Chapter Seven

Rebelling Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⭐ Chapter Seven ⭐

 

As expected, the news of Park Leeteuk kissing Kim Heechul- the two agents who were notorious to never see eye to eye- spread in the agency like wildfire. Sadly, Heechul had no one to blame but his own group members. Even if Donghae gave him his innocent puppy eyes, Ryeowook outright denying any association with the gossip spreading squad and Hyukjae playing dumb… Heechul knew who the culprit was.

 

It didn’t help that Heechul was in great predicament himself. Like; torn between outright demanding an explanation from Park Leeteuk or avoiding the guy like a plague. The black haired agent had spent a better part of his night brain storming to understand what Leeteuk was thinking about when he had force a lip lock on him, with an unexplainable confidence, while acting so cool and neutral after that?? Why had the elder pulled such a stunt?

 

There was no answer to that, unless Heechul confronted Leeteuk, which, of course, was not gonna happen. Since; that would require enormous courage that the agent clearly lacked.

 

Once the adrenaline of the unexpected kiss had fairly shimmered down, Heechul’s quick mind was able to go over all that had been exchanged the night before. The epiphany of how the whole Super Junior team was already on the case, while Heechul was kept in the dark made the agent marginally livid. He knew, for sure, it was Leeteuk’s doing. Heechul was ashamed to admit but fourteen years ago, when he had gone through the tragedy of his younger brother… Leeteuk might had seen him broke down twice, after that. The slightly elder man had kept Heechul’s embarrassing episodes to himself, much to latter’s gratefulness. Consequently, seemed like Leeteuk had never truly forgotten those times, if the scenario from last night was to be considered.

 

However, that didn’t mean Heechul was any less grumpy about being left out of the case loop.

 

On the other hand, when the black haired agent was summoned by the Chief, who ordered the agent to lay low for next couple of months, Heechul had not bothered arguing with the old man. It would be useless anyways, knowing Leeteuk, the elder might tie down Heechul before leaving for mission, for better measures.

 

Now, sacked from the mission… Heechul had nothing better to do than roam around the agency like a lost lamb. The combat arena or firing arena their group, Super Junior, was allotted had been deserted since that night… considering how all the members were engrossed in the mission plans, they didn’t had time for combat training. Hence the lonesome agent had no one to kill time with… even his mochi was no help lately.

 

“No can do, Hyung,” Henry flat out refused to budge from the doorway, not even letting Heechul peek inside the computer lab. “The things we are constantly searching over might be uncomfortable for you. And Hyung… your mental health matters to us a lot.”

 

“I am not a child,” Heechul hissed in annoyance, glaring at Henry’s gleaming grin. “Stop treating me like one.”

 

“I know that… but you better tell that to your boyfriend,” Henry teased, eyes twinkling with mischief. “Soon enough he would start calling you his ‘baby’, if you know what I mean.”

 

“Henry,” Heechul squawked, ballooned eyes looking around to make sure no one was passing through the long hallway had heard the younger boy’s frank jab. “There is nothing… Teuk doesn’t think… I mean… you know me-”

 

“Unfortunately I do,” Henry heaved a deep sigh before slanting his eyes at the taller man. “You are stubborn and damn oblivious… but here is a piece of advice; once all this mess clears up… do give Leeteuk Hyung a small chance. You never know he might be good for you.”

 

With those words, Henry slammed shut the door of computer lab right on Heechul’s gaping face. Ruffled, the agent solely walked toward the mess room. The buzzing in the area went ten folds higher once the black haired agent entered. Painfully aware of eyes burrowing holes in him. Heechul was a friendly senior, having good terms with nearly all junior groups, thus he was able to read the meaning behind those smirks directed at him.

 

But the moment his eyes clashed with Baekhyun’s shining ones; Heechul knew he was in trouble. The elder bolted right back, running to hide in his dorm. His younger brother had a knack of embarrassing him without any major issue at hand… but this time around; Heechul had fallen in a grave scandal. Baekhyun would never let him live it down.

 

“Curse you Ryeong for outing my secret!” Heechul bemoaned to his worst roommate before he realized with a jolt, the person he should be cursing was the one behind the kiss stunt. Somehow, that thought never crossed his mind.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

It was useless to avoid his younger and cunning brother, Heechul should have known. Yet, he found himself screeching in surprise when two dainty hands locked over his stomach, from behind. The gleeful ‘Boo’ Baekhyun released directly over Heechul’s sensitive ear made the latter jump, however, the younger man was hell bent in not letting his elder brother run away from him this time around.

 

“The whole agency knows you messed up,” Baekhyun teased once he let go of Heechul but not before dragging the elder agent toward a deserted common room area on the fifth floor of the establishment.

 

Heechul was originally on his way to the firing arena, mentally preparing himself to indulge in some aim practice, just to kill some time, when Baekhyun pounced on him from behind. The black haired agent knew eventually Baekhyun would catch up on the fact that Heechul was deliberately avoiding him.

 

“What do you mean?” Heechul frowned in confusion while plopping down on the long leather couch in the common room, trying to ignore the dull drone of the television running in the background. “When did I mess up?”

 

“Hyung, don’t try to act smart with me,” Baekhyun whined. “It’s okay, these things happen. There is no need to be ashamed because of it. I heard how you have been sacked from Vortex mission, something about you foolishly revealing your identity to them during some particular look out. And now you are on time out as the form of punishment.”

 

“Where did you hear that?” Heechul asked, trying his best to keep his anger in check. It was absolutely infuriating how such things were being said behind his back. But considering how Heechul didn’t want Baekhyun to learn the original reason behind his time out, the elder thought to play along the rumor, for the time being.

 

“Told you the whole agency is buzzing about it,” Baekhyun informed his elder brother before a cheeky smile bloom over his V-shaped face. “Heard another rumor too, you know…”

 

Heechul flushed red when Baekhyun started making kissy faces at him, along with obnoxious wet sound.

 

“Shut it,” The elder growled, trying his best to look menacing while Baekhyun flat out laughed at his sibling. “Whatever you heard is a false rumor, okay? Nothing of that sort happened between me and Teuk.”

 

“But I didn’t say anything,” Baekhyun’s eyes gleamed with mischief, knowing Heechul himself put his foot in his mouth. “Who said anything about Leeteuk Hyung? Did I say anything?”

 

Heechul opted to ignore his guffawing brother, desperately trying to bring down the hotness spreading over his tingling body. Against his will, the kiss replayed in his mind, tinting his cheeks further in a dark shade of pink.

 

“Funny how your thoughts jump right at Leeteuk Hyung,” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows in a sugg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter