Chapter Two

Rebelling Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⭐ Chapter Two ⭐

 

Heechul came running out of the Chief’s office, slamming shut the door behind him. He was fuming, of course he was fuming because neither the Director nor the Chief bothered with any protest Heechul had put forward. Both men were hell bent on torturing him, Heechul established in the end, thus stormed out of the throttling place.

 

Like an angry bull, Heechul moved through the pack corridors. All the junior agent groups stop short at the elder agent’s sight before greeting him formally. However, Heechul was far gone in anger to concede. As quickly as conceivable, he ran toward the dorm area, seeking out the dorm allotted to his squad of agents.

 

It was a law of Granite Intelligence Agency to form a group of agents, out of the trainees, after every six months. It was not necessary for the group to complete the missions together- unless a rare case arised and needed the whole group for action. However, the group was formed to live and train together… they were allotted their own combat arenas, firing arenas and bombs dismantle workshops, while the agents would work in pairs or solo, as required by the mission.

 

Heechul was fortunate enough to be part of the second group created by the agency nearly fifteen years ago, better known as Super Junior- a weird name bearing in mind how they were the senior most group of agents in the company at the moment, but who was Heechul to question the sanity of Director, who habitually came up with names of the squad anyways.

 

Heechul still reminisce the day when the Director had introduced a group named Seventeen, a few years back. Lee Donghae, who had stood frowning at the newly formed squad of agents, had leaned toward Heechul and whispered, “Hyung, why are they called seventeen when they are only thirteen in number? That doesn’t make sense.” But turned out that seventeen was the 17th group of agents in the establishment thus the name was form. Heechul mentally rolled his eyes at the Director’s creativity.

 

Then the day his younger brother Baekhyun had come whining in a loud voice, complaining about his squad name. “Exo! Exo??” Baekhyun had cried rather dramatically. “The Director said it was because we all were special and came from exo-planet… but I called mom and she confirmed I was born on planet earth.” Heechul had been rendered speechless, not because of the Director but rather due to his own sibling.

 

Now, as Heechul crossed the threshold of his own room in the dorm, shared with Ryeowook, he slumped against the closed door… feeling drained of energy. He couldn’t help but groan while recalling what went down back in Chief’s office.

 

Flash Back:

“Leeteuk? Park Leeteuk??” Heechul kept mumbling in plain shock. “You can’t be serious, Director! Leeteuk and I don’t get along well… we never did even when we were trainees. You know that!”

 

“That’s when you two were practically kids,” Chief muttered in disinterest. “Now you both have grown up and went through a lot in your individual lives… I am sure you both would contemplate differently and your number of clashes would be less.”

 

“I doubt that,” Heechul scoffed, not bothering to lower his voice.

 

“See, you are the problem here Heechul,” The Director said, not looking please at all. “You have your mind set at whatever you wanna believe; you are not even willing to give him chance. On the other hand, when we communicated Leeteuk about our plan he willingly agreed… went as far as asking for the file on Vortex Mafia mission.”

 

“Of course he did,” Heechul snorted, folding his arms against his torso. “That goodie two shoe!”

 

“Heechul,” The Chief warned in a serious tone, making Heechul to force himself to calm down.

 

“Okay fine, I get it that I might need a partner in this mission,” Heechul started, looking somber. “But it could be anyone in the group… what about Donghae?”

 

“Hyukjae and Donghae have self-claimed themselves as partners,” The Chief replied in amusement. “Unofficially, but still, we all consider them as the partners… thus Donghae can’t be your partner.”

 

“Then what about Ryeowook? Or Sungmin? Or that tall one… Siwon?” Heechul put forward, growing desperate. “Heck, I would even take Yesung, and you know how everyone avoids being partnered with him.”

 

Both the Director and the Chief pinned the panicking agent with a hard look. A few seconds passed, Heechul was close to snapping when the Director parted his lips to seal his fate, “Agent Heechul, you are gonna partner with Agent Leeteuk, aka Park Jungsu, and that is final!”

 

.

 

.

 

After that Heechul had left the place, running back to his safe heaven… his room.

 

As Heechul looked around the small room, one side belonging to Ryeowook while the other downing in striking red was Heechul’s place. The elder agent paced toward his bed, before flopping down on it… blankly staring at the whitewashed ceiling.

 

This was the second time Director was forcing Heechul to be with Leeteuk. Last time it was fifteen years ago, when the Director had pretty much ordered Leeteuk and Heechul to share same room, considering they both were of same age. They have hardly lasted one month in the small room before Heechul took his pillow and blanket and started camping in Ryeowook and Kyuhyun’s room… sleeping on floor between both the beds. That was until Kyuhyun had taken mercy on him and permanently exchanged rooms with Heechul.

 

“Now, who is going to take mercy on me and exchange partners?” Heechul chuckled to his own self before turning around in bed and dipping in an uncomfortable sleep.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter