Chapter 2

The Sun Is Blue.


Chapter 2

Before we continue with what happened, let us start with the beginning of everything, okay? Here it goes, the first time I saw Myoui Mina. 
------

I chewed my gum as I made my way from the cafeteria. I was holding the cheapest thing I can buy, which is french fries and a bottle of water. I hurried and saw my group of friends hanging out on our usual place. 

“Hey.” I greeted them as I sat beside Dahyun. 

 Dahyun is an attractive girl. She has beautiful pale skin, adorable button nose and an energetic personality to match. Because of her pretty girl-next-door look, she is obviously very popular with men it was just a shame that she doesn’t swing that way. She is in fact, 100% into women. 


Dahyun smiled at me as she took a bite of her sandwich. It looked delicious. I pouted as I stared at my soggy fries, no wonder it’s cheap as hell, and pushed it away. When Dahyun saw the fries, she bursted out laughing. 

“Seriously, is that even considered as food?” She asked me as she took one fry and we both watched as a part of it fell on the grass, it was that soggy. I pouted again, gripping my long hair and pushing it to the side. 

“Let me guess, you’re broke.” Nayeon said with a teasing grin. I playfully glared at her.

Nayeon is what you call the campus crush. With her pale skin, big eyes and adorable bunny smile, a lot of men are head over heels into her. It’s not only that, people are drawn to her because she was extremely friendly and approachable. 

“Okay, fine. I spent way too much last night in the mall but I can’t help it. Anyway, it’s Jihyo’s fault in the first place. Why did you have to ask us to go with you to the mall?” I turned to playfully glare and meet Jihyo’s big eyes. 

Jihyo laughed at my expression, covering with her hand. She’s more of the motherly type and is filthy rich. I could tell with her expensive things. I mean, she has a freaking Louis Vuitton handbag for school. With her long, dark hair, bombshell body and big, pretty eyes, she easily stands out in the campus. She was also the cheerleading captain in high school. She is not at all what you expect personality-wise though. She’s incredibly kind and she doesn’t act like a Queen Bee like how people expect her to be. 

“ I was telling you to stop buying that top but you bought it anyway, sweetie.” She said with a smile. 

“ I like the color! Weren’t you the one who said that it brings out the sparkle in my eyes?” I said out loud with a slight pout. I was wearing the shirt that we bought last night. It was a pretty mustard yellow and was cropped just below my belly button. 

I sighed to myself and rubbed my rumbling stomach. 

“Do you want to take a bite of my food?” I turned and smiled at Jeongyeon  before shaking my head. 

“It’s fine, Jeongyeon. You’ll need your energy for later.” I told her as I stared at her sandwich. Roast Beef with mashed potatoes. Yum.

Jeongyeon is basically the Ken to Jihyo’s beautiful Barbie looks. She was tall and has model like proportions with dyed blonde hair and boyish charms that earned her many girl admirers. She is a part of the softball team in this university for the scholarship. She is also crazily smart. I don’t know how she manages to juggle sports and academics and be good at both of it; I’m envious. It was kinda funny that Jihyo and Jeongyeon  aren’t in a relationship together. I guess it’s too boring if the couple matches too much.  

“I’m getting annoyed with your whining. I’ll buy you lunch.” Dahyun playfully said as she stood up. 

“Wait, it’s fine. I have no money to pay you back!” I exclaimed as I stood up to follow her.

“It’s a treat! Now shut your mouth, will ya?!” She said out loud as she ran towards the cafeteria. 

I sighed once again. “Seriously, I told her it’s fine.” I mumbled. 

“That girl’s so into you.” Jihyo said between giggles.  

I scrunched up my face at the statement. 

“Seriously, aren’t you going to give her a chance? She seemed sincere and she’s not a bad person, right?” Nayeon nudged me. I just bit my lip.

“You know how I only see her as a friend, right? I don’t think that will ever change. Besides, we already talked about this so many times but I don’t want to ruin our friendship. It’s impossible, sorry.” I said.

“Ouch, that’s harsh.” Jeongyeon said. I shrugged. 

“Can we please stop talking about Dahyun? I don’t want to talk about it anymore.” I said. I looked around the campus, still annoyed with the topic. Jihyo seemed to notice my annoyance. She changed the subject to a different one. I then decided to tune them out. 

My eyes stopped roaming when I saw her. 

At first glance, she looked like a doll. Her skin is pale and blemish-free. Her hair is dark and was cut into a shoulder length with her forehead elegantly showing through it. She was sitting alone on the bench, her legs swinging along the breeze. She was wearing a creamy white dress with a ruffles on the sides and a bow on the collar. The sides and bow consisted of the colors blue and red. Beside her was an expensive Gucci leather handbag.  

“Who is she?” I asked my group of friends. They stopped talking and followed my eyes with theirs. 

“Wow, she’s so pretty.” Nayeon said as she watched the girl take a bite of her lunch. Jihyo nodded. 

“Probably came from a rich family too.” She said. I looked at her. 

“Like you?” I said. She shook her head. 

“No. I think that girl’s in another level. That dress, with that slippers and that bag, her whole outfit probably consists around $4,000.” I felt my jaw slackened. 

“Dang.” Nayeon blurted out. 

“My mom hadn’t even bought that handbag yet. It’s in the latest collection.” She said. I bit my lip. 

“Chaeng!” I heard Dahyun call my name as she made her way to our place. She handed me my sandwich before sitting beside me with a huff. 

“The line in the cafeteria is crazy.” She complained. She pouted to herself, puffing out her cheeks and showing off her pure white skin. 

I smiled at her, thankful for the food. I leaned towards her and then gave her a peck on the cheek. “Thanks,Dahyun.” I told her sweetly. 

I heard the others stifling a laugh as I saw Dahyun’s face become red in embarrassment. I glared at them and started eating my sandwich, I smiled in satisfaction. 

“What did I miss?” Dahyun asked the others as I continued eating. 

“Chaeyoung  here is turning into a lesbian.” Nayeon said with a teasing grin. Jihyo and Jeongyeon started laughing. I noticed Dahyun staring at me, I can feel her trying to check my expression. 

I almost choked on my sandwich.

“No, I’m not!” I exclaimed. The others started laughing harder. 

“Her face-” Nayeon laughed the loudest. I wanted to shut her up with a slap!

“Anyway, she’s curious about that girl. Do you perhaps know who she is?” Jihyo asked Dahyun. She followed Jihyo's stare with a blank expression. 

“Oh, her? Yep. I think her name’s Mina.” She said. She then turned towards me and flashed a grin, though I could tell that it was forced. “ Am I going to be invited in the wedding?” She asked. Poor Nayeon, she cannot breathe anymore from laughing so hard. 

“Yeah, I think her full name is Myoui Mina but I’m not sure.” She said. “She’s Japanese, I think.” 

I sighed to myself as I continue eating my sandwich. My gaze cannot help but go back to the girl. She is just so pretty. I watched, albeit creepily, as she wiped with an intricately patterned violet handkerchief. She stood up from the bench.When she stood up, I cannot help but notice how tall she is. The breeze messed up her dark hair a little bit and her flowy dress swayed along. 

My eyes widened when I caught sight of the purple handkerchief still on the bench. I quickly gathered up my things and made my way towards it, taking the handkerchief in my hand. 

“Hey, where are you going? “ Jeongyeon  asked as I briskly followed her. 

“She forgot her handkerchief, I’ll give it back to her!” I exclaimed as I hurried.

“Chaeyoung!” Nayeon exclaimed.

I stopped midway and glared at her. 

“What?!” I asked.

“Invite me in the baptism of your children, okay?” She said. I heard the others guffaw at what she said. I started running to catch up to her. For a cute girl, she freaking walks so fast!

“Nayeon, you stink!” I said out loud as I heard the chorus of their laughs behind my back.