Chapter Three

Rebelling Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⭐ Chapter Three ⭐

 

They sat side by side, knees brushing sporadically when Leeteuk would curve forward to peer over the thick file lying on the glass table top. They were currently in the large presentation room, but considering how they theoretically did not needed the aid of projector to review the case- it was just a small discussion session between them- thus Leeteuk obligated to sit on the chair next to Heechul, something the marginally younger agent was not essentially comfortable with.

 

“There is something missing in this case,” Leeteuk mused after meticulously reading the case-file while questioning out his curiosities to be on the same page as Heechul. “You have been hot on their heel for six months now, yet unable to identify what exactly are they trying to smuggle out with the help of Vortex Mafia… that is strange, if I am being honest.”

 

“I already told you,” Heechul repeated his earlier words, trying his best to make himself sound unruffled. “The Chief said it was more vital to find out who is behind this smuggling rather than what is being smuggled.”

 

“The Chief might have a history in the career as agent,” Leeteuk said while pausing for a second to express his thoughts better. “But, Heechul, you are aware the Chief was an IT-agent back in his days. He doesn’t realize how things work in field. What I mean to point toward is; discovering what is being smuggled would narrow our search for the culprits behind it.”

 

Heechul nodded solemnly, understanding his partner’s point, “So, what do you advocate?”

 

“I can’t advocate anything just yet,” Leeteuk shook his head, hand reaching out to drag the open file toward him. “I still need to understand a few aspect in his mission… something just doesn’t fall in place, you know. So, you were saying that continuously same pattern follows in every deal?”

 

“Yes almost the same,” Heechul indulged readily, his agent persona falling in place. “It’s either two or three member of Vortex Mafia group that comes for the deal. They meet in the alley, which varies sometimes but the perimeter of the place remain always the same. They exchange file for a black briefcase… the writing on the file seems peculiar but I never got the chance to get a clear picture of it. The security is too tight and the place is deadly silent, a single slither of leaf can cause suspicion, thus I try my best to remain low-key. I mean, there is no point exposing myself when I have been unable to gather any useful material.”

 

“You should never expose yourself even after gathering anything worth your while,” Leeteuk pointed out with a chuckle making Heechul flush slightly, the elder man just made him sound like a little kid, who made a mistake. “But the better question is; what do you suppose holds in the brief-case?”

 

“My first intuition was… money?” Heechul muttered with a deep frown. “But that doesn’t make sense, considering why would they pay the Mafia group before getting their things smuggled out of the country safe and sound, right?”

 

“Hmm… so, maybe there is in the briefcase and that is the item being smuggled?” Leeteuk put forward thoughtfully, eyes fixed on Heechul’s face.

 

“I doubt it,” Heechul shook his head in negative. “First, why would they risk so much and only smuggle a single briefcase of ? And Henry has hacked in Vortex Mafia’s system from time to time… not wanting them to get suspicious. He told me how a large sum of money is almost always transferred to their bank account right after the deal night. Considering the humungous sum of money, no amount of smuggle can earn them that, thus my conclusion, it’s definitely something bigger.”

 

“Makes sense,” Leeteuk agreed eagerly, nodding off his head in a thoughtful manner. “However, if the money is transfer to Vortex Mafia account right the next morning after the deal night… that suggest the items are already smuggled by that time… which is not possible, considering how they are exchanging the items to be smuggle on the same night.”

 

Heechul gaped loudly, eyes widening at the realization, “Teuk, you are right! It’s impossible to seal the deal and smuggle the things out in the same night… and nobody in their right mind would pay before their end of deal is met, right? What the hell is going on? What have I been missing all these months?”

 

“Hard to give the final verdict just yet,” Leeteuk muttered before pressing. “And what about that file? What is your taking on it?”

 

“Nada… literally nothing,” Heechul sighed in exhaustion, carding his delicate fingers through his jet black mien of hairs before noticing how Leeteuk’s eyes took in the movement with something dark shinning in his usually warm brown orbs. “I have rattled my brain all I could but nothing seems to fit. What could possibly be on the file Vortex Mafia is giving to their clients, and not the other way around, huh?? I always come up short with ideas, to be honest. Henry said it could be the bank account information, but why would they give the information of same account at every single deal?”

 

“Hmm,” The senior agent hmm-ed while looking in the space, deep in thoughts. Heechul never realized how serious and chic Leeteuk became while dealing with a mission, it was almost y. The black haired agent jumped at his own weird thoughts, giving a quick shake to himself. “And any luck with finding out the accounts detail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter