Chapter Eleven

Rebelling Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⭐ Chapter Eleven ⭐

 

They sat in the van, gliding over the road while silence engulfed them. Henry’s dagger gaze was piercing him through the rear view mirror… Heechul could already foresee himself getting lectured by his seven year younger teammate. But maybe he earned that scolding; Heechul mused.  Heechul sat on the seat beside Leeteuk, a sleeping Jihoon wrapped in his arms and tucked under his chin… well aware of Leeteuk’s dark penetrating eyes drilling on his face, silently demanding for an explanation, which Heechul was far too exhausted to provide, right then.

 

However, he had inquired after the mission, expressing his concern over the children that were due to be taken out of the country tonight. Leeteuk explained in utmost patience, providing details about all the aspects of the mission. Naming all the teams that were working on this sole mission.

 

“See, I told you on very first day, this was not a solo mission,” Leeteuk muttered in a soft voice so only Heechul could hear him. “You were beating yourself up for nothing.”

 

Heechul nodded, grateful for the emotional and mental support Leeteuk had desperately provided him again and again in the initial days of their being partnered together.

 

“What about Baekhyun?” Heechul asked in uneasiness, considering how whole Exo team was involved now.

 

“Don’t worry, I made sure he was appointed elsewhere,” Leeteuk assured reaching a hand to hold onto Heechul’s delicate fingers while explaining their side plan to distract the Vortex Mafia. Heechul realized, at that moment, he was forever in debt to his partner. Strange how he wanted nothing to do with Leeteuk, jealous at the fact that the great Park Leeteuk would snatch away his glory on the mission that was primarily his… but somehow along the way, Heechul was ready to admit that this mission would never come to its end unless Leeteuk was part of it; the man’s quick wits and strong resolve was the prime factor here… something to learn from, Heechul concluded.

 

Just then Leeteuk’s mobile phone rang loudly, stirring a deeply slumbering Jihoon, who was once more entered into dreamland when Heechul rocked him back and forth in a careful manner. Leeteuk talked in crisp manner, nodding along to whatever the other party was saying before hanging up.

 

“Congratulation, the mission was a success,” Leeteuk announced to the van at large. “Kyuhyun called; said they were taking the children to hospital for immediate medical assistance. While Junmyeon has rounded up the men that flee during our attack on the house, taking them straight to authorities. They would all be back in agency in couple of hours.”

 

Relief flooded Heechul hearing the good news, “No injuries to our men?”

 

“Well, that’s hardly avoidable,” Leeteuk said somberly. “But nothing lasting that’s for sure… they would be attended back in the medical center of the agency. And Heechul… are you sure this little one in your arms doesn’t need proper medical help?”

 

“Yes, because he was not sedated,” Heechul nodded in affirmative. “The medical center at agency would be good enough for him… he just needs a psychiatrist and healthy food, to be honest.”

 

Leeteuk looked like he wanted to question further, curiosity was burning in his gaze. But thankfully an interruption came before the elder could say anything.

 

“I also received an update from Shindong Hyung,” Ryeowook chirped in from the back seat. “The mission of child brothel is on hold, they need instant assistance because the members of team Shinee along with our three members are not enough.”

 

Leeteuk cursed under his breath, “I guess as soon as we return back to agency, we shall see if team seventeen members are alright, physically, before we dispatch them toward the third world country.”

 

“Or you can send our team,” Jimin suggested, looking at Taehyung for confirmation. “I believe team Seventeen was already allotted on multiple small missions before Director ordered them to halt those missions in favor for this one.”

 

Leeteuk nodded in agreement, already formulating plans for future. Heechul squeezed his hand, the one which was still holding his, silently providing some form of comfort.

 

The moment their car slid through agency gates, there were several people who wanted nothing better than to repent Heechul for his carelessness… his ability to underestimate his own worth… but Leeteuk jumped in to guide the traumatized agent toward the medical center. Leaving him to be attended by professional doctors, the leader of their team went to report the success of mission to the Chief.

 

Heechul was persistent to compel the doctors to attend to the child’s need before his. However, once Dr. Taeyeon was successful in shoving Heechul to a spare bed, the exhaustion took over, knocking him to a dreamless slumber.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

The sound of machine beeping around him, along with soft murmur met his ears when Heechul started coming back to the world of living. Groaning slightly, at his protesting muscles, Heechul tried to turn and find a better angle; however, the fatigue could be felt in every single part of his body.

 

“He is coming around,” A familiar voice said, his speaking stance showed he was calling attention of the medical center’s authorities. “He has been mumbling something under his breath though, hard to catch.”

 

“Must be calling for his boyfriend,” Someone on the right side of his bed cheeked, making Heechul to feel somewhat exposed.

 

“Kyuhyun if Heechul Hyung heard you, you are so dead,” Zhoumi’s kind voice sounded from left, earning a snigger from the called out guy.

 

“He is right you know,” Heechul spoke, forcing himself to lean in a sitting position, earning gasps around him… especially Kyuhyun’s widen eyes were rather comical. “I am bound to get better one day and you are my next target Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

“I feel so threatened,” The younger IT member mocked, faking a shudder. “But your romantic self would be becoming soft as a marshmallow, soon enough… so no worries.”

 

“I would say,” Taeyeon, a young beautiful doctor, had come running down seeing Heechul finally awake. Quickly taking his pulse and checking for some prime health factors. “You are good to go. Nothing but fatigue over powered you. However, as Leeteuk requested, your food is arriving soon. So you better eat up before leaving the hospital wing.”

 

“Thanks,” Heechul muttered, feeling a blush climbing the back of his neck, as he gave a side glare to his fellow agents- that included, Kyuhyun, Zhoumi, Kibum, Henry and Ryeowook- who had the audacity to chuckle before trying to disguise it as a cough; poorly disguised if Heechul said so himself. “Where are others?”

 

“Busy with the chief,” Ryeowook, taking a seat on the side of Heechul’s bed, said. “Only I sneaked away to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter