongyeon knew it the five of them were stood behind the stage the lights shining off their outfits 

“Okay everyone put your hands in”

Jihyo said as they all huddled together 

“on the count of 3… 1…2…3. Let’s do this”

The girls all cheered lifting their hands up and heading to their starting positions Jeongyeon could see Dahyun enthusiastically giving her the Thumbs up from the crowd. Tzuyu was still dressed in a tux from her magic act which thankfully hadn’t involved any dangerous weapons just the old stuffed rabbit in a hat gag. The music started and girls began too sing and dance moving effortlessly around the stage. 

Jeongyeon was pretty sure she was hitting all the notes her English pronunciation was pretty good thanks to the endless classes she’d taken at this summer camp she danced watching Nayeon and Jihyo belt their parts out at each other like they were in a rap battle and here was the moment she’d been the most nervous about she moved towards the centre Sana doing the same from the other side of the stage.
The eyes of everyone from the cam were on her her and wanna stood side-by-side and sang 

“What do you think about that…”
She turned to look at Sana 

“Now you know how I feel”

Sana smiled before following with her own lines it was almost like Sana knew the bitter irony behind Jeongyeon singing these lines because of her almost confession earlier in the day. 

“Think you can handle my love are you for real” 

 they sang the next part before Sana skipped off across the stage. 

Jeongyeon spent the rest of the number glancing over at Sana between lines watching the way she danced amazingly despite the shoes and the very, very tight dress. The song finished and the girls all a group pose centre stage the crowd of camper cheered and Jeongyeon was pretty sure she could her Dahyun and Chaeyoung chanting “Encore Encore” 

The prizes were dished out among the campers with Mina’s mini ballet routine taking first place. Tzuyu came over after the awards muttering about how it was all fix and how the judges (which as just Jihyo and Mr Park) wouldn’t know talent if it hit them in the face. Jeongyeon laughed before sending her back to the cabin she still had to get out of her stupid outfit and help tidy up the chairs. she was stacking pile in the far corner when she heard someone creep up behind her

“Jeongyeon, do you want to go get some fresh air?”

she quickly turned to face Sana and nodded

“Yeah sure”

 Jeobngyeon grabbed her sports bag and the two headed outside most of the kids had left now and were hopefully tucked up nice and safe inside their bunks her cabin weren’t they most probably eating their body weight in sugar and playing truth or dare but that was what camp was all about.

“You managed to dance in your shoes”

Jeongyeon said posting at Sana’s platform boots

“I told you I’d prove you wrong” Sana replied sticking her tongue out for good measure 

“so what’s my forfeit?”

Jeongyeon asked as the rounded the back of the outbuilding 

“Hmmm I’m not sure.”

Sana replied leaning closer to Jeongyeon without thinking Jeongyeon followed suite leaning in and pressing a soft kiss on to Sana’s lips 

“Maybe that”

she said taking a step back 

Sana just nodded and grabbed Jeongyeon jacket collar to pull her in once more but the younger slipped on an uneven patch of ground and fell down pulling Jeongyeon down on top of her. Jeongyeon could feel her heart pounding in her chest and both girls tried not to laugh 

“Maybe the shoes weren’t a good idea”

“Maybe not” 

Sana replied hiding her face in Jeongyeons neck 

“I looked good in them though. what was it you called me at dinner the other day y?”

Sana said with a smirk removing her face and staring up at jeongyeon who was pretty sure she was about to pass out. She had finally kissed Sana and now they were all wrapped around each other firing openly if 15 year old her could see this she’d die. The two girls lips met again this time more passionately as Sana fingers worked there way into Jeongyeons hair. The older girl place her hands on Sana’s waist and they continue to move their mouths against each others.

“Jeongyeon, Sana”

Nayeon’s voice called out in the distance. The girls pulled away from each other.

“They must’ve left already”

Jihyo replied followed by the jingle of keys as the door to the building was locked 

Jeongyeon stood up moving further away from Sana 

“I…I… Uh should probably head back. see you around I guess”

Jeongyeon turned a left quickly cursing herself from such a lame goodbye why was she suddenly so embarrassed, this was all she’d wanted for years.

She continued to moved quickly across the camp site not daring to look back but if she had she would’ve seen Sana still sat on the ground looking like a lost puppy.